PDA

View Full Version : MLB World Series

CORVETTEDUDE
10-22-2007, 02:25 PM
It's been settled, the Colorado Rockies will face the Boston Red Sox the the World Series. This is the Rockies first trip and the BoSox second trip in four years, after an 86 year drought. Best of luck to both clubs!!!

Obviously, living in Denver, I will be online trying to snife a few tickets. Wish me luck. No, I won't turn around and sell them, I am going to the frickin' World Series, if I can get tickets(face value). I won't pay a scalper...no class there. And, if I can't score tickets this morning, I'll do what I did during the play-offs...watch on the tube!

Now, let's start the rivalry....GO ROCKIES!!!!!

PatrickFromNYC
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM
It's been settled, the Colorado Rockies will face the Boston Red Sox the the World Series. This is the Rockies first trip and the BoSox second trip in four years, after an 86 year drought. Best of luck to both clubs!!!

Obviously, living in Denver, I will be online trying to snife a few tickets. Wish me luck. No, I won't turn around and sell them, I am going to the frickin' World Series, if I can get tickets(face value). I won't pay a scalper...no class there. And, if I can't score tickets this morning, I'll do what I did during the play-offs...watch on the tube!

Now, let's start the rivalry....GO ROCKIES!!!!!

In NYC I have had great luck getting tickets at face value for major events on Craigslist. You need to be patient and wait to the day of the game. There are always people who have a friend who can't make it at the last minute and put the extra ticket(s) on craigslist. I got Springsteen tickets last week at the garden for face value.

Paladin
10-22-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't think a Red Sox world series will have any tickets available at least not for the Boston games!

Go Sox!

2754tim
10-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Who Are The Rockies? Sox In 5

cp3rb25
10-22-2007, 07:17 PM
The team that has won 20 of their last 21 or the team that beat the sox at Fenway.

Which ever you prefer

CORVETTEDUDE
10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
The team that has won 20 of their last 21 or the team that beat the sox at Fenway.

Which ever you prefer

Yea, those Rockies!!! The Rockies in 4(why lose now)

ILuvGurls
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
reckon what the over and under on snow days are??

c'dude you are getting snow now, aren't you?

edit to add: like both teams but the new blood is nice.....go rockies.....got a feeling the long lay off will hurt the rockies.

CORVETTEDUDE
10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
reckon what the over and under on snow days are??

c'dude you are getting snow now, aren't you?

edit to add: like both teams but the new blood is nice.....go rockies.....got a feeling the long lay off will hurt the rockies.

We had a little of the white stuff yesterday, now gone, except in the higher elevations. nice weather comin' up for the games scheduled here.

Ecstatic
10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Clarification: the BoSox have won the AL pennant six times in the past 89 years (since the "curse of the Bambino" started in 1919). The 86-year drought was the time between World Series championships, not trips to the World Series. All told, they have won 12 pennants, and were the most dominant team in baseball between 1903 and 1918 (six pennants, five World Series victories--they didn't lose in 1904, the Series was cancelled). Also, it's worthy of note that the Sox rank 4th overall in number of WS crowns with 6, after the Yankees (26), Cardinals (10), and Athletics (9).

Go Sox!!

And congrats, Rockies!!

2754tim
10-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok..It's time to start the betting. U first Corvette Dude.

PatrickFromNYC
10-23-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't think a Red Sox world series will have any tickets available at least not for the Boston games!

Go Sox!

True...Very true...The Red Sox tix are an exception (even the regular season)

CORVETTEDUDE
10-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Clarification: the BoSox have won the AL pennant six times in the past 89 years (since the "curse of the Bambino" started in 1919). The 86-year drought was the time between World Series championships, not trips to the World Series. All told, they have won 12 pennants, and were the most dominant team in baseball between 1903 and 1918 (six pennants, five World Series victories--they didn't lose in 1904, the Series was cancelled). Also, it's worthy of note that the Sox rank 4th overall in number of WS crowns with 6, after the Yankees (26), Cardinals (10), and Athletics (9).

Go Sox!!

And congrats, Rockies!!

Thanks for clearing that up...sory for the screw-up. I still haven't been able to get tickets to the games here in Denver, yet. The Rockies server shit the bed after approx. 500 were purchased. We are still waiting for the to re-open the online purchase. The server had 8.5 million hits within 60 minutes. Wish me luck!

ezed
10-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Red Sox Nation is coming to Denver. Be scared! Be very, very scared. They're an old school team. They'll get hammered at the drop of a hat. They know the post season. 162 games, 2 play-off series, They're in the Series. 173 games will not go to waste. :twisted:

Hope for snow in Denver!