PDA

View Full Version : Steps to make this site less NYC'centric.

NYCe
04-24-2005, 09:56 AM
We have heard the complaints and groans about the seemingly obvious New York bias this site has and taken steps to correct this.

Hopefully if this works, we will see more folks from other parts of the country.

If it doesn't work, this post never existed.

And yes, we are trying to figure out a way to take the Shemales Parties National.

If you have any ideas, please respond to this post. We're (and by We I mean all the HA staff) are always open).

And as a pre-emptive strike, we're going to try and sponsor Vicki's next birthday.
lol

hondarobot
04-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I've got this feeling that the TS scene is going to explode into the mainstream this summer. All the pieces are moving on the proverbial chessboard, you know.

More exposure on daytime television, magazines and cable tv featuring the girls more, Danielle appearing in a mainstream major film, Vicki, Vaniity, Gia, Joanna and others get more popular everyday.

I'm willing to bet more people will become aware of the scene, and Hung Angels seems established already as the common grounds or "Casablanca" of TS chat boards.

Over the next few months, there's probably going to be people posting in here from all over the world.

I guess this isn't so much a suggestion as it is a prediction, but it's all I got at the moment.

:)

hondarobot
04-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh, I just thought of another thing (and yes, I've been stopping in here and posting way too much lately :)).

If you do a national Shemales Party "tour" or something and wanna visit Minneapolis, let me know. The place I work at would be an option, but I think a more "straight" club might work out even better.

I'm pretty damn sure I could get time booked at First Avenue (big music venue) or one of the larger strip clubs downtown.

GroobySteven
04-25-2005, 01:06 AM
I wasn't aware it was NY biased.
Allanah runs parties in NY which you help promote - good for TS fans worldwide.
Your forum is accessible worldwide and often has postings about clubs, girls and meeting places across the USA and further afield.
You have postings from models based from all across the USA.

Don't let a few moaning minnies (or tantrum tgirls) detract from what you do.
I've been in NY only once in the last 4 yrs (watch out I'm there again soon) and I don't feel exluded or that the website is NY-centric.
Keep the good work up.
seanchai

flabbybody
04-25-2005, 02:55 AM
This site is New York centric because our city is the only place on the planet that gays, lesbians, trangendered, CD's, blacks, jews, hispanics, Arabs, etc can live without the BS that is part of mainstream USA. Do you really think Minneapolis would tolerate us folks getting together? Hondarabot, get a hold of yourself. You're living in a part of the country that thinks using condoms is the work of the devil.

hwbs
04-25-2005, 03:12 AM
touche :twisted:

hondarobot
04-25-2005, 03:14 AM
You are misinformed, Flabby. Minneapolis is one of the most liberal cities in the country. It's GLBT scene is considered third in scope behind NYC and San Fran. We don't have ethnic/religeous particular neighborhoods, everyone just mixes together.

We elected fricken Jesse Ventura as govenor, and Paul Wellstone as senator.

In NYC, you elected Guilliani.

axman
04-25-2005, 04:38 AM
If a roadshow is possible , I would suggest Austin,Tx.
sidekicksaustin.com
:D

anothervoyeur
04-25-2005, 07:18 AM
This site is New York centric because our city is the only place on the planet that gays, lesbians, trangendered, CD's, blacks, jews, hispanics, Arabs, etc can live without the BS that is part of mainstream USA.

Haven't been to San Francisco, have you? San Francisco city employees can have their gender reassignment surgeries covered by the city health insurance.

And Power Exchange is still the only sex club I'm aware of where women of any gender are allowed in free, and single men at a reasonable price.

I hear good things about Los Angeles as well.

Vicki Richter
04-25-2005, 09:34 AM
This is true... I think California is a bit more liberal as a whole than New York. No offense intended with that remark! I think it is really close though in some respects.

By the way Seanchi, notice how others, not just the "tantrum girls" perceive it that way. The way I see it, all the events the site covers or promotes are NYC based. There are sticky threads every month for this stuff. Even the home page, which I never goto, either always has Allanah on it. You guys have even made our L.A. icon Gia Darling seem like she's NY based. Anyway, all I've ever said is there is a distinctively strong New York vibe to the site. I think Allanah, the HA spokesmodel, even put down California once saying how sucky LA was. (I think that was in her "It all happens here" posting thing)

I don't have a bias against New York and the people there seem really nice. Bigguy, NYCe, and many others who I met were really cool people. To be honest, I didn't meet any bad people there. However, I will say my worst trip ever was my one and only trip to NYC. Staying in Korea town and paying $100 round trip for taxis to goto Manhattan was definitely not how a first timer should experience that fair city. If you want someone to have a really crappy time in New York and not like you, host them in Korea town - (I think in Queens?) and then ignore them the entire time they are there.

If you want to be unbiased, have a sticky thread for Peanuts and Divas in California giving locations and days/times of operations. Do it for other states/countries too. You have a great opportunity to have a true global community here, and not just in user base.

I personally think this is a good move if you can pull it off.

LG
04-25-2005, 11:48 AM
flabbybody wrote:

This site is New York centric because our city is the only place on the planet that gays, lesbians, trangendered, CD's, blacks, jews, hispanics, Arabs, etc can live without the BS that is part of mainstream USA.

The only place in the USA, maybe (although residents of San Fransisco and maybe Minneapolis and New Orleans may wish to disagree with you). But the only place in the world? Hell no! What about London, Amsterdam, Barcelona and a number of other cities in Europe and all over the world? They are burdened with none of the "BS of mainstream USA", and the people that live there are far more liberal than Americans.

So please don't suggest that the Big Apple is the only liberal city on earth. Making hungangels.com less NYC-centric is a step in the right direction, but we still need more info on events happening and on girls living in Europe.

A lot of members live outside the USA and most of us may never have a chance to attend Alannah's parties (although she makes almost up for it by travelling to the UK).

And that, my friends, is why we love her. Wish more of the girls would follow her lead and go to European capitals.[/quote]

GroobySteven
04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
By the way Seanchi, notice how others, not just the "tantrum girls" perceive it that way. The way I see it, all the events the site covers or promotes are NYC based. There are sticky threads every month for this stuff. Even the home page, which I never goto, either always has Allanah on it.
If you want to be unbiased, have a sticky thread for Peanuts and Divas in California giving locations and days/times of operations. Do it for other states/countries too. You have a great opportunity to have a true global community here, and not just in user base.

Then why don't you post promotions for Peanuts, Diva's or other clubs and ask the moderators to make it sticky? From what I understand the guys running this are in NYC and Alannah takes advantage of this forum to promote her clubs in much the same way I take advantage of it to promote certain aspects of my products.
All I ever see seem to see from you Vicki is complaints and negative input, if you want to be positive and change this forum then how about adding some non-NYC postings on what you feel is important elsewhere and asking for it to be made sticky, I'm sure it would be a great addition to the site and a more constructive use of your time.
seanchai

blckhaze
04-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Just playin devils advocate here. New york aint all its cracked up to be, at least from my point of veiw. Being african-american, transexuals are not a norm for my background. Sure there are a good number of black TS in NYC, but most of them arent originally from here. They ususally come from the suburbs to live the NY dream. Many of my neighborhood friends dont know that im into this, but i know most of their reactions would be negative, VERY negative. Other cities are rend to be more open due to the lack of cultutral diversities such as race and religion.
Dont get me wrong, i love it here and probably would hate livin anywhere else, but NY can also be a cold and unforgivin city if you go down the wrong street.

Vicki Richter
04-27-2005, 08:17 AM
By the way Seanchi, notice how others, not just the "tantrum girls" perceive it that way. The way I see it, all the events the site covers or promotes are NYC based. There are sticky threads every month for this stuff. Even the home page, which I never goto, either always has Allanah on it.

Then why don't you post promotions for Peanuts, Diva's or other clubs and ask the moderators to make it sticky? From what I understand the guys running this are in NYC and Alannah takes advantage of this forum to promote her clubs in much the same way I take advantage of it to promote certain aspects of my products.
All I ever see seem to see from you Vicki is complaints and negative input, if you want to be positive and change this forum then how about adding some non-NYC postings on what you feel is important elsewhere and asking for it to be made sticky, I'm sure it would be a great addition to the site and a more constructive use of your time.
seanchai

I say a lot that isn't negative. However, if I see something hypocritical or unrighteous I usually am generally going to call someone on it. Like the new tranny voting committee.... no plan, just let people vote of the web. Allanah bashing a gay club for not letting women in. Someone saying all white tranny's are fugly. Of course I will be critical in perhaps a negative sounding or derrogatory overtone. I think some people could argue that most of what you ever say is negative if they really wanted to stretch it Seanchi. Your humor is almost as dry as mine and you love bashing American politicians and policy. This post of yours was negative in it's tone. Your posts about the AVN being bogus can be considered negative. In fact, if I really wanted to go back and see how many posts you have made with an upbeat completely positive overtone vs me, you would almost definitely lose.

djs
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Quote:

The only place on the Planet LOL Wow some Americans really need to leave there country once in a while maybe visit Amsterdam & London

WendyWilliams
04-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Well I wasnt going to post because I didnt want to make anyone mad but Ihave sent emails with events and announcements in the past 7 months that NEVER have made it too the front or "sticky" : Examples Danielle and I appearing at Peanuts, Joanna and I on Ksex radio, Release of my first DVD series and its a hit or miss situation. They did in January put up Tonya and I having a booth at the AVN Expo on the front page. I dont know what the criteria is for others to gain some top exposure for events and announcements? HA has been good to me and always listened to my gripes and groans but I agree with Vicki about 75% and others the rest. I do send emails too 2 different moderators of events as I said above and 1 out of 4 probably get some type of recognition however in my early days here anything I sent got put up so not sure what changed.

Either way I will continue to send announcements/events and see what is filtered and what is not.

Thank You to HA for atleast the effort.

Wendy

paulo
04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Quote:

The only place on the Planet LOL Wow some Americans really need to leave there country once in a while maybe visit Amsterdam & London

:lol: