PDA

View Full Version : Offensive to some? Intended to be?

sucka4chix
09-29-2007, 08:19 PM
The following picture ad/billboard has been deemed offensive by some
and a simple artistic interpretation not meant to be antagonistic by others.
It is meant to be an adaptation of Da Vinci's Last Supper. Hmmm. What say you?

hondarobot
09-29-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would find that offensive, although it's obviously intended to be provocative. I don't imagine Jesus would have had a problem with the leather/fetish/gay crowd, why would he?

We'll never know. He never wrote anything down.

Falrune
09-29-2007, 09:29 PM
What say you?

Not offensive. Kind of clever, IMHO. Nonetheless, we must issue a fatwa against the artist who designed this billboard :D

Kirsty Scott TG
09-29-2007, 09:39 PM
There is always someone who likes to make a meal of things .........

Kirsty
xxx xxx

Willie Escalade
09-30-2007, 12:29 AM
No objections here! If its point was to draw attention, it worked.

Solitary Brother
09-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I have been to this event and it is wild and crazy.
It use to be VERY UNDERGROUND as it is a GAY LEATHERFEST!
Keep that fact in mind.
This event has been going on FOREVER.
It is the premier event of its kind in the country.
In the past 7 or 8 years more and more straight people have been showing up to gawk.
Lots of women go to this now and lots of people have next to nothing on.
It has become a HUGE event in San Francisco as they have to close parts of Market Street in downtown San Francisco.

Ecstatic
09-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Nonetheless, we must issue a fatwa against the artist who designed this billboard :D
LOL! Well said.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-30-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm catholic yet I look at the pic posted and think of it as "medieval times". Last supper was the inspiration for the picture composition yet I see it like the reinasance festival with bdsm people sitting on a long table. To me, as long as I dont see any "halo's" then it should be fine! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

BeardedOne
09-30-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm catholic yet I look at the pic posted and think of it as "medieval times". Last supper was the inspiration for the picture composition yet I see it like the reinasance festival with bdsm people sitting on a long table. To me, as long as I dont see any "halo's" then it should be fine! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Needn't worry. I've been to the Castro. No halos on those dudes. :lol:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Lmao :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

alpha2117
09-30-2007, 01:55 AM
It's well done but lets face it I would guess that it is designed to provoke media attention and annoy arch conservative religous types.

sucka4chix
09-30-2007, 04:26 AM
It's well done but lets face it I would guess that it is designed to provoke media attention and annoy arch conservative religous types.
I can honestly say when I heard about it on talk radio, I was offended, and I thought it was a tasteless ploy to piss off and mock conservatives ( I don't consider myself a conservative or liberal, but I am a believer). I thought it was absurd to hear some gay dude who wrote for a gay paper say he didn't think it was meant to antagonize anyone. But, sorta like Hara, I don't really see the Last Supper in that picture even though I'm supposed to. I was expecting something much more blasphemous.

hondarobot
09-30-2007, 04:38 AM
Offended by what? The idea of a bs/dm Jesus having his last supper (let's just go there). That could have been the case. Who cares?

I think the message is not to judge others, don't ya think?

odelay24
09-30-2007, 07:04 AM
It's supposed to be provocative. It helped drum up publicity.

But seriously, even if it's going to give you more publicity, why make people angry like that?

mbf
09-30-2007, 07:35 AM
I honestly cant see why this should be offensive.

ever been to european churches? there hang paintings all over the place depicting tortured and slaughtered people with spears in their side, and these are beeing shown to 6 year old children.

funnily enough I have never ever heard anybody complaining about that. ....

meghanchavalier
09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Looks like a picture from my last dinner party lol

Trogdor
09-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I outta find that picture I got of Decepticons in a last supper picture....with Megatron as christ. :lol: