PDA

View Full Version : Heroes....the thread.

TomSelis
09-25-2007, 03:21 AM
It's back, it's on, season 2 mofos.

Here's some space to discuss.

hondarobot
09-25-2007, 03:25 AM
I owe ya one, Tom. I was making chili and forgot about the show tonight. I'm watching now. Good call.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-25-2007, 04:19 AM
sorry bro, I had to give my boy Sylar his own space

p.s. Sorry Mr. Sulu (hehe)

hondarobot
09-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Not bad, definitely not great. Several good plot points set up, I'd give it 4 out of 10 as far as season premiers goes. For it's second season, the series as a whole is not disappointing so far, but it could be better.

TJ347
09-25-2007, 04:33 AM
I'd say season 2 is starting off slowly, but I'm sure it'll be roaring right along before we reach the two week (or more?) hiatus. Six out of ten stars for the premiere, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting too much from it so I'm probably being overly generous.

Anyway, now I'm ready for the Bionic Woman premiere on Wednesday...

blckhaze
09-25-2007, 05:06 AM
not a bad start, but it was alot to take in at once. It was all over the place, but i guess they wanted get ALL the plots out in the beginning

Ecstatic
09-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Too jumbled and uneven, but with some definite high points. I like how Claire is being handled, but not so much the rest of her family. Nice play with Hiro and the English samurai hero in the past (but I expect Hiro to be a highlight). I'm glad they're only hinting at Peter's situation so far.

Overall, I was more impressed though with the premiere of Journeyman. Some nice potential there, so long as it doesn't devolve into Quantum Leap.

TomSelis
09-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Eh, I watched way too much TV tonight.
I thought it did a good job of raising more questions. What the hell is Peter's mom's power? Hiro's dad? I agree nothing ground breaking, but I loved the ending.

Then I watched Journeyman then I watched the War. :smh:

hondarobot
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Angela Petrelli's (Peter and Nathan's mother) power seems to be precognition, which is interesting. Being able to see the "future" becomes irrelevant once someone like Hiro comes into the picture, because he can alter the past. Hinderman's power was the ability to heal, but then Claire (and presumably others) are born who can't be hurt or killed.

It's all about evolution, which was what Suresh was discussing with his class in the first episode.

Angela, Linderman, "Sulu", ect. were probably early evolved humans who became corrupt. New heroes are now challenging their machinations. The show has the basis for a very good story. I'm still not sure what the damn solar eclipse has to do with everything. It's bet it's somehow related to Peter Petrelli's atomic explosion outside the atmosphere, but that's just a guess.

TJ347
12-04-2007, 04:25 AM
Season finale... Discuss it afterward? :popcorn

DJ_Asia
12-04-2007, 05:18 AM
I just bought the first season on DVD last week,and finished watching it last night.

Its not a bad series,but as others have said its real jumbled,too many characters running around switching agendas too often to make it really suspenseful.

Im waiting for Feb 7th..season 4 of Lost...much better show.

xfiver
12-04-2007, 10:20 AM
if one more person "dies" and comes back, i'm out.

alpha2117
12-04-2007, 11:13 AM
if one more person "dies" and comes back, i'm out. Dont worry once Adam is removed that gimmick wont occur again

alpha2117
12-04-2007, 11:39 AM
if one more person "dies" and comes back, i'm out. Dont worry once Adam is removed that gimmick wont occur again

trish
12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
i got hooked on the show because of the interactions between Hiro and Ando. Hiro is sooo innocent and sooo excited. i loved it when with his face beaming, he posed and asked Ando how he looked and Ando replied that Hiro looked like a badass. as a series, i agree it's pretty confused. personally, i thought volume 1 was stronger than volume 2. i see it devolving into a sort of X-men. to save it, they need more characters like Claire and Hiro, with whom one can empathize.

ellena
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Season 2 has Lost it's way.

The time travel thing worked in the first season as Hero was unsure at to how to use his powers.

Now that he can travel anywhere and any time at will, it is just silly.

Agree with who ever it was that pointed out the people changing sides to often etc...

It just seems like the first lot of episodes have been a waste of time.

I used to think it was great that seasons ran for many more episodes in the US compared to the relatively short seasons in the UK, but now I see with Heroes (and Lost especially) that many of the "extra" episodes are just waste of time fillers.