PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Watch COPS 20th Anniversary Special Last Night???

Dino Velvet
10-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Last night COPS had a 20th Anniversary Special. It was awesome and so funny.

In one scene, a cop confronted this little cracked-out Puerto Rican. The Puerto Rican kid was scared shitless and kept calling the cop "Papi." This made the cop even more angry and he kept yelling "Quit calling me Papi!" and "If you call me Papi one more time..." The kid got more frightened but couldn't stop calling him "Papi."

Another good one was a cop stopping what ended up being a transvestite. The TV kept denying that he had any drugs. All of the sudden the cop said, "Open your mouth!" He then grabbed the TV by the throat and the drugs fell to the ground. The TV's wig fell off and he started crying like a baby.

COPS is always good but this was the best shit ever. I'm glad I have it saved on my TiVo because I'll definitely watch it again.

werwt22
10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
LMAO funny story. About 3-4 years ago I had some roommates that used to deal drugs. When the cops finally caught up with them they came in our house and found 1.5 pounds in the middle of the floor. As soon as they put him in cuffs on the wall Cops came on and the Bad Boys music started playing. We all busted out laughing nicluding the cops. True story.

south ov da border
10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
COPS the true American reality tv show...

Dino Velvet
10-02-2007, 09:58 PM
As soon as they put him in cuffs on the wall Cops came on and the Bad Boys music started playing. We all busted out laughing nicluding the cops. True story.

You mean the cops brought their own theme music with them while busting someone? That's awesome!

I have a question about the show and certain legalities. I know laws differ from state to state. On one episode of COPS, there was a guy in Tennessee that got popped for soliciting a female prostitute. His face was blurred out while he was speaking to the police. Same episode, in Las Vegas, another guy gets busted for soliciting a prostitute that ended up being a transvestite. Not only was his face vividly shown while he was explaining himself but he was wearing his work uniform so the locals could probably tell where he worked. Both incidents where on city property. Does anyone know how the law works in regards to when you can show someone's face on TV and when you can't? It's not like someone who is on meth beating his wife is going to sign some "Taxi Cab Confidential" form.

Nuthin' more fun than drinkin' beer while watching COPS. I get so into it that I yell shit at the TV like, "He's lying! Check his front change pocket. I know he's got crack in there!"

Trogdor
10-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this show is nothing but white trash junk?

south ov da border
10-02-2007, 11:51 PM
I think it's funny how they step by step explain how the person broke the law.

"He's a classic shoplifter, here's his bag. Standard operation, it's lined with aluminum foil..."

aren't they not supposed show people the how to's???

Devon
10-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Yeah I caught that show..i thought some of the old school videos were a trip. It was pretty funny all in all

Chuck
10-03-2007, 03:31 AM
My favorite episode was from about 14 years ago when they were filming in Kansas City, Kansas. The cops went to this man's house to arrest him and out of nowhere members of his family started coming out of damn near every house in the neghborhood. They started wailin on those two cops. Next thing backup is coming from everywhere. You would swear all those extra cops came off their break at the doughnut shop, sucking wind with their fat selves. Of course the cops made the arrest but you know the part where they were getting their ass wooped got edited.

Chuck
10-03-2007, 03:34 AM
John Walsh has made a mint off that show and America's Most Wanted. I wonder if he would really trade all the money he made if he could have his son back. I bet he thinks "fukkit, I have other kids now."

Dino Velvet
10-03-2007, 05:35 AM
John Walsh has made a mint off that show and America's Most Wanted. I wonder if he would really trade all the money he made if he could have his son back. I bet he thinks "fukkit, I have other kids now."

Seriously, that's a pretty scummy thing to say. The poor kid had his head cut off.

John Walsh and AMW have done a lot of good for this country keeping the heat on fugitives.

partlycloudy
10-04-2007, 07:00 AM
http://www.spikedhumor.com/player/FullScreen.aspx?file=http://www.spikedhumor.com/videocodes/127875/data.xml&item=2&timestamp=518&id=127875

justatransgirl
10-04-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm so glad you kids enjoy Cops - the show that uses prostitution busts to increase ratings - because sex sells - and what sells sex better than a little bdsm footage of a humiliated woman in handcuffs. - unless it's a TS prostitute or TV driving drunk that they can demean on national TV.

I'll bet they've made more off Cops shows with prostitution busts that every prostitute in this country combined.

It's the same old story - powerful government and businesses taking advantage of the poor and downtrodden.

These shows are NOT journalism. They are NOT reality - reality is being handcuffed and forced to sit in a bathtub for three hours while some dick of a cop threatens to shoot you with a taser if you ask to use the toilet. That shit doesn't make it onto TV.

Reality is a t-girl in Vegas who had a can of mace shot into her mouth when she told the cops their bust was BS.

You will think it's great entertainment until it happens to you.

Sigh,
TS Jamie :-)

Trogdor
10-04-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm so glad you kids enjoy Cops - the show that uses prostitution busts to increase ratings - because sex sells - and what sells sex better than a little bdsm footage of a humiliated woman in handcuffs. - unless it's a TS prostitute or TV driving drunk that they can demean on national TV.

I'll bet they've made more off Cops shows with prostitution busts that every prostitute in this country combined.

It's the same old story - powerful government and businesses taking advantage of the poor and downtrodden.

These shows are NOT journalism. They are NOT reality - reality is being handcuffed and forced to sit in a bathtub for three hours while some dick of a cop threatens to shoot you with a taser if you ask to use the toilet. That shit doesn't make it onto TV.

Reality is a t-girl in Vegas who had a can of mace shot into her mouth when she told the cops their bust was BS.

You will think it's great entertainment until it happens to you.

Sigh,

Quoted for the truth.

Smeg....when will we see these guys go after REAL criminals......like the killers and rapists? Sorry, but prostitutes and pot heads are not what I call real threats. :P

Dino Velvet
10-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Geez... Now I know how they feel in North Korea.

I've had a few moments of my life when I could have been on COPS but now that I've gotten older I don't break the law as much as I used to. I have no problem with people smoking marijuana or selling their bodies but we all know it's illegal and there might be consequences.

Dino Velvet
10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
http://www.spikedhumor.com/player/FullScreen.aspx?file=http://www.spikedhumor.com/videocodes/127875/data.xml&item=2&timestamp=518&id=127875

BTW, thanks for putting this up. It has the two parts in it that I mentioned from my opening post. Check this out for a good laugh.

justatransgirl
10-04-2007, 10:26 AM

I've had a few moments of my life when I could have been on COPS but now that I've gotten older I don't break the law as much as I used to. I have no problem with people smoking marijuana or selling their bodies but we all know it's illegal and there might be consequences.

No honey - in North Korea you aren't allowed to have discourse or a dissenting opinion.

And please don't take this as criticism, just as a differing opinion - but the only reason selling sex is illegal is because sometime after WWII the puritans degreed it so.

Prior to that there either weren't any laws in place - or it was tolerated in certain sections of town - such as it is in many if not most other countries.

Sigh,

PS - I don't "sell" my body - I rent it... :-)

Dino Velvet
10-04-2007, 10:45 AM

No honey - in North Korea you aren't allowed to have discourse or a dissenting opinion.

And please don't take this as criticism, just as a differing opinion - but the only reason selling sex is illegal is because sometime after WWII the puritans degreed it so.

Prior to that there either weren't any laws in place - or it was tolerated in certain sections of town - such as it is in many if not most other countries.

Sigh,

PS - I don't "sell" my body - I rent it... :-)

I agree that you should be able to rent out your body and I should be able to be a tenant in it if I choose to but the last time I checked it was against the law and we would both go to jail. That's just the way it is whether we like it or not. If it were up to me, prostitution, gambling, and certain recreational drugs would be legal. This would bring added tax revenue for present and future wars, less crowded prisons, domestic infrastructure repair from acts of God and overall wear, pay what we owe to the China people, and most importantly, have me swimming in hookers and booze for life. :wink:

Chuck
10-10-2007, 05:32 AM

Seriously, that's a pretty scummy thing to say. The poor kid had his head cut off.

John Walsh and AMW have done a lot of good for this country keeping the heat on fugitives.

Get real! Statistically speaking the show does nothing to deter crime or capture criminals. If anything it gets the actors portraying the fugitives arrested.

Dino Velvet
10-10-2007, 06:32 AM

Get real! Statistically speaking the show does nothing to deter crime or capture criminals. If anything it gets the actors portraying the fugitives arrested.

LOL! I think some of the actors in the dramatizations have been arrested. But, I do believe getting information out there is helpful in boxing in and apprehending fugitives. It's hard to be on the run if people know who you are, where you are, what you look like, and what you've done. If you have statistics from a reliable source to contradict what I said, I would be open to seeing them.