PDA

View Full Version : Sony to Market PS3 As Blu-Ray Player

Legend
09-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Sony to Market PS3 As Blu-Ray Player

Sony is planning to refocus its PlayStation 3 marketing campaign by emphasizing that the console includes a Blu-ray player.

That's according to a Financial Times article.

The publication reports that Sony is aiming to improve sales of both the PS3 game console and the new high-def disc format.
http://www.tvpredictions.com/sonyps3092107.htm

It's really ashame that the ps3 is doing so badly as a gaming machine they have to market it as a blu-ray player now.

manbearpig
09-22-2007, 05:44 AM
A shitty blu-ray player at that. But their sales will see a spike once Final Fantasy XIII comes out. Supposedly it's PS3 exclusive. I'm not really buying it. Hopefully they'll put it on all 3 consoles. Or maybe they'll take an alternate route and put it on PS2. I think that'd be a good move. Life-like graphics doesn't equate to a good game. Personally I'd be fine with PSOne graphics if the games were good. Or even 2D sprite graphics.

Legend
09-22-2007, 07:01 AM
A shitty blu-ray player at that. But their sales will see a spike once Final Fantasy XIII comes out. Supposedly it's PS3 exclusive. I'm not really buying it. Hopefully they'll put it on all 3 consoles. Or maybe they'll take an alternate route and put it on PS2. I think that'd be a good move. Life-like graphics doesn't equate to a good game. Personally I'd be fine with PSOne graphics if the games were good. Or even 2D sprite graphics.

I don't think it will be a ps3 exculsive because if the console isn't selling the developers won't make any money.

"Life-like graphics doesn't equate to a good game."

Agreed thats why i think hdtv being a must for next-gen systems is non sense,good gameplay makes a great game not pretty graphics.

manbearpig
09-22-2007, 07:03 AM
It can enhance an already good game. Final Fantasy X was a good game AND it was gorgeous to look at. If anything, I'd invest in the HD for movies lol games are a second thought.

timxxx
09-22-2007, 07:08 AM
It's really ashame that the ps3 is doing so badly as a gaming machine they have to market it as a blu-ray player now.

Fuck that, it's no shame, it's a lesson overprice your shit no one will buy it.And you will be able to get a blu-ray player for £100 in a couple of years.Sony will just have to bite the bullet and slash the price.

manbearpig
09-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Personally, I like HD-DVD better.

hwbs
09-22-2007, 02:06 PM
there are a lot of the games coming out...they are also to rumored to do another price drop after the 60 gigs run out..

Castor_Troy05
09-22-2007, 06:06 PM
the constant claim by ps3 fans is that the games are coming, the games are coming. But when does it stop being a console of potential and admit it's a failure

ARMANIXXX
09-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Sony priced themselves out of the market. Not only that, but what makes the PS3 so great? I mean, it's the same freakin system from before with upgrades.........nothing innovative about it at all really. I'm sure it can toast my bread and brew my coffee, but so the hell what, I want GAMES......innovative games.

I played the Wii and it was great. That's what I call innovative.

If I was gonna buy a console, I'd get a Wii or maybe an XBOX. Sony fucked up this round.

Chaingunner
09-22-2007, 09:14 PM
I got a PS3 a few weeks back and in fairness its pretty good so far. I think Sony were hoping that GTA4 would be out soon until Rockstar threw a spanner in the works and depending who you believe it seems to be anybody's fault. 360 does seem to be having the first releases so far (Airborne being one..PS3 release still weeks away) Unreal is supposed to be an exclusive but i'll believe that when it happens!
I chose the PS3 for a few reasons, the main one being reliability of the console as my original PS1 still works fine and I only managed to semi-kill my PS2 (give it a thump and it works) after playing it for nearly 4 hours a day nearly every day for 5 years!
I think though this may be the last time I 'automatically' choose Sony though. :fc

alphanumeric
09-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Meh... PC games are the only way to rock!

manbearpig
09-23-2007, 07:40 AM
If you want innovation, get a Wii. If you want great online gaming, get a 360. If you wanna blow 500 bucks and not have any good games, get a PS3.

I'm totally a sony fanboy lol PS2 is a great system with some of the greatest games. But they sure fucked up this round. You'd think they'd learn a lesson from the Dreamcast. No one gives a damn about the technology.

Darkwing Duck
09-23-2007, 05:37 PM

I don't see any shame there. Let's be real here, the only reason they won the console war last year was because the PS2 had DVD capability in an era where a lot of DVD players cost nearly as much as it did.