PDA

View Full Version : ENG 242-linguistics of slang and dialect....

qeuqheeg222
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
post all y'all's favorite slang or dialect or butchery of the english language of late....

evilash
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
post all y'all's favorite slang or dialect or butchery of the english language of late....Yeahyah!!!! fo shizzle !!! Buttermilk biscuits!!! Zippayong!!!

Somedude21
10-10-2007, 08:59 AM
That's vs. thats vs. thats'.

*shudder*

qeuqheeg222
10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
in new orleans sometime the "o" or "oy" sound or phoneme is changed to an "er" sound thusly resulting in words like ersters instead of oysters,ferl and sperl instead of foil and spoil..my favorite is ernge and erl-orange and oil...and who cannot get annerted with holy erl when seeing yer priest?don't forget this classic sentence i once heard at a stop sign while an undercover cop passed three youth-"dog be doggin us,dog"...so yeah yah!!!!!

BeardedOne
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Juzzeech:

Juzzeech get enough to eat?

Annacanna:

I was late for work annacanna the traffic was heavy.

Jewanbubbtoeswidat:

When I ordered breakfast from "Ruin Sorbees" (Room Service) in Bankok, the girl asked if I wanted buttered toast with that (Jewanbubbtoeswidat?).

Werter:

C'mon in, the werter's fine.

Prizewinner, a note written on a piece of returned mail, instructing the posties that the addressee no longer lived at that address:

"Not no man me how"

Hanh? :shock:

qeuqheeg222
10-11-2007, 08:10 AM
jewanbubbstoeswidat????that might be a lagniappe with breakfast....in new orleans..