PDA

View Full Version : bullshit payment fees

hwbs
11-05-2007, 07:47 AM
i had meant to post this a while ago but 4got..so here it goes..i had bought a wide screen tv in march and did one of these 2 year no interest deals. normally i stop by the store and make my payments . i was running late 4 work and i decided i would make a payment on the phone. i didn't want to be late. i call and the operator told me it was a $15 processing fee !!!! WTF :evil: :evil: :evil: ...u have to be kidding me... i just rushed over there so i wouldn't be late 4 work.

then a few days earlier i called to pay my cell bill on the automated system. i enter my info and i get a system error message ...i try again and i get transferred to a live operator... they are like " Mr Buckstrap i will gladly enter your info for a $5 fee"... i am like, i entered all the fucking information an it was your system error. i can't believe these fucking companies...i hung up and just did it later ...

anybody else have any stories like mine ?

MrsKellyPierce
11-05-2007, 07:50 AM
nope

El Nino
11-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Yup, they get you anyway they can. Its all legal and in the fine print too. They also have corporate lawyers too so good fucking luck. The world is in a "shame spiral" I say

dan_drade
11-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Whenever you have to make a real person work, you will be charged a fee. Thats just the way things work now. Hell, even when you do things that dont make a real person work, you may still be charged a fee. I wonder what banks make on the ATM's that they own. If you are not a bank member you get charged a fee. That must add a to a few bucks everyday for the banks.

audioguy
11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi there....

That's happened to me recently with my VISA card. I had gotten into the habit of making phone payments, usually because I'd put it off until the last minute (I know, I know....). These have always been automated, with me entering my info, etc. I never speak with an associate. A few months ago, I go through the same process as usual and get a message that the transaction would cost me $9.95... Fuck! I know that's not a lot of money, but over the course of time it adds up, and I'll get nothing extra for it. Of course, I keep getting wrapped up in my own hectic existence and have had to do it a few times just to not be late... My fault.

I've done more griping lately about customer service reps who have forgotten (or simply don't care) that they are there to help people. I could put up with some of the attitudes I've gotten if the people were actually helpful... BUT, it's more often been the case that I'm on the receiving end of a shitty disposition AND really don't get any closer to resolving whatever issue I had to begin with. Just a little courtesy goes a long way... My calling in with a question isn't a personal attack against whichever employee answers the phone.

I haven't posted a lot, but since I am now I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying my time here.

Cheers, everyone....

jefferson1776
11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
FUCK CAPITALISM, in the end, the little guy always gets screwed!

rvince
11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
FUCK CAPITALISM, in the end, the little guy always gets screwed!

Yeah, communism is much more effective to protect the little guy. :lol:

ARMANIXXX
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
No particular story that stands out, but I either have to pay my car note by mail (stamp), or pay by phone ($10) or by internet ($5).

Most banks are assholes.

BrendaQG
11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I hate those. It cost them less than a penny to process the transaction by phone. It cost them money if you send a check. So what's the big difference?