PDA

View Full Version : Do you take things (arguments) online personal?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Like what the title says..Do you take things said and or written online personal?

Where do you draw the line on an online argument/s?

Also, if you're "friends" with the girls (or guys) who's having a heated argument with someone online..do you chime in and give your friend support or just bite your tongue and not say anything? What if you've read about it a few days after the fact..would you still bother to post your two cents?

When is it time to move on and just ignore the person you had a spat with?

Where do you stand when two friends online are jumping at eachother's throat?

Just wondered how people generally feel about these things?

:?

~Kisses.

HTG

Once
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
its just the internet. it makes people bigger and stronger. No for me. I just like to fuck.

Ecstatic
09-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Rarely, only when the situation is rather extreme. A good argument (that is, logical and reasoned) is actually a joy in itself, but there's little room in my life for heated, emotional arguments.

TJT
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I thought the purpose of internet BB's was for starting inane arguments then standing back and watching it devolve? At least that's what I use them for.

Take this internet stuff personally? God no. It's just electrons flowing down wires.

TheOne1
09-30-2007, 07:03 PM
i'd have to say no...

but you sure did make up for the questions and polls that were missin' since sylvesters been gone :D

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-30-2007, 07:03 PM
i'd have to say no...

but you sure did make up for the questions and polls that were missin' since sylvesters been gone :D

LOL..dont start..:lol:

But anyways, You know it's hard to be caught between fighting friends. Then you get called two faced and whatnot (if you dont take a side). When all there is to it is a fight between the two. And in as much as you think the guy was wrong for saying things i.e. name calling..the girl is also guilty of the same. After awhile, after a few months people should just move on no?

I mean I have had spats with people online. To me, it's enough to just ignore them and not like them. But to harbor ill feelings and go on and on about it like a broken record and let that consume me is just a total waste of my time.

~Kisses.

HTG

CORVETTEDUDE
09-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Depends, educated morons piss me off.

mbf
09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Like what the title says..Do you take things said and or written online personal?

no. - note: the ollowing statements regard my interaction on this site.

Where do you draw the line on an online argument/s?

If someone tries to insult me, I *might* retort. most likely I dont give a dying rats stinkin ass

Also, if you're "friends" with the girls (or guys) who's having a heated argument with someone online..do you chime in and give your friend support or just bite your tongue and not say anything? What if you've read about it a few days after the fact..would you still bother to post your two cents?

I do care for several members. So, if someone I have high regards for is beeing (unjustifiably) attacked, I will step in the arena. and I have.

one of the most memorable moments for me on this board was, when a girl actually defended me - THANX THC!!!!! youre gorgeous!!!!! - it may sound foolish, but I was flabbergasted !!!!

When is it time to move on and just ignore the person you had a spat with?

pretty much immediately.

Where do you stand when two friends online are jumping at eachother's throat?

right next to the spot, with a flashing cam, to see all the action. afterwards, I might wash away the blood and the guts. after all, the contesters are my friends.....

Just wondered how people generally feel about these things?

:?

~Kisses.

HTG

caution: i will now show a "sensitive" side :lol: yes, you say to yourself, its only online, the web, no one cares. but, occasionally, some online conversatons, especially some gone wrong, will bother me. I think thats true with more than one member on here or with online-interaction on the whole.

since you *can* get jealous in such situations as well!!! (I know, that sounds crazy, but I got that awful feeling at times... not so much anymotre tho....)

Bobzz
09-30-2007, 10:38 PM
:D

crayons
09-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't, but I think almost 80% of this forum does. Anytime anyone says "you guys are gay" every guy becomes a diva. How gay.

elo
09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Do you take things said and or written online personal?

If someone shows me that he dislikes me i would take note of it.
If someone would swear at me i wouldn´t react in the same way.

Regarding the friends questions:Depends on the situation.

BrendaQG
09-30-2007, 11:07 PM
In general I don't take bad feelings online to the real world. I have had heated arguements with people online, then met the same people IRL . Even if what we talk about is the same as it is online. I guess my in person demeanor and body language and joke cracking and acting a fool relaxes the other person.

I know that most of the time you only get one aspect of a persons personality online. So I don't judge them solely on that.

Legend
09-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't but you have guys here who are such babies and whiners they let the typed words hurt thier feelings,therefore making countless threads and other ways trying to somehow fix their battered ego.Some people just take this stuff way too personal.

cockcraver
09-30-2007, 11:11 PM
with the amount of opinions going about there's always gonna be arguments..but u shouldnt take them personally (unless it gets really out of hand)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-30-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't but you have guys here who are such babies and whiners they let the typed words hurt thier feelings,therefore making countless threads and other ways trying to somehow fix their battered ego.Some people just take this stuff way too personal.

I hear you legend. It's quite understandable IF they were 20 something you know? LOL But late 30ish and up hmm.."no comment"! LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

Jericho
09-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Where do you stand when two friends online are jumping at each other's throat?

It's like in real life, init, ya keep yer snout out.
If you pick a side you just know it's going to come back and bite you in the arse.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Where do you stand when two friends online are jumping at each other's throat?

It's like in real life, init, ya keep yer snout out.
If you pick a side you just know it's going to come back and bite you in the arse.

Yep. LOL And I shall..keep my snout out. :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG