PDA

View Full Version : For the ladies: Your choice of name

Willie Escalade
10-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Recently, I was having a conversation with a friend. The talk came to the topic of her chosen name (she is a T-girl). She said she chose her name to honor her late grandmother. That made me curious about other girls. How did any of you come up with your name? Is is to honor someone? Do you just like that particular name. No jokes; I just think that's an interesting question.

Realgirls4me
10-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Actually, this is a pretty interesting question as it can possibly reveal a thing or two about the girl in question. This was a choice after all, unlike being named by another at birth.

alphanumeric
10-22-2007, 08:38 AM
bump

justatransgirl
10-22-2007, 11:42 PM
I hated my birth name with a vengence. Not one single person in my life could ever pronounce it - seriously.

When I went to get my legal name change the judge botched it - after I corrected him - he said "I can understand why you want your name changed... granted."

So my name is Jamie - because I always loved that name, and I love Jamie Lee Curtis...

And my last name is - well you all don't need to know my last name...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

TopHeavyCutie
10-23-2007, 03:45 AM
Well....As JATG stated,

I didnt like my boy name very much. It did not suit the new me. So I had to change it. I think I went through 2 Years trying to find that "PERFECT" name. I got tons of mail and e-mails and stuff with diff names on it...lol I hope the US GOV doesnt think I'm tryin to run game. lol....Then all of a sudden at the ass end of that 2 year period, I kinda fell in love with the country of Israel. I REALLY liked the Israeli women there and admire them for the Courage and strength to be whom they are and live life to the absolute fullest. So I adopted the the female form of Israel.

Yup....You guessed it. ISRAELA! :D

Been stuck on it ever since. So I tried it for a little while......then tried other names like.....Tawni.....and Alameda..and Sienna.....But still liked Israela very much....So I stuck with it. Put that down on the name change document..and Here I am.

But I still liked some of my previous names....So now I just use them as stage names and the names on my XP log on screen ....lol

Thats my story. Hoped ya liked it Willie E.

Israela
xoxxoxoxxoxoxo