PDA

View Full Version : Rules of flying

RubyTS
10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Ok, so i've never ever been on a plane..... i booked a flight to miami and im hearing so much stuff about carry on's and store awayas and things u cant take with u. Now i just purchased like 300 worth of hair products which i will need to keep my hair beautiful in the miami sun, only everyone is telling me all these different rules. some said u cant pack liquids PERIOD! Some say u can... Others are telling me only in your store away luggage, some are telling me only travel size products which must be in a ziplock... i dont want my first flying experience to be a disaster at the airport. Can someone please clue me in here? I cant seem to find a website with rules and regulations, otherwise i wouldnt be asking here. TY in advance :?:

sheyum
10-18-2007, 12:12 AM
heh ruby--dont leave ny....i got a hard on just realizing you were online the same time as I-----how come you dont play with valiere anymore?? would have LOVED to have seen u 2 together!!

Night Rider
10-18-2007, 12:20 AM
i dont think u can take liquids in ur hand luggage but think u can put them in ur case..u can maybe take them on in hand luggage if they are checked at the airport and put in sealed bags. apparantly u cant even take tweezers on the plain anymore so if ur unsure just trow it in ur case.

Minutemouse9
10-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Here are your answers

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

RubyTS
10-18-2007, 12:32 AM
well, everything is going in my suitcase. only carrying on my laptop and purse. So im good as long as they're in my suitcase? Do they still need to be bagged and such? and does it matter that they are full sized and NOT travel size?

TopHeavyCutie
10-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi there...Never thought I'd find work related issues here!....

Anywayz.....You can pack liquids.....in your carry on....Just make sure none of them go over 3.4 onces.....And They MUST be in a quart size ZIPLOCK sandwhich bag.

If not....Those OTHER assholes will take them away. no matter how expensive!

Anything of value..make sure you put it in checked luggage. (Liquid Wise)

Hormones and needles and things...all that stuff is considerd medication. you can bring much of it topside with you as ya like.

Anyother ?'s Just ask.

Izzie P.

U.S. Customs Officer 8)

xoxxooxxoxoxoxo

BeardedOne
10-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't fly often (Last time was to SF/SJ about three years ago), but I'll give you some easy tips:

Wear sandals/slippers/loafers/whatever. They're still freaking out over the shoe thing. There was another shoe scare the first time I hit SFO (Returning) and after that they were requesting people to take their shoes off and run them through the machinery. I found these neat Velcro slippers at K-Mart. :) They fix the problem and are comfy as well.

Throw all of your change, belt buckles, jewelry (Those big, shiny "Ruby" earrings ;) ), and weapons of mass destruction into a Ziplock and throw them on the belt. The expression on their faces when you don't go "BEEP!" is priceless. :D

Go early! Better to twiddle your thumbs in a coffee shop =inside= the perimeter than to miss your flight while farting around with a cavity search =ouside= the perimeter. Unless, of course, cavity searches are your bag. :wink:

If you get in early, get a seat within view of the security area. It can be great entertainment. :lol:

Those "Random Screenings" usually aren't. If you look/act suspicious, you better hope that you douched that morning or it could get embarrassing.

Lastly, and this is prolly the most important item: Never travel with Penn and Teller. See "Penn and Teller Get Killed" to fully understand the import of this advice.

Have a safe and fun flight and send postcards. :D One with a manatee or aligator on it would be nice. :wink:

RubyTS
10-18-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't fly often (Last time was to SF/SJ about three years ago), but I'll give you some easy tips:

Wear sandals/slippers/loafers/whatever. They're still freaking out over the shoe thing. There was another shoe scare the first time I hit SFO (Returning) and after that they were requesting people to take their shoes off and run them through the machinery. I found these neat Velcro slippers at K-Mart. :) They fix the problem and are comfy as well.

Throw all of your change, belt buckles, jewelry (Those big, shiny "Ruby" earrings ;) ), and weapons of mass destruction into a Ziplock and throw them on the belt. The expression on their faces when you don't go "BEEP!" is priceless. :D

Go early! Better to twiddle your thumbs in a coffee shop =inside= the perimeter than to miss your flight while farting around with a cavity search =ouside= the perimeter. Unless, of course, cavity searches are your bag. :wink:

If you get in early, get a seat within view of the security area. It can be great entertainment. :lol:

Those "Random Screenings" usually aren't. If you look/act suspicious, you better hope that you douched that morning or it could get embarrassing.

Lastly, and this is prolly the most important item: Never travel with Penn and Teller. See "Penn and Teller Get Killed" to fully understand the import of this advice.

Have a safe and fun flight and send postcards. :D One with a manatee or aligator on it would be nice. :wink:

i'll remember to doosh and wear clean socks and panties lol.You're so adorble sometimes :P

BeardedOne
10-18-2007, 02:02 AM
i'll remember to doosh and wear clean socks and panties lol.You're so adorble sometimes

I've really gotten to like the word 'adorable'. :wink:

Thanks, I hope the info helped.

elo
10-18-2007, 02:05 AM

i'll remember to doosh and wear clean socks and panties lol.You're so adorble sometimes :PSOMETIMES?I think that was an hidden affront,BeardedOne. :lol:

BeardedOne
10-18-2007, 02:08 AM
SOMETIMES?I think that was an hidden affront,BeardedOne.

Hmm, well sometimes I can be a raging asshole, but only when dealing with JP Morgan/Chase (They SUCK, and not in any positive way).

scroller
10-18-2007, 07:27 AM
i booked a flight to miami and im hearing so much stuff about carry on's and store awayas and things u cant take with u. Now i just purchased like 300 worth of hair products which i will need to keep my hair beautiful in the miami sun, only everyone is telling me all these different rules. some said u cant pack liquids PERIOD! Some say u can... Others are telling me only in your store away luggage, some are telling me only travel size products which must be in a ziplock...

I'll just say this -- the reason you're getting varying advice is that the actual screening varies between airports. My girlfriend flew NY -> Miami with some stuff no problem (no shoe check), flying back was a big hassle, had to throw stuff out (with massive attitude from screeners), shoes off, etc.

slinky
10-18-2007, 09:43 AM
I've really gotten to like the word 'adorable'. .

The thing I miss most about my favorite ex is when she used to pull me close and whisper in my ear "I adore you".

El Nino
10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Airports suck nowadays. They'll search and detain your 100 year old grandmother for heavan's sakes. Numbskulls...

El Nino
10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
A good Idea sometimes is to package and ship some of your stuff to your destination. But of course this is not always possible

justatransgirl
10-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Oh - and don't forget, if you are flying Southwest be sure to wear a really low cut top, and an extra short mini - and sitlettos - and get a good lawyer in advance and you should be able to retire off the discrimination lawsuit...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

CORVETTEDUDE
10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Now, "RubyTS", my advice is to travel nude, buy what you need when you get to Miami. They don't wear much around there, anyway!!!

Oh, and take photos....we want to see, not hear that you had a good time!