PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I start LHR tomm! Does it hurt?

Devon
10-09-2007, 01:58 AM
I am so excited, I just booked my first laser hair removal appt for my face at Ideal Image. I am tottally happy about it but a little nervous about the pain. Anyone have any words of wisdom or advice about laser on the face? Thanks!

MrsKellyPierce
10-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Congrats and the best way to describe it. Is a rubberband snapping your face over and over again.

MrsKellyPierce
10-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Congrats and the best way to describe it. Is a rubberband snapping your face over and over again.Forgot the advice lol you can get an antiseptic or take a painkiller. They usually sell the antiseptic at the place they do the laser you put it on an hour before you go and it numbs your face.

Devon
10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Ya they prescribed the cream for me..told me to put it on an hour before and cover it with saran wrap...im sure that is going to look pretty cool on my way there..lol Does that cream work very well?

MrsKellyPierce
10-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Ya they prescribed the cream for me..told me to put it on an hour before and cover it with saran wrap...im sure that is going to look pretty cool on my way there..lol Does that cream work very well? lol some say it does others don't! But my advice is to grin and bare it and make your way up to the 20's so it goes faster and gets rid of it.

Devon
10-09-2007, 02:13 AM
sorry if i sound dumb, but what do you mean make my way up to the 20's? is that a setting that works best or something? i know, im clueless about this stuff lol

wombat33
10-09-2007, 02:16 AM
I am so excited, I just booked my first laser hair removal appt for my face at Ideal Image. I am tottally happy about it but a little nervous about the pain. Anyone have any words of wisdom or advice about laser on the face? Thanks!

A polite word of advice. Don't tell people where you are going to be publicly beecause there are too many loonies out there. Just concerned is all. Good luck and hope it doesn't hurt!

MrsKellyPierce
10-09-2007, 06:08 AM
sorry if i sound dumb, but what do you mean make my way up to the 20's? is that a setting that works best or something? i know, im clueless about this stuff lol Yes Ma'am there are different settings.

melissacarter
10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Laser is relatively painless, in comparison to electrolysis. I've had six laser treatments so far and not used a numbing agent yet. If you really need numbing, EMLA cream is easily prescribed and available but there is a benzocaine ointment that is far better. Its sold from a Rx firm in Florida. Any knowledgable pastic surgeon can prescribe it. Its about $40 a tube and lasts months.

You might want to look into IPL treatments. I find them to be more effective than laser and about the same price.

resdog
10-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Devon - you are one hot babe...good luck with your treatments!!!

CORVETTEDUDE
10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Devon...Like Wombat said, don't disseminate information that could allow some nut case to find you. You are communicating on the "World-Wide Web", and never know who may be lurking!

marissaazts
10-09-2007, 05:32 PM
my laser hurt like a motherfucker
but it works really well on me but then im lightskinned and dark hair

i only had to electro a few hairs on my face that were grey/clear

i guess its because i had so few to do via electro it wasnt painfull at all for me compaired to laser

its weird on the laser as much as it hurt on my face it actually feels good when she did my back and it wasnt bad on underarms, chest stung, bikini area not to bad

legs are my last area to do just waiting till winter to loose some tan

Devon
10-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, so I had that first appt earlier in the week...DAAMN That shit hurt on certain spots on my face. I didn't use nearly enough of the cream on my chin and upper lip. Hurt, but not unbearable for sure.