PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for places to stay in/around manhattan

mtbazz
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi All,

Im going to a weeks worth of concerts at the nokia theatre in manhattan. I live 90 min form NYC, and an hour from NJ transit, so really wont be able to drive back and forth. DOes anyone have any suggestions for a hotel either in manhattan, or outside of manhattan that is close to public transporation, and is fairly inexpensive and clean ?

hwbs
10-15-2007, 03:04 PM
hotels.com

its Manhattan...not alot of cheap lodging there...the further in advance u book , the better u will be off...park central is nice on 54th and 7th..they are nice and run weekly deals..close to times square

PatrickFromNYC
10-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I know some people who liked this place: http://www.gershwinhotel.com/english/site1.html

whatislove
10-15-2007, 04:47 PM
don't take the brown acid, heh.

justatransgirl
10-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Let's put this another way - what is the BEST place to stay in New York?

Centrally located, upscale but under $500 a night (is that possible) for a nice suite with a view and quiet. Maybe something facing Central Park?

Alternatively where is the best place to stay outside the city but with easy access?

Serious interest.

Thanks,
TS Jamie :-)

whatislove
10-17-2007, 03:02 AM
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/CentralPark/Default.htm

I think this was a "reasonable sounding" $300 last year, for a northfacing room (overlooking the park)

sucka4chix
10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Nothing cheap in the city, and the more "reasonable" the price,
the less desirable. I LOVE Embassy Suites, but it's lower Manhattan
and the proximity to ground zero may turn some off. Don't forget, if you bring a car you'll have to factor in the cost of parking. Secaucus NJ has an
Embassy Suites and several all suite motels that are about $100 to $150 a night with easy access to Secaucus junction, a clean safe train station.

StaggerLee
10-17-2007, 08:18 PM
The Milford Plaza is nice, not too expensive. I have stayed there twice in the last year, and both times were great. Not sure about the view, but the staff is terrific, and it's less than $300 a nite. It's easy to find from anywhere (six dollar cab ride to MSG), and is right in the middle of the theatre district, which is pretty cool.

slinky
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM
The rooms in the Paramount are small, but it's cool and you can crawl home from the Nokia.