PDA

View Full Version : Sobering news: Vaniity going to rehab :(

bulldogtuck
10-17-2007, 01:18 AM
I wish her the best. Addiction is a disease and she's doing the right thing. She's going to beat this.

This is a message to her fans from Vaniity on her website.

"While it has been a tough decision to make, going to rehab is probably
one of the best and smartest decisions I've made in a few years. I
find myself at a time in my life where I've nowhere else to go in my
addiction. I have as they say, "hit bottom" and though it is scary I
am also grateful that my life is just about to take a turn for the
best...From here I've no other way to go but up.

I am saddened that it has come to this and I realize that I've hurt
those closest to me, my love, my family and my friends... I am sorry I
have distanced myself in my addiction.

Also, I wanted to let you all know that I've changed my look a bit,
I've cut off all my hair and it is "boy-cut" short. This wasn't a
decision made out of craziness, it was thought out believe it or not...

So I leave you for a little over a month. Wish me well... I shall
leave my website and updates to Stacy (my ex) and he will keep you
informed of my progress.

I am so saddened to have missed my buddy Toggsy while here and I hope
to get together again in the near future to talk about publishing my
auto-biography. ..

Thank you to all who have supported me through out my career,
especially to all of you who have stuck with me through good and bad
times ~my devoted Vaniitopians. ..

I won't say goodbye... just "let's catch up soon..."

Tail Gunner
10-17-2007, 01:24 AM
yeah.. it's sad, thought she was getting better but times are a bit tough on her now I take it.

youcancallmeclaire
10-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Did she take 2 vicadin in the same week or something?
Or was she shooting heroin under her toenails?

Details are important.

Rod la Rod
10-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Did she take 2 vicadin in the same week or something?
Or was she shooting heroin under her toenails?

Details are important.

Good one.

Chuck
10-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Vanity will come through this. Her honesty is a significant step. We put so much stock on our outside that we neglect what is going on inside. I wish her the best. I know the grip of addiction. Alcohol used to consume my life. I have an addictive personality so I started focusing on other things. It's still there though and I know the ever present risk it poses to me.

Good luck Vanity...come through this!

Night Rider
10-17-2007, 03:15 AM
i got into drugs when i was 12 and continued through till i was 19...and im not talking about smoking some weed, im talking ecstacy, coke, speed, mdma and other stuff nearly every night of the week..im 21 now and my whole life's ahead of me and im glad to be drug free. cold turkey is like feeling at ur worst X 100 and its not worth the highs of drugs..anyway vaniity i dont know what drugs u were on but the best thing to do is get a full detox, try and stay positive and dont feel guilty about the past. everyone has reasons for what they do so just be proud of urself for seeing sense and giving up that lifestyle...

youcancallmeclaire
10-17-2007, 03:18 AM
does anyone have pics of the boy cut??

Seconded.

LBCDO
10-17-2007, 03:26 AM
I dont know what the "poison" was in this case, but i know that shes in cali, and I hope that it wasnt Ice. I come from a background of people who deal and do coke all day and everyday, and I dont think Ive seen a real "Coke Addict" in my life. Maybe while someone was on, but never someone who couldnt survive without it...

But Ice is big in the west like it is here, and Ive seen it destroy lives. Literally. Its like an entire different class fo drug. I know a handful of people right now who will tell you without second thoughts that ice is worst than heroin...

I wish her the best

hwbs
10-17-2007, 03:27 AM
i know it is the in thing to laugh at celebrities at rehab ...it really isnt anything to laugh about ...its even worse how they can get photographs while they are in rehab...i guess people lead boring lives and need to live through others..i wish vanity the best.

Realgirls4me
10-17-2007, 03:32 AM
I wish her the best in her recovery. I'm glad to see she is getting her act together and taking it to the monster.

... On her coif, I bet she looks a lot like an early Silvia Boots. It would be nice to see a picture of her, though.

whatislove
10-17-2007, 03:34 AM
What is ice? Crystal Meth?

Ecstatic
10-17-2007, 03:41 AM
i know it is the in thing to laugh at celebrities at rehab ...it really isnt anything to laugh about ...its even worse how they can get photographs while they are in rehab...i guess people lead boring lives and need to live through others..i wish vanity the best.
Yes, but that's only true of the celebrities who deserve it.

CORVETTEDUDE
10-17-2007, 03:50 AM

"buckstrap"...I completely agree with your statement. It avidly reflects the insensitivity of the individuals making such comments. And, I'm very sure thay all live in glass houses and therefore need to be more understanding, supportive and diplomatic. Vanity, as well as many others have taken a very difficult road to express their true identities. The journey is extremely stressful and requires a superior level of courage, something lacking in someone that so quickly sees humor in her(and many others) dilema.

Vanity has the courage and intelligence to realize that the road she has been traveling is a deadly one, and has taken action to change course. It doesn't matter what her hair looks like, at this point, it bears absolutely no signifigance, whatsoever. What she needs is everyones support and well wishes.

Vanity, you are in my prayers. I wish you all the very best.

slinky
10-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Does this mean we might see a Vanity/
Amy Winehouse scene in the near future? God that would be hot.

lust4ts
10-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Celebrities with drug problems are all too common these days, people slate them but it's difficult to resist temptation when you have all the necessary means to constantly supply and support a habit without ever having to even leave the house to get whatever substance it is you require.

BXCanada
10-17-2007, 11:29 AM
i had no idea she was even an addict to anything, she always seemed to have everything under control. i wish her all the best for a spedy recovery and that she will ba back soon. :)

redtiger
10-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Anybody know which rehab place she's staying at? If there is one gal I would like to send a card to and give ragrds to it would be Vaniity. She is the gal who got me interested in TS in the first place.

I can remember the first time I saw a picture of Vaniity. I was perusing the newsgroups and came across a picture set of her in a red teddy. It was love at first sight!!!

So if anyone knows where we can send her mail or whatever.....!!!