PDA

View Full Version : Recipes for the male heart..................

downblow
10-21-2007, 03:46 AM
The old adage about the way to a mans heart is through his stomach is true ladies. So what's your culinary skills like and what is your favorite dish to cook? Take out is not acceptable unless your fingers are so large you can't push the numbers on the pad......in that case what's your favorite take out meal?

My favorite dish that I made and my ex really enjoyed was a Quesadilla recipe I got from Bob Bloomer. Recipe is below.......

Ingredients:
Mango and Brie Quesadilla

* 4 x 8 inch flour tortilla
* 1 serano chili or 2 jalapeno chili, minced
* 2 scallion, trimmed, and, diced
* 1 ripe mango, peeled, and, sliced
* 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, leaves, chopped, stems discarded before before measuring
* 8 oz brie cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch slices

Sour Cream and Lime Dipping Sauce

* 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
* 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
* 1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Mango and Brie Quesadilla

1. Tortillas are available in all grocery stores but sometimes hidden in the refrigerated or frozen food sections.
2. The mango, if unavailable, may be replaced with a papaya o pear
3. Rind removal for the Brie is optional—but I always remove it
4. Heat a 10-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the dry pan for approximately 1 minute per side, or until it just begins to brown. Remove. Repeat with the second tortilla. (If your tortilla expands like a blowfish, poke it with a fork to release the hot air.)
5. After the second tortilla has browned, leave it in the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Spread half of the mango evenly over the tortilla, then top with half of the peppers, scallions, cilantro and Brie strips. Top with the first tortilla. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the quesadilla with a spatula, re-cover the pan, and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. (Don’t worry if a bit of cheese escapes and begins to sizzle loudly.)
7. Remove the quesadilla from the pan, let sit for 1 minute, then slice into 8 wedges (like a pizza). Serve immediately with the sour cream dipping sauce.
8. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.

Sour Cream and Lime Dipping Sauce

1. Blend sour cream, lime juice and salt with a fork until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small decorative bowl or teacup and refrigerate.

yields 4

CORVETTEDUDE
10-21-2007, 04:04 AM
OHHHH!!! So now we have our own chef. Next thing you know we'll have a sewing circle goin'!!!