PDA

View Full Version : Miriam not doing any promo for her show

caliente
10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10042007/gossip/pagesix/miriam_ducks_miriam_bow.htm

October 4, 2007 -- THE gorgeous star of "There's Something About Miriam" won't be doing any promotion for the dating show, premiering on Fox Reality channel on Halloween. The show, which first aired in Britain in 2004, featured six men competing for the 21-year-old Mexican stunner. They were filmed in Ibiza, Spain, kissing and seducing Miriam for weeks before she revealed she was a pre-op transsexual - a she-male. One contestant punched out a producer and they all sued, claiming they'd been tricked and were devastated. The men settled for an undisclosed amount. Miriam lives in New York, but won't help promote the series. Sources say she was seriously injured last spring when she was thrown out of a third-story window at her home. "She's not doing any press. She's living a very private life now," a Fox Reality spokeswoman told Page Six. And Miriam still has her male equipment. As Brian Lowry noted in Variety, "The show's use of Miriam's approximates the shark's role in 'Jaws' - Just knowing it's lurking down there helps maintain a certain level of suspense."

slinky
10-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Miriam lives in New York,

Oh, Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyy....... AlllllllllllllllAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnnnnnnnnaaaaaahhhhh hhhhh............

fetch (please?).

BrendaQG
10-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Of all the things that have happened in that woman's recent history this is probably the least consequential and yet...it get a swift decisive response.

[url=http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-5658.html]Murdoch tabloid in trouble again over LGBT slurs.[url]

5th October 2007 12:55
PinkNews.co.uk writer

American tabloid newspaper the New York Post has been condemned by gay activists for using the term "she-male" to refer to a trans person.

The Rupert Murdoch-owned title has long been hostile to the sensibilites of the LGBT community.

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) today condemned parent company News Corporation for latest in the paper's "series of dehumanising insults directed at the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community."

The Post's edition yesterday contained a Page Six item about an upcoming dating show on Fox Reality Channel (also owned by News Corporation) called There's Something About Miriam.

The item referred to Miriam, a transgender woman from Mexico, using the slur "she-male."

The programme was condemned in the UK when it was revealed that none of the six male contestants knew that Miriam is trans.

The Post has been heavily criticised for using the term "toe tapper" (a reference to the alleged bathroom activities of Senator Larry Craig) as a demeaning way to describe gay men.

GLAAD contacted Page Six editor Richard Johnson this morning to discuss the description of Miriam. His e-mailed response read, "You're kidding me, aren't you? I would have used 'chick with a dick'but we're as [sic] family newspaper."

The tabloid paper has made a point of inflaming gay opinion, publishing cartoons showing gay men getting married to sheep.

"'She-male' is a dehumanising slur, and its use by the New York Post – not to mention the even more vulgar slur that one of its editors claims he would have used – is only the latest confirmation of the tabloid's disreputable practices," said GLAAD senior director of media programmes Rashad Robinson.

"News Corporation's tacit endorsement of the Post's defamatory content stands in stark contrast to, and should raise concerns about, what readers should expect to see in the company's legitimate news outlets, such as The Wall Street Journal."

Just today. The Post apologised.

To GLADD I say Bravo/Brava and job well done. For getting a major media outlet to apologize for that act.

However there is just one little thing wrong with this picture.

Why is it that her being thrown out of a window was not important enough to get their attention?

Oh and another thing. To anyone on the net who though those who reacted like I did to that incident were being fooled, or some other sinister /derrogatory thing. -_-*,,|,

The question that is raised now is how to react when the activist make their real play. To stop the tv show from going to air here. For if one reads GLADD's press release they say "it perpetuates the myth that transgender people seek to "fool" or "deceive" others." Which to me sounds much like the old chestnut so many of us have heard. That passing and not telling people what's up all the time is deceitful, even if it is just a casual non sexual encounter with a stranger. Let's face it any transsexual who has ever sought to "pass" is as guilty of that as Miriam is.

That is all I have to say about this fubar for now.

templek
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Well I got a clip of Miriam known as Victoria. She looks great, but I wished I didnt hear about what happened to her or see the hospital pics on this website. I felt a bit sick and guilty watching it. dunno whether to put the details on here

slinky
10-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Hospital pics?

tsntx
10-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Hospital pics?

yeah the ones that her "friend" nikki posted in hopes of getting guys to send cash... her legs were hairy, and her head had been shaved... a lot of guys ignored the fact she had been thrown or jumped from a 4th story window and was in a hospital and focussed on her "hairy legs" .... like she had time to worry about shaving them when they were prob both broken :roll:

mbf
10-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Hospital pics?

yeah the ones that her "friend" nikki posted in hopes of getting guys to send cash... her legs were hairy, and her head had been shaved... a lot of guys ignored the fact she had been thrown or jumped from a 4th story window and was in a hospital and focussed on her "hairy legs" .... like she had time to worry about shaving them when they were prob both broken :roll:

assholes.... :roll:

BeardedOne
10-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Hospital pics?

As I recall, Nikki posted the pics for a couple of reasons, first to show that Miriam had survived and was recovering and second that the incident wasn't some sort of scam (Many guys didn't, and probably still don't, believe that this event occurred - Most likely the same guys that deny The Holocaust, etc.). Nikki later removed the pics at Miriam's request.

I don't blame her for laying low and not wanting to promote the show. There is still speculation that one or more of the guys from the show roughed her up just on 'principle'.

Harrys Boy
10-07-2007, 12:07 AM
I've seen that show and I doubt any of the guys in it were involved in Miriam's attack, they just didn't seem the type and I think they only said they were bothered by it to receive the compensation..

BrendaQG
10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I've seen that show and I doubt any of the guys in it were involved in Miriam's attack, they just didn't seem the type and I think they only said they were bothered by it to receive the compensation..

There are so many people in the world who hate transsexuals on "principle". It could have been anyone at all.

What really pissed me off more than anything was old mother fuckers who thought that she "got what she deserved". I'm talking people who the only "wrong" she had did was, in their words, that transsexuals are out to seduce men. Even without the attack I wouldn't blame her for not wanting to touch this. The jerks who control "the community" would verbally, and publically attack her so much. I am just a little pissed off right now.

Ryan
11-14-2007, 05:31 AM
I love transsexuals, even tho I'm straight.

I think Miriam is better now. She has a show out on Fox Reality, same title: There's Something About Miriam.

whatislove
11-14-2007, 05:53 AM
I love transsexuals, even tho I'm straight.

I think Miriam is better now. She has a show out on Fox Reality, same title: There's Something About Miriam.

There's this thing about tee vee, often times it's like a magical window into the past.

bob69
11-15-2007, 11:09 AM
I actually watched a couple of episodes of the show... all I can say is that in my humble opinion the guys knew something was up from the start. They even discussed their suspicions in one episode. Was the entire thing a really badly thought of publicity gimmick?
Glad to hear that she is doing better now. She seemed rather sad on the show.. but at least she got her 15 min of fame.

Willie Escalade
11-30-2007, 10:29 PM
She sure looked happy last night. She was out at a club last night here in LA...looking better than ever. Gorgeous gal; pictures do her no justice.

idigtoo
12-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Did Miriam pull?

BeardedOne
12-02-2007, 12:13 AM
She sure looked happy last night. She was out at a club last night here in LA...looking better than ever. Gorgeous gal; pictures do her no justice.

It is good to hear that she is doing well, all the scams aside (The "reality show", her Eros ad, etc.). She's been through a lot of shit and needs to move on to a better life.