PDA

View Full Version : My Story 9

alphanumeric
10-16-2007, 06:08 AM
Now I know to this point Things haven't sounded that great. The girls have used me, but in the long run nothing of any real importance was taken. Since my last encounter with Rose, I never even went looking for them anymore, but they would show up on my doorstep occasionally, usually when they were hungry or cold or broke. (which was quite often,) or as in Lana's case when she had to hide out from an irate mark occasionally. But I never let them stay at my place if I was not there.

But then near the middle of the winter season we had a very nasty cold front move in, and they started showing up on my doorstep more frequently. But I would still only let them stay while I was home. Then I got very sick at work from working outdoors in the cold all the time, and Because I have asthma I had gotten a very serious lung infection which pretty much made me little more than bedridden, I would barely have the strength to get up and get the very occasional glass of water, without feeling like I was going to pass out. I was in a very bad way, and probably should have gone to the hospital, except that I was to sick to drive and way to cheap to pay for the ambulance trip.

It was on the fourth day of being ill when Deanna showed up I buzzed her up and she took one look at me and got on the phone to a friend of hers who had a car and she had him come over and take me to the walk-in clinic. The doctor told me I was very close to having pneumonia and that I had to eat and get more fluids in me, or I would get much worse. Deanna's friend took me back to my place, and I weakly went up and had gotten into bed and slept a lot.

I have only small glimpses of that awful time. I remember someone getting food and water into me and helping me to and from the washroom. I've never been so sick and really should have gone to the hospital. Then one day I sort of came out of it. I weakly called out to anyone and in came Deanna, Lana and Rose. They told me how sick I had been and how close they had been to getting me to a hospital but I always fought them on it. (I REALLY hate hospitals) they all kept a close eye on me. Lana had made me my meals and Deanna and Rose had gone and gotten me some groceries as when I had started getting sick the cupboard was bare, I had meant to go grocery shopping that day, but hadn't felt well so I had gone home instead.

Well now there was a fine kettle of fish, I had basically turned my back on them all and they had gone and done all that for me anyway. I think it was at that moment that I had promised not to turn my back on them again. No matter how aggravating, and how much they would push me I would not turn my back on them again.

End Part 9