PDA

View Full Version : maury povich show viewers appear to be well represented here

thx1138
10-31-2007, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&eurl=http://widget-31.slide.com/widgets/sf.swf

BeardedOne
11-01-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&eurl=http://widget-31.slide.com/widgets/sf.swf

That is just so fucking sad and shores up my oft voiced opinion on these forums. :smh

Bonus points to those that know the meaning behind the OPs handle (I bet more people know the answer to that than to whether or not Wyoming is a country that is a member of the United Nations).

BeardedOne
11-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Follow-up:

I loved the way the interviewer was showing people a map of the world where Australia was labeled with the name of the country in the question (Iraq, France, etc.)

Proof that not only are most people fucking stoopid, they are lazy as well.

TJT
11-01-2007, 05:50 AM
It's got better skiing than Old Mexico.

odelay24
11-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Thats from a comedy team called the Chaser, they started out as basically "The Onion" for Australia. Now they're big stars and you might have seen them on the news for getting through APEC security by posing as Canadian deligates, then jumping out of their limo dressed as terrorists.

Oli
11-02-2007, 04:56 PM
The axis of evil is New York, California, Florida and Mississippi? What an embarrassment.

B1, wasn't THX 1138 a George Lucas movie?

thx1138
11-02-2007, 06:59 PM
After reflection I realized we don't know if the people taped were a random sampling or not. The producers could have simply edit out the folks who knew the answers. On the other hand I asked my daughters a few of the questions. their reply: :huh:?

BeardedOne
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
B1, wasn't THX 1138 a George Lucas movie?

Correct. One of his early works, pre-Star Wars. Later referenced in the latter (The Princess was being held in Cell Block 1138) and the Lucasfilm branded sound system THX Digital.

timxxx
11-02-2007, 08:36 PM
It confirms some of my worse prejudices(you should always challenge your prejudices) about Americans. But l don’t think they are stupid. They just don't give a fuck about places outside the U.S.
I read somewhere only 12% of Americans have passports & Bush had only ever travelled to Mexico before he became President.
Insular maybe, but stupid, no. No more stupid than the rest of us.

blckhaze
11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
It confirms some of my worse prejudices(you should always challenge your prejudices) about Americans. But l don’t think they are stupid. They just don't give a fuck about places outside the U.S.
I read somewhere only 12% of Americans have passports & Bush had only ever travelled to Mexico before he became President.
Insular maybe, but stupid, no. No more stupid than the rest of us.

oh no, america in general is dumb. the fact the most dont care is a byproduct of it. The fact that none of these people he showed the fake book too even made ONE second guess is fucking sad. I can sorta understand not naimng United states as a country begining with "u" because we've shorted in to just america, but come on with the other crap.

BeardedOne
11-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I can sorta understand not naimng United states as a country begining with "u" because we've shorted in to just america, but come on with the other crap.

True. The first ones that came to my mind were Uruguay and Uganda. I may also have been thinking on the assumption that they were asking "Name another country that begins with U".

Brings to mind the recent Dilbert cartoon used by the Postal Service to advertise that you can send packages to over 140 countries and the pointy-haired boss sez "That's impossible! There are only about 37 countries, tops!" and then tries to count them on his fingers and asks "Is Rigatoni a country?". :lol: I'm not sure of the exact count at the moment but the United Nations has 160 member nations and there are many more on the map beyond that.

I wonder if Sealand counts? :D

crayons
11-02-2007, 09:32 PM
This is a cool thread. Too bad there is no nude shemales. Can someone just put a random nude picture (like Vo De Balm wanking) because Hung Angels just isn't cool without all the free pictures.

thx1138
11-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Vice President Dick Cheney speaking at a conference lashed out at his nemesis (well, one of them anyway) Hugo Chavez Frias stating: "The people of Peru deserve better". The problem is senor Chavez is a Venezuelan! :D