PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about webcam experiences.

tsmandy
10-04-2007, 03:19 AM
A question for the other girls who know how to make a buck. What's the money like with webcamming?

Is it a total pain in the ass, or is it worth it?

fitz207
10-04-2007, 03:31 AM
From a former member POV These webcam sites are way over priced....and some of the girls are GG pretending to be TS.

But you are a real TS so it's alright.

justatransgirl
10-04-2007, 05:14 AM
Wicked Mira does web cams, maybe she can help. She told me once who she cams for, but I forgot.

Mira where are you dear?

We haven't done them but keep wanting to.

I tried setting up a cam awhile back but it was a mess configuring things to stream the video and we never got it finished.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

slinky
10-04-2007, 09:58 AM
We have a cam portal. What fitz207 says is true that a lot of alleged TS on cam sites are GG's with prostheses. One reason is the same as it's tough for (gay) males to do cams: everyone wants to see a money shot even if they have a 10 minute show. How many of those can you do a day?

If you decide to do cams, one of the most important things to do is stay on a regular schedule.

tsmandy
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I appreciate the responses guys, but I'm not really interested in the viewer experience, so much as other tgirls experiences around this. So please, if there are any girls who have some experience with webcamming, I would love to hear them.

xoxo
Mandy

slinky
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Sorry, silly me, I thought perhaps my experience as the owner of a webcam site seeing the experiences of hundreds of girls might have been helpful to you. My apologies.

tsmandy
10-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry, silly me, I thought perhaps my experience as the owner of a webcam site seeing the experiences of hundreds of girls might have been helpful to you. My apologies.

No apologies necessary, I don't know anything about you or your financial operations, other than the photo of the big breasted woman you use as your avatar.

Tika
02-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I used to work for FemmCams and it wasn't all that great. The income was more supplemental than primary, if you know what I mean.

Their rates used to be $1 a minute to the customer with the performer getting 40% of that. It's now at $1.50 a minute and 50% to the performer, which is about double - more reasonable, but still not a living wage.

Most of the time I just sat in my chair and read, listened to music or surfed websites. Most of the guys were pretty down to earth. A few just act like pigs. "Show ass. Show tits. Show cock." then they leave after like a minute. There was a lot of dead time during a session, but it's a fairly small site.

Anyways, if you have spare time during a day, it's not a bad way to pass the time. Don't depend on it for steady income though.