PDA

View Full Version : Scary Work Place Pictures

hondarobot
10-27-2007, 03:29 AM
It's still five days until Halloween, but I thought I'd start a thread of scary work place pictures to get the weekend going.

Anyone else work in a scary building? I work in a night club that is almost definitely haunted, is very old, and just plain creepy in many ways. I was running some Cat5 cable through the attic today (I also got a three inch gash on my head by hitting a pipe while doing it) but here is a picture of what our customers see as far as access to the attic. A normal looking wooden door marked "Roof Access". Now, if you have the right key, you could open that door and see the next picture (I have that key).

One scary ass metal stair case leading up to the roof. Even worse, halfway up on the left side, you'll see a wooden framed square hole. That's how you get into the attic. The attic is scary, dangerous, and just not good. I would have taken some pictures inside the attic, but my flashlight/head lamp didn't provide enough light for this crappy new camera phone (Moto Razer, you suck!).

Anyone else work in spooky places? Our attic is just the start for me, but it's a pretty good place to start.

:twisted:

Teck20
10-29-2007, 07:14 AM
New job ASAP

hondarobot
10-29-2007, 07:22 AM
I took pictures of one of the tunnels today. Pretty damn creepy. You'll have to wait to see them.

It's a scary place to work, I'm just saying.

:wink:

hondarobot
10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Part 2 of Scary Workplace Pictures. The attic is bad, to an extent that virtually no-one has ever been inside it. The tunnels are a different story, because you can just walk down into the basement (assuming you have the keys) and check 'em out. I've brought many people down to see them, and everyone has universally agreed they are horrifying. The picture is bad, but what you see is an over 100 foot long passage beneath the streets of Minneapolis that then turns right, and goes another 50 feet.

The floor of the tunnels is gravel. I imagine that's to absorb moisture that inevitably leaks from all the steam pipes that run down it's length. The pipes are barely above head level, and spider webs are not uncommon. At the end of the right turn there is also a bizarre hole in the wall. Nobody knows what's inside the hole, because as far as I know, no one has been stupid enough to actually look inside it. A trip to the end of the tunnel usually lasts around 30 seconds and ends with something like:

"Jesus Christ, this sucks! Let's get the hell out of here!"

Then everyone runs back into the basement. That's a freak show itself. The "Boiler" picture is a turn-of-the-century industrial boiler that provides heat for most of the building. Notice the bare bulbs providing illumination, chemical barrels, and other spooky looking stuff. Heh. All this is bad, but the single worst place in the whole club is probably the bottom of the freight elevator shaft. Only one person has ever been down there. A co-worker/friend of mine once had to go down this little ladder attached to the shafts wall to retrieve a microphone I had dropped (he lost a 2 out of 3 paper-scissors-rock contest, so he had to go). He said there were giant springs down there (I imagine in case the elevator cable snapped) and that the floor was "mushy". I don't even want to know why that would be the case, and he said he didn't bother to find out.

There are two other tunnels branching off from the basements, but even I won't go down those. Rumor has it they use to connect various buildings downtown for some reason, but the ends are supposedly all bricked up now. There's also a huge metal door that's been sealed off. We tried prying it open once, but the wall seemed like it was about to collapse. I have no idea what's behind it.

Spooky, eh?

:)

Night Rider
10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
...watch out for Freddy Krueger in that boiler

...whatever u do DON'T fall asleep

AlySinclair
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
This looks like a good place for that "TAPS" group to come to and scope out. ^^

Nice pics Honda!

ossumpeiEIEIO
10-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Put your pecker in the hole and see what happens.

BeardedOne
10-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Honda, you'd get a charge out of the Chicago freight tunnels. Secretly constructed under the streets of downtown Chicago beginning in 1899, they eventually connected every major building and freighthouse in the Loop. There's a number of websites and interesting books about them. Some might remember when the abandoned and forgoten tunnels came back to bite the city in the ass a few years ago when one under the Chicago River collapsed due to disrepair and flooded many of the newer buildings in the downtown area.

Another cool place is the old Cincinnati subway whose construction ended when the company was crippled by the Depression. In recent years, when the city sought matching funds for transit development, the feds said the city had to come up with X-bajillion samoleans in order to get the matching funds. The city pulled the original subway, still intact, outta their ass (As an existing capital expenditure) and said 'Been there, did that, give us our grant'. Last I heard, this was all still pending as a major portion of the right-of-way is now occupied by an Interstate.

hondarobot
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, folks. I hate the tunnels, I just brought it up and posted the spooky pictures because Halloween is coming up.

What in the world is the TAPS group, Aly? Now you gotta tell us. Interesting story about the secret Chicago tunnels, B1. I'd read about 'em, but I wouldn't want to visit them.

Just checking in at the HA Hotel lobby.

I'm 4 moves away from completion of The Manhattan Project, my covert naval units are in place and I'm hoping to crank out some Boomer submarines before the United Nations slaps down a non nuclear proliferation act (which they always do). My God I love Civ 4 on my days off from work. It must have started back with buying all those bags of green plastic army men when I was a kid. . . could have been collecting the storm trooper action figures, too. . .

"Dad! You can't just have one storm trooper! You have to have hundreds!"

"Stop playing with those damn 'dolls' and learn how to swim!" Heh. I will never ever ever be an adult.

Later.

:wink:

AlySinclair
10-30-2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

TAPS is the Ghost Hunter show on the Sci Fi channel. They do tours and testing of the most haunted places they can find, and I bet your place would qualify from the looks of things.

That and those tunnels under chicago, both would probably be super creepy!

I love haunted and paranormal stuff. Bring it on! ^^

Did I ever tell you my birthday is on Halloween? Seriously. ^^

hondarobot
10-30-2007, 06:16 AM
http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

TAPS is the Ghost Hunter show on the Sci Fi channel. They do tours and testing of the most haunted places they can find, and I bet your place would qualify from the looks of things.

That and those tunnels under chicago, both would probably be super creepy!

I love haunted and paranormal stuff. Bring it on! ^^

Did I ever tell you my birthday is on Halloween? Seriously. ^^

Oh, that. I've heard about it but I haven't watched it yet. Yeah, The 90's would probably be a good location for that show, I imagine.

Good night.

:)

crayons
10-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow what an interesting thread rendered boring. :(

biguy4tvtscd
11-03-2007, 12:55 AM
What was so interesting about honda's subconcious playing tricks on him in the first place?

Repeat after me...there's no such thing as ghosts.

Honda, here's my tip to you in the attic...just go about your business. The more you dwell, the more ammo you give your subconscious mind to scare the fuck out of you with.

As for TAPS...Please, even they don't believe in ghosts and have stated that their goal is to debunk the stories, not prove them true. I've only watched one or two episodes, but their ghost footage is like every other piece of supposed ghost footage out there. A couple seconds of a blur, followed by nothing, followed by some mopron screaming "DID YOU SEE THAT???!?!?!?!!??!!!1111"

It's 2007 folks, can we finally move beyond medieval superstitions?
They weren't called the DARK AGES for ntohing.

AlySinclair
11-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Television is for entrtainment purposes only.

Everyone has different means of entertainment.