PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a club where Minneapolis HA's hang out

dropkickmurphy
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
My job has relocated me to the frozen tundra of Minneapolis for a few months while working on a project. The thought of being away from the NYC parties for so long is depressing. Are there any clubs in Minneapolis where a lonely guy can meet up with an angel or two? I've seen a couple of drag shows around town but I'm looking for more of a meet and greet type of place like Allanah's Thursdaynight party back in NYC.

Thank you

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-21-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I used to lived in St. Paul, MN and the only place me and my friends go to is the 90's (formerly the Gay 90's) down on Hennepin Ave. in downtown Mpls. Go to the 3rd floor if you like watching tg drag shows. Also Hondarobot works there. ;)

Or you could go somewhere in WI. There are a few drag clubs down there as well. That's if you're up for a long drive. LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

P.S. There's also Citypages or the Manline!

TrueBeauty TS
10-21-2007, 11:10 PM
My job has relocated me to the frozen tundra of Minneapolis for a few months while working on a project. The thought of being away from the NYC parties for so long is depressing. Are there any clubs in Minneapolis where a lonely guy can meet up with an angel or two? I've seen a couple of drag shows around town but I'm looking for more of a meet and greet type of place like Allanah's Thursdaynight party back in NYC.

Thank you

I hear there is some action going on at the airport. Don't know if that's true or not, but I'm willing to take a "wide stance" on the topic.

:wink:

mbf
10-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Thank you

I hear there is some action going on at the airport. Don't know if that's true or not, but I'm willing to take a "wide stance" on the topic.

:wink:

bring ur own lingerine and a wig....that might do if ure REALLY desperate....

hondarobot
10-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Relocated from NYC to Minneapolis? You have my sympathies. Unfortunately, you're not going to find anything like Allanah and Sunnys parties in this town. I do work at the 90's, and while we do have a drag show 5 nights a week (and many ts in attendence) you'll be disappointed, cause this just aint New York.

You could get lucky and a ts celebrity from out of town might stop in some night. I know Allanah and Gia Darling have been to the club. Hara use to hang here, I'm sure Julie probably use to come down as she's mentioned she lived here awhile ago.

If you're into drag performers, many of ours are pretty good at what they do. And we have the best sound and lighting systems in the world, thanks to me. Ha! Just kidding, most of our stuff is getting pretty lousy lately and the owner wont give me no money. Even my work computer is crashed at the moment (I know it had something to do with that damn exclamation point key).

And Hara, the shows on the second floor. We don't have a third floor, unless you count the attic, and I'm practically the only poor bastard in the whole club that get's stuck going up there. I told you about the tunnels once, those are nothing compared to the attic (shudders).

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-22-2007, 12:21 AM
I said 3rd because I did count the attic/leather/lesbian bar area Honda. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

hondarobot
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
No, I'm serious, we only have two floors. I think a lot of people think of the place as having three floors, because there is that large landing area on the main staircase going up to the show lounge, but I swear to God, only two floors.

The lesbian bar is now "The Retro Bar", the Garden Court is closed, the first floor has pretty much stayed the same, though.

The attic is above the show lounge floor. The only way in is through the staircase leading to the roof, behind a locked door. The place is pretty large in itself, but you'd be surprised how many places there are that practically nobody has ever seen.

:)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-22-2007, 12:42 AM
The attic is above the show lounge floor. The only way in is through the staircase leading to the roof, behind a locked door. The place is pretty large in itself, but you'd be surprised how many places there are that practically nobody has ever seen.

:)

LOL I bet I've seen some of those places you were saying! ;) LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

dropkickmurphy
10-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the replies Honda and HTG. Been to your club a couple of times, Honda. It's pretty huge, the bartenders were cool and the crowd was allright. I'm just not into the whole drag show lip sync thing.

HTG- Where in Wisconsin is worth driving to? It looks like I'll have plenty of time in...oops...I mean on my hands. :?

hondarobot
10-22-2007, 04:51 AM
That's cool that you posted that. I hear negative things about the bar staff all the time. Mike, in La Femme, is an awesome bartender. Gert, in the Retro, is a good friend of mine. We have lot's of great people there.

I'm glad you enjoyed the club.

TrueBeauty TS
10-22-2007, 04:54 AM
That's cool that you posted that. I hear negative things about the bar staff all the time. Mike, in La Femme, is an awesome bartender. Gert, in the Retro, is a good friend of mine. We have lot's of great people there.

I'm glad you enjoyed the club.

What the scene like at the airport? Are people still taking pics of that bathroom stall?

hondarobot
10-22-2007, 04:58 AM
We're having the entire airport bronzed, and are trying to obtain the bones of Libarace to put atop the air controller tower.

TrueBeauty TS
10-22-2007, 05:00 AM
We're having the entire airport bronzed, and are trying to obtain the bones of Libarace to put atop the air controller tower.

Sweet.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the replies Honda and HTG. Been to your club a couple of times, Honda. It's pretty huge, the bartenders were cool and the crowd was allright. I'm just not into the whole drag show lip sync thing.

HTG- Where in Wisconsin is worth driving to? It looks like I'll have plenty of time in...oops...I mean on my hands. :?

You're welcome. Grab a copy of the Lavender Lifestyle next time you're at the 90's. It will tell you of all the places to go. I've been out of there for quite sometime. So bar names and addresses might have changed. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG