PDA

View Full Version : cost of razors --

dreamer
11-08-2007, 08:17 PM
bullshit ---razors are needed by everyone --and they cost like 15 bucks for 4 ----fuck this ---goddamn ---I bought some Quattro "titanium" shitz bitz ---fucking gave me a rash ---but I am stuck with them till they run out ---fucking 13.99 --fucking razors --fucking ---

heheh --

Night Rider
11-08-2007, 08:55 PM
gillette fusion turbo...it has 5 blades and its the closet shave u can get

..it's seriously like being a kid again. that smooth.

ds5929
11-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Have probably tried all of 'em, but I use sales,rebates,coupons,ect to lower the cost. I agree the prices are idiotic for the newer multi-blade models. Kicker is, I've never found any of them to be better than-or even as good as- the original single blade Bic,which is still pretty cheap. With my coarse beard, the more blades, the more pull and irritation,without a better shave as a result. If you're willing to undergo a bit of a learning curve, there are classic double edge blade models available online that'll take European and Israeli blaces that make the old Gillettes feel like blunt force trauma to your face.
Then there's the single best razor I've ever used- the Wilkinson Bonded Blade from several decades ago. Lucked into about a lifetime supply of them a while back on ebay, and now use my pile of 'modern' disposables as donations when the wife's underemployed son comes over.
Keep in mind this is purely subjective. What works well for me might be agonizing for you, and vice versa.
Oh yeah, you might want to invest in a good quality brush. Does waaay better job applying lather/gel/soap than your fingers could ever do. And shitcan the cheapo shave creams. They are,without exception,lousy.

mbf
11-08-2007, 08:59 PM
grow--a--beard--what--about--that--?-??

flabbybody
11-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Gillette MACH3 turbo. sounds like a fucking car.

I only shave 3 days a week now. I like the Brett Favre stubble look I have in between days. I think chicks dig it too. And one blade can last 7 or 8 shaves.

Falrune
11-08-2007, 10:24 PM
BIC Shaver. I think the girls like the facial cuts

suckseed
11-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I think there's a conspiracy to make every man in the NW grow a beard. Especially if you're a musician.
I experimented, but fuck me, they're itchy. I imagined kissing a woman would make her feel like she was making out with a scrunge pad or a yorkie's ass.

justatransgirl
11-09-2007, 03:33 AM
bullshit ---razors are needed by everyone
heheh --

Speak for yourself sexy...

I've spent over $6,000 on laser and $8,000 on Electrolysis... I'd damm well better not need a razor...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

OK - to be honest laser, etc never gets it all, I still have to run a razor about once a month.

PS - If anyone needs a good electrolysis person I have a friend in Orange County who's great, is super trans friendly and has about 30 years expereience. And is reasonable. PM me.

wombat33
11-09-2007, 03:38 AM
try nair

Senhora Menino
11-09-2007, 03:59 AM
I buy the cheap ass yellow one-bladed bics that cost 99 cents for 20. One razor lasts several shaves, through thick beard. I would imagine that they last even longer if you had to shave other less hairyer areas.

DJ_Asia
11-09-2007, 04:13 AM
Try shaving your dome like I do...then you really run into some monthly razor expenses.

I use Mach 3,although that 5 bladed beast sounds cool,doubt that its floating around Thailand yet though.

LINYguy
11-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Invest in a quality straight blade. It might seem a little pricey at first, but if you keep it sharp (use a strap) it will last forever. It takes a few trys to get the hang of, but you do get a great shave.

Leverage87
11-09-2007, 07:33 AM
I think I need to invest in a straight blade, I'm mostly of german descent (I've been told germans grow thick beards) and my face EATS razors, I burn through them very very quickly.

lust4ts
11-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Fusion is the best Razor from my experience, what really helps is applying a nice amount of shaving oil before you put on your usual gel or foam, it makes an amazing amount of difference.

Christastic
11-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Before investing in a straight razor, you might try buying a quality Double Edge safety razor and shopping around for cheaper blades to go with it. They usually last longer, and help build up the necessary coordination and shave feel you'd need before leaving the multi-blades and going at your head with a cut-throat razor. you need to develop a routine, though.

Edit: go here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F5u28JfnCM) and watch the little video.

Trogdor
11-09-2007, 09:58 AM
grow--a--beard--what--about--that--?-??

Smeg no. I prefer being a baby face.....beards make me look so much older.....don't like that. Plus they itch.

I myself use the single blade bic's at the Dollar store by me. I get the shave foam from the same place. :D The multi-bladed ones feel like the hair's getting ripped from the skin.....I want a shave....not a waxing. :P

Orrrr.....

*grabs the broad sword he has in his room* :mrgreen:

q1a2z3
03-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Shaving! Ha! Just one of the annoying things that comes with being born in an "XY host" I suppose. I guess some doctors will refer you an "XY host" as male. Then again, after 8 years of school what could he know?

memyself
03-08-2008, 03:24 AM
bullshit ---razors are needed by everyone
heheh --

Speak for yourself sexy...

I've spent over $6,000 on laser and $8,000 on Electrolysis... I'd damm well better not need a razor...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

OK - to be honest laser, etc never gets it all, I still have to run a razor about once a month.

PS - If anyone needs a good electrolysis person I have a friend in Orange County who's great, is super trans friendly and has about 30 years expereience. And is reasonable. PM me.

lol, dam good post :-P Hi Giggles

Floyd R
03-08-2008, 04:21 AM
Grow a beard and then you don't have to worry about shaving.