PDA

View Full Version : iraq war pics (graphic) what's it about again, oh yea..greed

Night Rider
10-10-2007, 01:54 AM
http://mindprod.com/politics/iraqwarpix.html

Any Bush fans change their stance???

Night Rider
10-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Bush's handywork....not for the faint hearted

qeuqheeg222
10-15-2007, 12:17 PM
rough stuff there but the truth...my dad went over to kuwait a while after the first gulf war and had brought some books back showing war atrocities from that conflict that were godawful...how can humans do this to one another.....

Night Rider
10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
i dont understand it either...some twisted people

Night Rider
10-24-2007, 06:01 PM
275 views......1 comment! I'm sensing a lot of Republicans LOL

blckhaze
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
sickening

tsafficianado
10-25-2007, 02:29 AM
what's the point of your posts?
did you think war was clinical? did you think that the tens of millions of people who have been killed in the hundreds of wars over the last several tens of thousands of years were all taken into sterile environements and injected with drugs that brought them to a swift and painful end?
people get killed in war and it's almost always nasty to look at. what does that have to do with bush? you disagree with the war, keen.

Night Rider
10-25-2007, 02:46 AM
what's the point of your posts?
did you think war was clinical? did you think that the tens of millions of people who have been killed in the hundreds of wars over the last several tens of thousands of years were all taken into sterile environements and injected with drugs that brought them to a swift and painful end?
people get killed in war and it's almost always nasty to look at. what does that have to do with bush? you disagree with the war, keen.

Are u serious...what has the war got to do with bush LOL!! That's like saying what does xmas have to do with Jesus

I'm not even going to waste my time responding in detail, because ur obviously bush in the head...

But yes i do disagree with the war, not at the beginning when they supposedly had a "ligitiment reason", but im not a fan of illegal wars. Bush is reponsible for thousands of UNECCESSARY deaths and he is an ignorant fool.

And he'll let thousand more of your troops get brutally murdered in an ILLEGAL WAR, before he would admit that it's about oil and revenge and pull out.......

The man disgusts me and he's an embarrassment to your country....

Gamble
10-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I was in the military for a while, and I spent time overseas. I have no political views. To me, being in the military was just a JOB. Just like working at McDonalds, Except the only thing I was concerned with was myself and my friends making it back to base and back home safely. I was well aware of what I signed up for.

11 Bravo - Infantry
18 Charlie - Special Forces Weapons Sergeant

El Nino
10-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Great post. Brutal yes, but gets the straight dope out to people who soak themselves in the whitewashed Mainstream media coverage. Good fucking god... the majority of the people of this country don't want this. Where's the democracy? Where's the outrage?

Night Rider
10-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Great post. Brutal yes, but gets the straight dope out to people who soak themselves in the whitewashed Mainstream media coverage. Good fucking god... the majority of the people of this country don't want this. Where's the democracy? Where's the outrage?

Exactly, that's why i started it! If i was American though, i'd probably be assassanated LOL

Night Rider
10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
http://users.fmg.uva.nl/rsetoe/history/war_pictures/13_iran_iraq_war.jpg

http://www.sumer.dk/Links/Related/Graves_Najaf.jpg

http://www.louisyagera.com/wp-content/files/war-iraq1.jpg

http://www.mazine.ws/files/humwee.jpg

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2007/08/23/g24end.jpeg

http://whitehouser.com/img/iraq/iraq_child.jpg

http://www.nppa.org/competitions/best_of_still_photojournalism/2004/winners/still/INS/HM3_2545_iraq_war_001.jpg

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/march2006/100306iraq.jpg

http://www.thomasalbert.com/politics/protest/bush_hitler.jpg

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/media/BushHitlerShitAsshole.jpg

casca82
11-13-2007, 02:16 AM
FUCK ALL YOU LEFTIST BASTARDS. :2cent

Somedude21
11-13-2007, 02:32 AM
I don't get what's the point of going out of the way to villanize someone like this. War is a horrible, horrible thing. And being that the technology that we use nowadays to kill our fellow human beings is much more advanced than 50-100 years ago, it's not so hard to understand why some of these pictures would be so graphic.

War happens. It's a sad, natural part of human nature. Along with that, there are going to be people killed, maimed or worse--both civilian and soldier. I guess what I'm trying to get at here is this: why else post these horrible photos unless it's to try and elicit an adverse reaction? I certainly don't want to see people suffering like that.

And in case anyone is thinking of it? Do not hate the troops. If you want to hate anyone, hate the politicians for starting this quagmire.

Night Rider
11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't get what's the point of going out of the way to villanize someone like this. War is a horrible, horrible thing. And being that the technology that we use nowadays to kill our fellow human beings is much more advanced than 50-100 years ago, it's not so hard to understand why some of these pictures would be so graphic.

War happens. It's a sad, natural part of human nature. Along with that, there are going to be people killed, maimed or worse--both civilian and soldier. I guess what I'm trying to get at here is this: why else post these horrible photos unless it's to try and elicit an adverse reaction? I certainly don't want to see people suffering like that.

And in case anyone is thinking of it? Do not hate the troops. If you want to hate anyone, hate the politicians for starting this quagmire.

Where did u hear me say i hate the troops??? How the fuck is war natural?? Shite just flowed out of ur mouth like a waterfall there, please tell me ur were pissed. I put these photos up because the American press leaves them out and show what they want. This is the reality of war and it should be made more public than what it is at the minute. You say u don't want to see people suffering like that when clearly u don't give a fuck as long as u don't see it. If u don't want to see them that much u'll not reply to this then, will u???

:roll:

Somedude21
11-14-2007, 12:32 AM

Where did u hear me say i hate the troops??? How the fuck is war natural?? Shite just flowed out of ur mouth like a waterfall there, please tell me ur were pissed. I put these photos up because the American press leaves them out and show what they want. This is the reality of war and it should be made more public than what it is at the minute. You say u don't want to see people suffering like that when clearly u don't give a fuck as long as u don't see it. If u don't want to see them that much u'll not reply to this then, will u???

Whoa, whoa. Don't put words in my mouth; I certainly didn't mean to do that to you. I didn't say that you were hating on the troops (unlike that site is doing), I was referring more to Bush. Sure, he deserves all the hate in the world for starting this war in Iraq in the first place, but posting up pictures like that and...bah. Nevermind. Forget that first point, then--consider it conceded. As to war being natural...all you have to do is look at human history. Human history is really just four things: war, art, architecture and law. War being the more affecting of those four factors. It's just natural that when humans can't compromise over something, they go to blows with one another. This is especially true over resources and more recently, spheres of influence.

As to the American press leaving those photos out, I think I can understand why they did. I mean, can you imagine the outrage that the...FCC (or whoever censors broadcasting in America, I forget the correct acronym) would have over, say, CNN showing those photos? MSNBC? Fox? Shit, I don't even think that Reuters and AP show those kinds of photos, and they're supposed to to be one of the most unbiased news sources in the world, are they not?

And yes, I was pissed at those photos, but for different reasons. I know that there's brutality going on in Iraq that I can't even begin to grasp. I've known people who've gone over there and only tell me morsels of tales about the place and that's enough to make me wish that I never have to step foot in Iraq for as long as I live (or at least until the chaos dies down). Please don't go thinking that I don't care about people. I DO give a fuck. I'm a very empathetic guy. The reason that I don't want to see those photos is I don't like to see human suffering if I don't have to. To see people blown to pieces, shot in the face, have their limbs blown off...yeah, I already know that shit is happening in Iraq and around the world. That doesn't mean that I need to see pictures of it.

Night Rider
11-14-2007, 01:03 AM

Whoa, whoa. Don't put words in my mouth; I certainly didn't mean to do that to you. I didn't say that you were hating on the troops (unlike that site is doing), I was referring more to Bush. Sure, he deserves all the hate in the world for starting this war in Iraq in the first place, but posting up pictures like that and...bah. Nevermind. Forget that first point, then--consider it conceded. As to war being natural...all you have to do is look at human history. Human history is really just four things: war, art, architecture and law. War being the more affecting of those four factors. It's just natural that when humans can't compromise over something, they go to blows with one another. This is especially true over resources and more recently, spheres of influence.

As to the American press leaving those photos out, I think I can understand why they did. I mean, can you imagine the outrage that the...FCC (or whoever censors broadcasting in America, I forget the correct acronym) would have over, say, CNN showing those photos? MSNBC? Fox? Shit, I don't even think that Reuters and AP show those kinds of photos, and they're supposed to to be one of the most unbiased news sources in the world, are they not?

And yes, I was pissed at those photos, but for different reasons. I know that there's brutality going on in Iraq that I can't even begin to grasp. I've known people who've gone over there and only tell me morsels of tales about the place and that's enough to make me wish that I never have to step foot in Iraq for as long as I live (or at least until the chaos dies down). Please don't go thinking that I don't care about people. I DO give a fuck. I'm a very empathetic guy. The reason that I don't want to see those photos is I don't like to see human suffering if I don't have to. To see people blown to pieces, shot in the face, have their limbs blown off...yeah, I already know that shit is happening in Iraq and around the world. That doesn't mean that I need to see pictures of it.

I uderstand what you're saying but I think people need to see images like this for the reason that most of them have a delusion that war isn't that bad. They just think people get killed but that's the consequences of war. Most have no idea of the brutality of the way soldiers are losing their limbs/lives. Maybe some people that were pro war before seeing these pics will change their views. I disagree with you that war is natural, it's just become acceptable over time.

Oli
11-14-2007, 06:02 AM
I uderstand what you're saying but I think people need to see images like this for the reason that most of them have a delusion that war isn't that bad. They just think people get killed but that's the consequences of war. Most have no idea of the brutality of the way soldiers are losing their limbs/lives. Maybe some people that were pro war before seeing these pics will change their views. I disagree with you that war is natural, it's just become acceptable over time.

Warfare is as natural as pissing. We've been doing it since we swung in the branches. Chimps and apes still do it. It is a product of orginized societies. When societies come into conflict, many things can happen:Retreat-both sides back away, Diplomacy-both sides sit down and talk until they find solutions to the conflict, Acquiescence-one side backs down, War-both sides believe they're in the right and are willing to fight .

I think war has become less acceptable recently. A few hundred years ago, the Israelis would have driven the Palestinians into the desert and slaughtered them, and no one would have blinked. Hell, the British Empire was built by small bands of heavily armed soldiers overwhelming indiginous peoples(i.e. India and South Africa).

The pictures on the site you posted are quite representative of the horrors of modern war. They are no more or less brutal than any of the last 100 years. It's good that people see them. It is unfortunate that you can not transmit the smell over the web. You can close your eyes to the sight, but the smells permeate everything.

Night Rider
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Good points but I still don't agree that war is natural. It can be avoided but the world is littered with ignorant fools. It's far from natural.

trish
11-14-2007, 09:50 PM
We only learned how to carry out war after we came down from the trees. But it doesn’t much matter whether war is natural or not; it’s obviously wrong, cruel, crazy and idiotic. Boneheads who lead us into violent conflicts that could’ve easily been avoided through diplomatic and economic pressures are just fucking immoral and irresponsible. Bush is willing to forfeit the lives of American soldiers, American civilians, Iraqi soldiers and citizens just to further his own political and personal goals. The stench of death settles ominously over his presidency. Yet he calls himself a “right to lifer”. Go figure.

Night Rider
11-15-2007, 02:05 AM
I agree Trish :)

Lets lighten the mood a bit...

http://fhg.areeyasworld.com/aw/fhg/001_Balcony_fejfh/001.jpg

http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/1_120.gif

(linking avatar pic below)

Rogers
11-16-2007, 03:48 AM
What Oli said:

Wired for war?
Killer chimps fuel debate on how war began
http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/050209_warfrm.htm

CHIMPANZEES AND ROMANS
WHY BOTH MAKE WAR
http://www.howardbloom.net/chimpanzees_and_romans.htm

The ABC's of Chimpanzee Behavior
http://www.lessonsforhope.org/abc/show_description.asp?abc_id=47

Apes of war... is it in our genes?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2004/01/07/ecfwar07.xml&sSheet=/connected/2

Night Rider
11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Interesting stuff Rogers, I've seen videos of chimp ambushes for terretorial reasons.

I think it's the way our minds are programmed that it seems acceptable to fight and kill for material things i.e money, oil, land. The world will probably be this way for many years. It should be up to the countries government to campaign against war and teach that it's wrong from an early age. But I'm not an idiot and I know that's not going to happen, at least in my lifetime.

Caleigh
11-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Are we possibly slowly breeding "the war gene" out
of the human species in fact? Since the people who
are willing to actually go to war tend to get killed
(though not necessarily before they procreate) will
their genes not get passed on and in time we will
become a more peaceful race?

I submit that if you look at mammal penises from
various species the human penis is one of the softest
gentlest looking tools around and that this was brought
about by females rejecting painful penises in favour
of more pleasurable ones.

Rogers
11-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Are we possibly slowly breeding "the war gene" out
of the human species in fact? Since the people who
are willing to actually go to war tend to get killed
(though not necessarily before they procreate) will
their genes not get passed on and in time we will
become a more peaceful race?
I very much doubt it. It's highly unlikely to be a sole gene, and as such it would take millions of years to get rid of all the genes involved. The capability for violence is inherent in even the most timid of us, and will most likely be there as long as the human race exists... unless we see some kind of Brave New World a la Aldous Huxley.

I submit that if you look at mammal penises from
various species the human penis is one of the softest
gentlest looking tools around and that this was brought
about by females rejecting painful penises in favour
of more pleasurable ones.
AFAIK most mammals have penis bones and humans have the biggest dicks of all primates. Have you ever heard the term, "hung like a gorilla". Contrary to popular belief, it's not a compliment.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-08-26-walrus-fossil_N.htm