PDA

View Full Version : Candis Canye Makes History Tonight on ABC - Dirty Sexy Money

Shining Star
09-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Tonight on ABC a new show premieres called "Dirty, Sexy Money" starring my favourite unk, Peter Krause (from Six Feet Under), but more of interest to the group, Candis Cayne will also star in the show as the transexual girlfriend of Billy Baldwin.

Am so excited and happy for Candis, who I have known for years and glad to see she is finally hitting the big time.

Dirty, Sexy Money comes on at 10PM (EST) on ABC.

SS

Ecstatic
09-27-2007, 05:37 AM
I just watched the show (I'll always watch Donald Sutherland) and when I saw Candis Cayne's name in the opening credits, I thought, naw, couldn't be. But then she came on in a brilliant scene with William Baldwin (the US Senator who's married and having an affair with a transsexual named Carmelita), and sure enough, it was her. She'll be reprising her role all season, and she was in the preview for next week.

She has appeared in Wigstock: The Movie, To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar and Stonewall, but this is a big break for her, and also a significant step forward in that a major tv show is finally casting a transwoman in the role of a transwoman, offsetting a complaint often raised about Transamerica, Ugly Betty and other high profile roles where a woman has been cast as a transwoman.

AllanahStarrNYC
09-27-2007, 05:46 AM
Kudos to Candis-

I saw her at the Marc Bauer show during fashion week and she told me she was had a part in this show.

She looked fab- only thing was I hated that deep voice they make her talk in. She has a very nice voice naturally. But I assume the character calls for a deep voice.

She is very talented so this is well deserved!

Realgirls4me
09-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Post a pic of her ... I can't place a name with the face at this moment.

Ecstatic
09-27-2007, 05:53 AM
I noticed that too, Allanah. I think it fits the character. Though the character is stereotyped, I'm hoping they give the role room to develop and break out of simple stereotype. She did look fabulous, though!

Shining Star
09-27-2007, 06:19 AM
I noticed that too, Allanah. I think it fits the character. Though the character is stereotyped, I'm hoping they give the role room to develop and break out of simple stereotype. She did look fabulous, though!How many times can you say "Trannie Hooker" while sitting in the back of a limo? *LOL*

Normally have the hugest crush on Mr. Krause, but his role seems so much the same as that in Six Feet Under. Especially the voice overs and so forth.

Back to Candis:

Am so happy for my girl! Even back when she was part of the Girlina partnership, it was obvious that Candis was more than just another "drag queen" peforming at gay events. For all those saying and moaning about lack of advantages for TS women, well this shows what hard work and perserverance can do.

Anyone who has met Candis knows her voice is nothing like that, but like when there was a trannie on "Girlfriends" guess those in charge deem in necessary to deepen the actor's voice to point out no matter how passable the actor is, she is still a trans.

Hope they give Candis the same gorgeous outfits as the GGs. She has a wonderful figure, especially those great legs! Wonder how Billy Baldwin felt about being casted opposite a real trans instead of the usual actress playing a transgender.

Really hope like Rupaul, this opens doors for Candis to do more televison and film. At least now she is SAG, which brings great benefits.

Shining Star
09-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Pictures of Candis

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/4534/CandisCayn_Wargo_8065133_400.jpg&imgrefurl=http://akas.imdb.com/rg/photos-name/summary//gallery/granitz/4534/Events/4534/CandisCayn_Wargo_8065133_400.jpg.html%3Fpath%3Dpga llery%26path_key%3DCayne,%2520Candis&start=3&h=400&w=268&sz=45&tbnid=FmyiTjr6-Y10VM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=83&hl=en&um=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCandis%2BCayne%26gbv%3D1%26svnum%3D10 %26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX

ARMANIXXX
09-27-2007, 06:31 AM
You know what I think is funny....

Date of Birth
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Both Wikipedia and IMDB don't know her DOB.

heh......the more things change I guess.

Bigguy
09-27-2007, 06:33 AM
I watched it, seems like a pretty good show. Candis looked great. I wondered if she had to speak that low or did they alter her voice? She definately doesn't sound like that. I hope in upcoming episodes she will have longer parts and more lines. She was only on for about a minute in this one.

Real, She used to perform at Allanah's parties. I got a bunch of pics here (http://www.transsexualparties.com/grid.cgi?id=130001).

tsluva
09-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Shame on me , i had never heard the name of Candis Cayne
before watching Access Hollywood and their announcement
of Candis on ABC's Dirty Sex and Money debut.
Naturally i've set my DVR to continuously record it.
If ABC's Dirty show hits it big in the ratings, and Candis is
one of the reasons why its doing well, this could open
opportunity doors for other potential, upcoming transgender celebrities
as well as open up better understand and compassion
for the transgender community.

Realgirls4me
09-27-2007, 06:46 AM
Bump what tsluva said. :)

She is a hottie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LheDdJtzYA

:)

Ecstatic
09-27-2007, 06:58 AM
How many times can you say "Trannie Hooker" while sitting in the back of a limo? *LOL*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope they give Candis the same gorgeous outfits as the GGs. She has a wonderful figure, especially those great legs! Wonder how Billy Baldwin felt about being casted opposite a real trans instead of the usual actress playing a transgender.
Interesting question.

The Boston Globe treated it really well today. I didn't read this morning's paper until after the show, but there on the first page of the Living | Arts section is a huge color photo--about 30% of the page in size--of Billy Baldwin in bed with Candis (presumably from next week's show). Nicely, the caption simply reads: "Billy Baldwin (above, with Candis Cayne) stars as one of the rich, spoiled Darling clan, which hires a lawyer, played by Peter Krause, to keep them out of trouble."

"with Candis Cayne." That's all, no hoopla about who or what she is, just her name. The Globe has the largest circulation of any newspaper in New England, so as many as 350,000 or more may see that and simply think of Candis as a beautiful blonde woman (which she is, see below). Continued on the next page, the article states "Where to begin? Patrick (William Baldwin) is the state attorney general, and he's pondering a run for Senate. But he's having a problematic extramarital affair with a transsexual who, as Glenn Close uttered in "Fatal Attraction," won't be ignored." Readers can put two and two together, but the Globe didn't make a big deal out of Candis being transsexual.

Anyway, here's the photo.

Shining Star
09-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Well, I for one am wonting to see what and how the role develops. First that "trannie hooker" stuff has to go, the girl does have a name (hopefully). Also hope it's not going to turn into some parody of a trannie chaser's life where Mr. Baldwin's character only sees "Candis" indoors mainly after having sex (or indications sex has just taken place). I'd love to see a nice cat fight or some interaction between Candis and the wife and or family. Think the actress daughter and cocaine selling son might be on board. The preacher son with the bastard child may be a bit more trouble. Then again wouldn't it be a hoot if he turns out to be another of Candis's "clients" or somehow they meet and he is attracted to her?

The possibilites are endless for this role, and Candis is the right girl to play it, so hopefully the will give her the ball and let her run with it.

OTHO,

Legions of trannie-chasers, lovers and like minded men will be tuning in weekly to see the gorgeous Miss. Canye. Only to be snapped out of their viewing rapture when a girlfriend or st8 male friend says "that's a guy". Is if the man watching didn't know! *LOL*

Am so jealous CC gets to work with Peter Krause. He is hot or what?

ARMANIXXX
09-27-2007, 07:51 AM
I watched it, seems like a pretty good show. Candis looked great. I wondered if she had to speak that low or did they alter her voice? She definately doesn't sound like that. I hope in upcoming episodes she will have longer parts and more lines. She was only on for about a minute in this one.

Real, She used to perform at Allanah's parties. I got a bunch of pics here (http://www.transsexualparties.com/grid.cgi?id=130001).

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

I'm gonna go ahead and throw my "2 bit entertainment" knowledge/logic into the pot, even though my concerns may be unwarranted......sorta.

Also, this is not really directed at you Bigguy as I haven't even seen the pics yet, but it's more of a general warning of sorts to everyone here.

Basically, if you folks really like and care for this girl and her career, you all may want to chill with any risque or any previous "business" talk or pics which may or may not have been founded. I want to tread lightly as I don't know Candis Cayne or anything she's done in or out of showbiz, but I do know this, any sign or uprising based off of what a potential group of overzealous protesters or commotion of negative letters or bad press, and Disney won't think twice in letting that girl get boot or even a nice and clean "character death/accident". They've done it before, they'll do it again......in a heartbeat.

I'm watching the show now, and I think it's great that ABC Disney has decided to allow a true and real to life transgendered actor to participate in their studios, just don't think for a minute that they (execs) aren't watching and to some degree waiting for fallout......and you can bet the bank that somebody out there, some asshole is HOPING for it.

Still, this can and should be looked at as a step forward for the TS community as a whole. Just be careful please.

K.....I'm done :soapbox ;)

whatsupwithat
09-27-2007, 08:12 AM
alright candis!

echimandu
09-27-2007, 08:27 AM
This is an absolute farce. Trannies will always be a dirty little secret so please don't look for this to change the way most of society sees them. I'm speaking for people that aren't used to or never have been around trannies. I really feel this Candis person is just a stunt by this network for ratings. Its a stunt business. Rappers, atheletes. These people are not ACTORS. Hey, newsflash. Just cause someone appears on a show doesn't mean they are an actor. This business is an absolute circus. You have extremely talented men and women with tons more talent than this candis person is supposed to have, and the could pass for trans, but they didn't get the job. Why? CAUSE ITS A STUNT. And in the world of stunt casting, talent is not a factor. Oh I guess I'm hating now? Call it what you want. I'm not part of the trans community so I could care less what you think. I feel for the solid professional actors who have tranied worked in this biz for years, only to lose a job to a gimmick. Will this show do well? Tough to say. I honestly don't expect it to last for a season. But if it did, it wouldn't surprise me. Hollywood is a fucking freakshow. Btw, I saw this candis person and I saw nothing to make me want to continue watching. I have high standards when it comes to real talent.

ARMANIXXX
09-27-2007, 08:53 AM
This is an absolute farce. Trannies will always be a dirty little secret so please don't look for this to change the way most of society sees them. I'm speaking for people that aren't used to or never have been around trannies. I really feel this Candis person is just a stunt by this network for ratings. Its a stunt business. Rappers, atheletes. These people are not ACTORS. Hey, newsflash. Just cause someone appears on a show doesn't mean they are an actor. This business is an absolute circus. You have extremely talented men and women with tons more talent than this candis person is supposed to have, and the could pass for trans, but they didn't get the job. Why? CAUSE ITS A STUNT. And in the world of stunt casting, talent is not a factor. Oh I guess I'm hating now? Call it what you want. I'm not part of the trans community so I could care less what you think. I feel for the solid professional actors who have tranied worked in this biz for years, only to lose a job to a gimmick. Will this show do well? Tough to say. I honestly don't expect it to last for a season. But if it did, it wouldn't surprise me. Hollywood is a fucking freakshow. Btw, I saw this candis person and I saw nothing to make me want to continue watching. I have high standards when it comes to real talent.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

lol

A 1 post noobie comes in, talks hella shit and didn't even get his initiation.

*considering flaming rookie to a cinder*

Felicia Katt
09-27-2007, 09:06 AM
well, sweetie, that "dirty little secret" just got broadcast, in primetime, on network tv and that "freak" just got kissed, on screen, in primetime, by a relatively famous actor. Thats progress. And unless Candis is actually a whiny, needy fur clad, party crashing mistress, guess what? Thats a performance and she was ACTING. Whether you like it or not, there are transgendered people in the world, and the media reflects that world And if there are going to be transgendered roles, they should be played by transgendered actors. Having someone like Rebecca Romijn play a TS is a "stunt" or a "gimmick", not having a talented, beautiful girl like Candis do so.

As far as your high standards for talent, you picked a second rate runniing back, from the Raiders as your screen name??? and you spelled his name wrong to boot. LOL

meow

FK

ARMANIXXX
09-27-2007, 09:13 AM

__________________________________________________ _______________________

http://imdb.com/name/nm0147307/

Do us all a favor noob,
Do it for yourself,
Do it for all the poor tranny's in Iraq
Just please do it, as you won't last long anyways.....just save the time
follow this HA account instruction:

Willie Escalade
09-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm glad to see that The Globe treated the scene (and the show) so well. Kudos to them and Candis!

yodajazz
09-27-2007, 09:28 AM

Do you really know Candis's credentials? I am not an expert but I recall hearing that she has had years of professional dance training. She sings live and has been performing for years, with live audiences in night clubs, and has appeared as a major role in an independent film, as a gangters girlfriend. She won a national contest, as she was Miss Continental of 2002, or 2001. That included a talent portion.

In addition as a transexual she brings knowledge of real life experience to the role. At one time, it was thought that Black actors did not have what it takes to play Blacks, and it took 40 to 50 years for won to win an Academy Award in a starring role.

Also real characters to tend to humanize people to those who don't know any in real life. It should help if people can see an know a real character.

And as far as talent, there is someone out there in every field who is more talented than the known stars. So as far as this being an 'absolute farce', you are dead wrong. You may just be seeing yourself in the mirror.

Shining Star
09-27-2007, 09:31 AM
ARMANIXXX , while reading your post I had a moment or two to think, and you need to shut your pie hole.

Candis has worked HARD at being an entertainer, model and actress, and the word professional applies to each and everyone. So she performed at trannie/gay events or parties? What of it, in case you are to young to know or old to remember, many famous stars including Bette Midler and Barry Manilow got their starts in the gay bath house scene.

Have known Candis since, well gosh since she came onto the scene as a "club kid" and began morphing into the wonderful lady we see today, and to my knowledge she hasn't "worked" or anything remotely of any such thing. Even if she did, again what of it? There are MANY famous stars today who escorted and or did soft porn/posed for erotic or semi-erotic photographs to put meat on the table/pay the rent before the made big time. This includes men and women, st8,gay and in the closet. Many of those photographs are freely found on the Internet, and it hasn't hurt any of their careers.

As for putting a professional actress or actor out of job by taking the role, HOW DARE YOU! Who do you think you are to judge Candis or anyone else "acting"? You really ought to hit Google and read up on Candis's CV to see what she what she has been doing. You also have no idea of any kind of training/education that Candis may have in acting. In case you haven't noticed what passes for "acting" these days. For godsakes Paris Hilton has her own televison show. Much of the rest on television today would be considered piss poor pickings by the standards of yesterday's actors. But guess what that was YESTERDAY. If you think everyone on television is a graduate of The Actors Studio, think again.

As for Disney, and the media. Do you have any idea how many gays there are at Disney and other media companies in positions of power. Am quite sure when casting names were bandied about and Candis's agent put hers forward the pros and cons were totally and carefully considered. Am equally sure the show's writers, producers and even ABC all thought things through very carefully. Need I remind you that when "Will and Grace" came on the scene everyone thought it was too "real" and much of America was not ready for a "gay" television show. Well the cast, writers and backers of that show laughed all the way to the bank. They are laughing still as the show is now in syndication which means money for a long, long time to come.

As for Candis playing a trannie hooker, well isn't it usually a mistress or "hooker" that factors into scandal surrounding a public figure? The gay thing has been done to death already, and a woman in this day and age is so common place to cause much of a noise. Just so you know there are quite a few VERY famous, and or powerful men that have gay and or trannie realtionships "on the side". Or, at the very least know where to get some action when they get the itch. Ask around some top trannie escorts, and while most will not name names, they will tell you they have seen some super VIP men.

It is about darn time a trannie is played by true transgendered woman on television and hopefully soon in film as well. Hopefully people will take away if nothing else just how beautiful Candis is and "normal". If nothing else it will give inspiration for young transgendered persons that they don't have to become escorts and abandon dreams of leading a good life just because they are "different".

So much attention is being focused on white middle and upper class gays and lesbians marrying and having children that the TS community needs to break out and sieze the moment, otherwise we are going to find that the ship has sailed and once again we are left behind.

SS

mbf
09-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I have high standards when it comes to real talent.

and we have high standards when it comes to rookie posters.

you, son, SUCK at that.

its always hilarious when a hater only registers to spit venom. most likely, ure a bitter "queen" jealous of Candis :lol: :roll:

ARMANIXXX
09-27-2007, 09:59 AM
ARMANIXXX , while reading your post I had a moment or two to think, and you need to shut your pie hole.

Candis has worked HARD at being an entertainer, model and actress, and the word professional applies to each and everyone. So she performed at trannie/gay events or parties? What of it, in case you are to young to know or old to remember, many famous stars including Bette Midler and Barry Manilow got their starts in the gay bath house scene.

Have known Candis since, well gosh since she came onto the scene as a "club kid" and began morphing into the wonderful lady we see today, and to my knowledge she hasn't "worked" or anything remotely of any such thing. Even if she did, again what of it? There are MANY famous stars today who escorted and or did soft porn/posed for erotic or semi-erotic photographs to put meat on the table/pay the rent before the made big time. This includes men and women, st8,gay and in the closet. Many of those photographs are freely found on the Internet, and it hasn't hurt any of their careers.

As for putting a professional actress or actor out of job by taking the role, HOW DARE YOU! Who do you think you are to judge Candis or anyone else "acting"? You really ought to hit Google and read up on Candis's CV to see what she what she has been doing. You also have no idea of any kind of training/education that Candis may have in acting. In case you haven't noticed what passes for "acting" these days. For godsakes Paris Hilton has her own televison show. Much of the rest on television today would be considered piss poor pickings by the standards of yesterday's actors. But guess what that was YESTERDAY. If you think everyone on television is a graduate of The Actors Studio, think again.

As for Disney, and the media. Do you have any idea how many gays there are at Disney and other media companies in positions of power. Am quite sure when casting names were bandied about and Candis's agent put hers forward the pros and cons were totally and carefully considered. Am equally sure the show's writers, producers and even ABC all thought things through very carefully. Need I remind you that when "Will and Grace" came on the scene everyone thought it was too "real" and much of America was not ready for a "gay" television show. Well the cast, writers and backers of that show laughed all the way to the bank. They are laughing still as the show is now in syndication which means money for a long, long time to come.

As for Candis playing a trannie hooker, well isn't it usually a mistress or "hooker" that factors into scandal surrounding a public figure? The gay thing has been done to death already, and a woman in this day and age is so common place to cause much of a noise. Just so you know there are quite a few VERY famous, and or powerful men that have gay and or trannie realtionships "on the side". Or, at the very least know where to get some action when they get the itch. Ask around some top trannie escorts, and while most will not name names, they will tell you they have seen some super VIP men.

It is about darn time a trannie is played by true transgendered woman on television and hopefully soon in film as well. Hopefully people will take away if nothing else just how beautiful Candis is and "normal". If nothing else it will give inspiration for young transgendered persons that they don't have to become escorts and abandon dreams of leading a good life just because they are "different".

So much attention is being focused on white middle and upper class gays and lesbians marrying and having children that the TS community needs to break out and sieze the moment, otherwise we are going to find that the ship has sailed and once again we are left behind.

SS

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Ahh, welcome to the Armani show Miss Rising Star. Please, have a seat and allow yourself to get comfortable. Might I pour you a glass of wine?
I think you'll need it my dear after I voice some sobering news to you.

And I'm getting sleepy, so I'll make it plain, short and sweet:

If you know of someone who has done porn in the last 10 years, You know of someone who's not doing mainstream TV and/or Movie work.

Luckily for everyone here, I don't like pedantic (thank you Peggygee) posts.

TsJennifer
09-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I am so happy for her! Its about time they put a beautiful transsexual on TV.

ARMANIXXX
09-27-2007, 10:44 AM
The only thing ARMANIXXX heard was:

..........about time they put a beautiful transsexual on TV.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

I think I need to take a break from all this dirty porn :oops:

gonzobear
09-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I wish her the best success! Even if she last a few episodes, it's a positive step forward. She has real talent, now she needs a chance. Let her run with it!

Ecstatic
09-27-2007, 06:30 PM
One small detail impressed me: ABC Disney gave Candis billing in the opening credits, alongside all the other actors, when given the length of her scene they could have easily just slipped her credit into the small print credits at the end. Maybe you don't think that's significant, but I do.

Yes, it's a stunt. TV is all about stunts: casting George Takei as Hiro's father is a stunt. Spinning Addison out of Grey's Anatomy to Private Practice is a stunt. And yes, casting Rebecca Romijn as Alexis on Ugly Betty is a stunt. It's what a show makes of a stunt that determines whether it's only a stunt or actually has substance and is allowed to develop.

While it would've been great to see, say, Candis cast as Alexis, Romijn has played the character well, But more important by far is that the writers and producers have written the character as far more complex than "a hooker tranny" or any other stereotype. I'd argue that the character is only incidentally transsexual; the real emphasis is on sibling rivalry (of course with that transsexual twist), the machinations of running a fashion empire, and the grand illusion of beauty only being skin deep. The character is anything but a stereotype (and the only major transgender character of complex character yet introduced on TV, well beyond the manipulative transsexual portrayed on Nip/Tuck by Famke Janssen).

Since Carmelita (yes, Candis' character has a name) is only a supporting role, we won't see such depth of character development, but I'm hopeful they will add some interesting twists and give her more depth. Time will tell.

Steve-Oh
09-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Congratulations, Candis!

Jeez, is the PISSING MATCH over?

Why can't everyone simply be happy for Ms. Cane's break into mainstream show biz?

Life's too short to go around creating problems where none existed.

BTW - is the performer in this sample clip our girl of the day? I have a few more of this scene for all you filthy wankers :wink:

TsVanessa69
09-27-2007, 08:21 PM
What an ass.
Candis is a very talented woman.
She has been an inspiration for many years
and when I met and worked with her
her personality won me over.
As a trans woman, I say KUDO'S to Candice!
there is always one asshole in the bunch.

TsVanessa69
09-27-2007, 08:22 PM
What an ass.
Candis is a very talented woman.
She has been an inspiration for many years
and when I met and worked with her
her personality won me over.
As a trans woman, I say KUDO'S to Candice!
there is always one asshole in the bunch.

yodajazz
09-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I saw a piece about Candis on Access Hollywood, which is aired on the Fox station here. It was about a 5 min piece. They talked about her history as a drag performer and told her birth name, as well as interviewing her directly. The piece said she became a woman in 1998, implying that's when she had her surgery.

Piggybacking on what Estatic said, it's not like they are trying to sneak her in under the radar. So I would not call this "a dirty little secret".

By the way, extreme_mediocre, the clip you posted is not Candis.
Her name escapes me at the moment, but she has been on several porn sites, as well having pic on here. I did see her on Jerry Springer maybe 8 months ago. That's not Candice.

tsntx
09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Shame on me , i had never heard the name of Candis Cayne
before watching Access Hollywood and their announcement
of Candis on ABC's Dirty Sex and Money debut.
Naturally i've set my DVR to continuously record it.
If ABC's Dirty show hits it big in the ratings, and Candis is
one of the reasons why its doing well, this could open
opportunity doors for other potential, upcoming transgender celebrities
as well as open up better understand and compassion
for the transgender community.

lets hope so

from what i hear shes only in 4 episodes in this show so they might kill her off knowing her role w/ a high political figure -j

juliana_dominguez
09-27-2007, 09:37 PM
watched it last night! she was very beautiful! it's nice seeing a ts character being performed by a real life tgirl. i love her hair and her outfit. she looks classy.

tsntx
09-27-2007, 09:43 PM

oh fuck off mary poppins.... you said you have nothing to do w/ the communtiy but why are you here and why are you making an account just to bash another actors talent then... just bc you put your wifes panties on and failed to get the part doesnt mean candis is any less deserving... you dont know her, what training shes had, what her range is... so fuck off or the casting karma will get you and youll never get to do Cats or play edna turnbladt in hairspray -j

mikejones
09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Great story. I hope she does well. I normally don't watch TV shows, but I might tune in for this.

whatsupwithat
09-28-2007, 01:50 AM
what's the reviews on the show?

as for candis, it doesn't matter if the show sucks or not, she did it!! yes! yay!!

those are two different thoughts, btw. :)

gonzobear
09-28-2007, 03:40 AM
She has talent.
She has opportunity.

all she needs now, is our support.
She is showing a transgender person on mainstream TV.
just being there is a victory in its self.
with luck, they won't kill her off for a few more epsiodes.

who knows......she might even spin off her own show!
less talented actors done it.

Felicia Katt
09-28-2007, 07:09 AM
I found this on E online

Who’s in Patrick’s closet? A secret transsexual lover named Carmelita, played by real-life transsexual Candis Cayne (right). “Ironically, with all the dysfunction going on in our show, people who have watched episodes two through six are saying that the most sweet, normal and most functional relationship on the show is the one between her and I,” Baldwin says.

And he says he had no trepidation about their love scenes. “She’s the hottest woman on set,” Baldwin says. “Every time she walks across the set or across the lot, she has Teamsters that are veering off course and crashing their golf carts.”

for a dirty little secret, thats some pretty good press

FK

poleskr
09-28-2007, 07:59 AM
extreme_mediocre, the clip you posted is of Shawna Gucci of Las Vegas. I met her and we hung out when I was out there a few years ago.

meghanchavalier
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
I think she did a great job and she looked great. I think the only reason they made her talk in the deep voice was to get people to understand she wasn't your average woman...and indeed she's not. I hope the show is a great success for her.

NYTSJulie
09-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I haven't read the full post but for anyone who missed the show, you can go to ABC.com and watch the full episode, of any show.

I have had a busy week so I need to watch "Dirty Sexy Money", and then my favorite "Greys Anatomy".

MrsKellyPierce
09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Go Candis!!!!

And they digitally altered her voice

xschwingx2
09-28-2007, 04:44 PM
There was also a tranny scene in Big shots
seems to be a trend!

BBaggins06
09-29-2007, 04:44 AM
*Bleah* They could have all MtF and FtM actors in the show and I still wouldn't watch it. The last soap opera I watched was Soap and it'll most likely be the last one. That said, I once caught Candis' show in NYC and she is a very talented actress. I'd say she has more talent than half the actors in any random daytime soap. Mahalo

Matt

whatislove
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I've been meaning to catch her show here in NY... Is she still doing it, or back from shooting in LA?