PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage venting.........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-07-2005, 02:23 AM
just want to get this off my chest....................
If it's rush hour (5pm +) don't get on the expressway and think you're gonna get away with doing 30-40 in a 55mph zone. Move ya ass over to the right lane where you belong and let us who have made it through the week without ripping someone's head off @ work get home so we can get out of our business attire and into something more comfortable. Oh yeah, if you're over the age of 60 and you're pushing that Cadillac or Lincoln you damn well better use all 8 cylinders; 10 mph wont cut it. :twisted:
Sincerely.............
JWBL

GroobySteven
05-07-2005, 02:28 AM
You need to come to Hawaii and try driving here before you complain about slow drivers in the fast lane...
This is a problem unique to the USA - in Europe if a car comes up behind you, you pull out of the way, it's not a "loss of face" or anything.
In Asia you just drive like a maniac in any lane - but because everyone is driving like a maniac it just seems to work.
seanchai

hondarobot
05-07-2005, 02:29 AM
I haven't owned a car in years, I live downtown and walk or bike.

But here in Minneapolis we have this crazy Skyway system which allows a person to get almost anywhere in the city and stay indoors. You will always encounter several groups of people walking side by side, blocking human traffic behind them, going very slowly.

Some people. . .

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-07-2005, 02:34 AM
I've been on the autobahn and you're right they do pull over in the right lane and let you pass, but egos here in NYC man........... I took a defensive driving class to lower my insurance and since that I've been more humble, but I'm sorry; on a Friday afternoon I want to get home and relax............

Chica
05-07-2005, 09:22 AM
i hate traffic, especially since im still learning how to drive, one time i had to turn right, but then found out the street was blocked, no signs or anything, so i go to continue forward and some old man comes on my left blind side nearly hits me so when i hit the 60mph country lane i catch him up and beep back at him :D

speck
05-07-2005, 02:11 PM
This is a problem unique to the USA - in Europe if a car comes up behind you, you pull out of the way, it's not a "loss of face" or anything.
seanchai

I have no idea why in the hell Los Angeles drivers cannot move out of the fast lane if there is a car behind them that wants to go faster. I seems that there are an entire bevy of morons clogging up the LA freeways.....the overaggressive bozos who try to weave in and out of thick traffic, the clueless foreigners who have no idea of US customs and laws even though some have been in this country 20 years or more, the idiots who cannot carry on a conversation on the cell and drive at the same time, the wannabe sheriffs who think it is their job to ensure that everybody drives the speed limit and go 60 mph in the fast lane to make certain it is so, the 70 year old, nearly blind and deaf guy in the 50 year old car, and I'm certain a good percentage of people who just hit the bong.

Bleah, California really needs to consider restricting drivers licenses.

Ecstatic
05-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Try Massachusetts, where the practice is simply to drive 75-85 in the fast lane, 65 in the middle lane, and 85 or 90 in the slow lane. :) Boston is famous for bad drivers (it's our 350-year-old winding cartpath-based road system and 4 million people living in an area the size of RI), where the rule of the road is every man (woman, tgirl) for himself. We have rotaries, but while the "law" is the same as in the UK (yield to traffic already in the circle), the practice is to gun your engine as hard as possible and get in and out as quickly as possible.

I am always impressed in the UK by how everyone--regardless of age, class, type of vehicle, whatever--obeys the rules of the road. On every one-lane B road in Scotland that I've driven (and that's quite a few on four separate trips totalling over a month), the driver nearest a turnout always pulls over to let the other car by. Overtaking (allowing the guy behind you to pass, regardless of your speed or his, even if he's well exceeding the speed limit) is the law and the practice. People drive in the correct lane on the motorway, unlike here in Mass.

To get your Mass driver's license, you have to answer the following questions correctly:

1) When merging onto another road, when do you pull into the stream of traffic:

a) When it's safe to do so

b) When you've waited long enough

c) Traffic? What traffic?

2) A yellow light indicates that you should:

a) Slow down and stop

b) Stop if possible safely and continue if not

c) Hit the gas and speed through before the light turns red

3) When a traffic light turns red, which is correct:

a) All cars heading into the light should stop

b) The first car should stop if it can do so safely

c) The first three cars should proceed as if the light were still green

4) Is the following statement true or false:

In Massachusetts, the only guy driving too slow is the guy in front of you, and the only guy driving too fast is the guy behind you.

5) When entering a rotary,

a) Yield to cars already in the rotary

b) Merge cautiously when you see an opening

c) Hit the gas and hope for the best

Traditionally, Boston has the highest percentage of fender-benders and the lowest percentage of fatalities of any major metropolitan area in the US.

Then there's Rome. And Amsterdam. And....

BONAFIDE
05-07-2005, 09:14 PM
I hate in LA these cats who always gotta be driving 20 miles over the speed limit trying to show off in their little ricer honda's like they are in NASCAR or some shit. I love slowing down when they drive up behind me, and then when they try to go around I speed up and don't let them. Shit is hilarious

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-07-2005, 09:55 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I did that last night here in NY on the LIE
some dude in a Mazda Millenia all up on my 6
pissed him off I'm sure, I kept the needle steady at 60

Felicia Katt
05-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Read the Vehicle code sometimes. It says slower vehicles should stay to the right. It doesn't specify slow ones. Its a relative thing. Even if you are going the speed limit, you are a slower vehicle if another car is exceeding it. The idea is to keep traffic flowing and to avoid passing on the right, which is much more dangerous. A slower car can move over and the faster car can go by and then the slower car can move back into its lane of choice. You may think you are in the right to stay to the left, since you are not speeding, but when you stay in the lane that way, you are breaking the law all the same.

Felicia

speck
05-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I hate in LA these cats who always gotta be driving 20 miles over the speed limit trying to show off in their little ricer honda's like they are in NASCAR or some shit. I love slowing down when they drive up behind me, and then when they try to go around I speed up and don't let them. Shit is hilarious

You may find it funny a-hole, but you are one of the problems, not the solution as you fancy yourself.

And no one should confuse rice rockets with all the sweet high end sports cars and sports coupes like 350z, g35 coupe, s2000, TL, etc. But lots of WT types do.

GroobySteven
05-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah I agree - what a dumbass thing to do?
If I want to drive 20 miles faster than you, it's my option to do so, I'm not trying to race you, I'm just on a different agenda.
seanchai

BONAFIDE
05-09-2005, 07:50 AM
If you wanna drive 20 miles faster than me than do it in another lane, don't come up right behind me and tailgate me like I should speed up just because you are. When they do some shit like that of course I'm gonna fuck around with em, slow down and then speed up once they try to go around. Fun as hell

And no one should confuse rice rockets with all the sweet high end sports cars and sports coupes like 350z, g35 coupe, s2000, TL, etc. But lots of WT types do.

And nobody is. I'm talking about the cats with their little shitty honda accord's, with rims on it, a spoiler, and cheap ass racing stickers. Think they are fuckin jeff gordon or some shit.

GroobySteven
05-09-2005, 10:42 AM
If you're in the fast/overtaking lane - and the inside lanes are empty then why are you driving in the fast lane when I'm coming up behind you?
Fair enough if you're overtaking people but that's what that lane is for - overtaking.
seanchai

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-09-2005, 11:22 AM
I think a few nerves were hit here.........LMAO

BONAFIDE
05-10-2005, 12:47 AM
If you're in the fast/overtaking lane - and the inside lanes are empty then why are you driving in the fast lane when I'm coming up behind you?
Fair enough if you're overtaking people but that's what that lane is for - overtaking.
seanchai

I'm not talkin about the freeway I'm talkin about the regular streets

Felicia Katt
05-10-2005, 02:54 AM
It dooesn't matter where you are. Someone going faster than you isn't trying to piss you off. They are just in more of a hurry , and coincidentally annoying you When you block them, on purpose, you are only doing that to "fuck around".

Two wrongs don't make a right. But two rights make a left :)

Felicia

speck
05-10-2005, 04:09 AM
Speaking of speeding and tailgating....what is up with ts driving like nuts?
Every ts I have driven with has driven like a maniac. Most of these were in Hollywood or West Hollywood....not good places to speed.

Felicia Katt
05-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Did I give you a ride, Speck? LOL

Felicia

BONAFIDE
05-10-2005, 08:32 AM
It dooesn't matter where you are. Someone going faster than you isn't trying to piss you off. They are just in more of a hurry , and coincidentally annoying you When you block them, on purpose, you are only doing that to "fuck around".

Two wrongs don't make a right. But two rights make a left :)

Felicia

I've been in LA long enough to tell the difference between the people who are actually in a hurry and the people who are just trying to show off

speck
05-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Did I give you a ride, Speck? LOL

Felicia

No, but I would risk it.

You are fine as hell :)