PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Breast Augmentation (Off Topic)

TopHeavyCutie
09-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Whats up ladies and gents,

Ok....so I get google alerts on things like Victoria Beckham and P. Hilton..and Yes....Boobs.

So I'm diggin through my mail and come across a very intresting goolge boobie alert.

The Austrailian Military has come under fire for giving its Female naval personel breast augmentations at the expense of Tax Payers $'s

What do you guys think about that?

I mean personally, I believe, Thats why most people join the Mil, For the FREE benefits and other kool things YOUR uncle provides for you. I mean, everyone knows, you are allowed 1 free surgery when ya join up. Boobs or nose, whatever it maybe, its yours, After all , you signed the contract, its part of the deal. Not to mention ...no matter what mil it is, Foreign or domestic, Will do damn near ANYTHING to get people to join. So that in turn it may become a stronger force. It just doesnt make sense to me that people would get pissed at something so trivial as to what the mil does for its soldiers.

Lemme hear some feedback on this peoples.

peggygee
09-20-2007, 09:19 PM
As a veteran of the US militiary I would say that the benefits conferred
upon veterans and enlisted personnel are warranted. Indeed I would
proffer that the benefits from DOD, and the VA should be increased.

And far from being free benefits, the medical, death and disabilty
coverage, education, home loan guaranties, etc, are a valid quid pro quo,
for the meritorious service that the men and women of the militiary
perform for our country.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/deceasedsoldier.jpg

Legend
09-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Whats up ladies and gents,

Ok....so I get google alerts on things like Victoria Beckham and P. Hilton..and Yes....Boobs.

So I'm diggin through my mail and come across a very intresting goolge boobie alert.

The Austrailian Military has come under fire for giving its Female naval personel breast augmentations at the expense of Tax Payers $'s

I mean personally, I believe, Thats why most people join the Mil, For the FREE benefits and other kool things YOUR uncle provides for you. I mean, everyone knows, you are allowed 1 free surgery when ya join up. Boobs or nose, whatever it maybe, its yours, After all , you signed the contract, its part of the deal. Not to mention ...no matter what mil it is, Foreign or domestic, Will do damn near ANYTHING to get people to join. So that in turn it may become a stronger force. It just doesnt make sense to me that people would get pissed at something so trivial as to what the mil does for its soldiers.

Lemme hear some feedback on this peoples.

That's just excess spending,i dont want my tax dollars paying for illrelevant cosmetic surgeries instead i want it spend on relevant things like a fallen soldier's family,armor,disfigured soldiers etc.I don't know about the australia military but our military doesn't even have money for proper armor so spending money on getting mary a boob job or tom his nose job is a waste.

mbf
09-20-2007, 09:40 PM
since when does "legend" know anything about paying taxes? Is watching cartoons and playing videogames now a job?

peggygee
09-20-2007, 10:01 PM

I mean personally, I believe, Thats why most people join the Mil, For the FREE benefits and other kool things YOUR uncle provides for you. I mean, everyone knows, you are allowed 1 free surgery when ya join up. Boobs or nose, whatever it maybe, its yours, After all , you signed the contract, its part of the deal. Not to mention ...no matter what mil it is, Foreign or domestic, Will do damn near ANYTHING to get people to join.

So that in turn it may become a stronger force. It just doesnt make sense to me that people would get pissed at something so trivial as to what the mil does for its soldiers.

In my previous response, I didn't address the original point of breast
surgery for service women.

The United States militiary currently will give a $20K re-enlistment bonus
for an additonal year of service. If an enlisted woman wanted to have
breast augmentation done with that money or if a male wanted to have a
nose job there would be nothing precluding them from doing so.

However, militiary personnel are bound by a different set of rules,
regualtions, and laws than civilians. Much of that law is codified under what
is known as the UCMJ (Unified Code Of Militiary Justice) which basically
dictates your actions, behavior, and codes of conduct.

Thus girlfriend the UCMJ would not allow you to have a sex change while
in the militiary, and limits a number of other choices that you would
have as a civilian. Basically when you are in the militiary, you are the
property of the United States government.

Interestingly, once you have been discharged from the militiary, and if
you opt to receive services through the Veterans Administration and
their hospitals, a different set of regulations will apply. Some VA
hospitals have been known to perform orchiechtomies on MTF
transwomen, some will offer HRT for a transperson, others may offer
counselling around gender dysphoria and other mental health issues.

But in all circumstances, be it while the person is on active duty or as a
veteran, health care would be given as medically indicated, not purely for
elective or cosmetic reasons.

Yet it goes without saying to those that are familiar with the medical
world that the lines of medically indicated and elective can blur often-
times, with those in the medical profession being the final arbiter of that
decision.

BeardedOne
09-20-2007, 10:08 PM

Wait...

They upgrade their flotation devices for safety and survival purposes and get grief for it? :shock:

I know damn well that I am gonna get slapped for that. :lol:

Legend
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
since when does "legend" know anything about paying taxes? Is watching cartoons and playing videogames now a job?

Having a job is what pays taxes for me and to have guys who have no since of financial awareness to comment on my personal life is a fucking joke.Do you get receipts from eros or the girl across the street,i can tell you i do get them from videogame and dvd purchases.

tubgirl
09-20-2007, 10:38 PM

Having a job is what pays taxes for me and to have guys who have no since of financial awareness to comment on my personal life is a fucking joke.Do you get receipts from eros or the girl across the street,i can tell you i do get them from videogame and dvd purchases.

you little fucking hypocrite. that is what you do to everyone in your little rants.

and you are wanted in about 3 other threads...

Legend
09-20-2007, 11:02 PM

you little fucking hypocrite. that is what you do to everyone in your little rants.

Well you crawled out of your cave to say that!No input on the topic at hand whatsoever,i made a comment on the topic and didn't decide to bring any unnecessary drama like must guys here tend to do.It seems like the majority of drama queens around here are guys.Wanted??oh you mean like the time you ignored sarahg's response to your hate crime bs post in which you ignored just to tell me why i'm i bumping that tortured case thread,i think your the hypocrite.

Jericho
09-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Wait...
They upgrade their flotation devices for safety and survival purposes and get grief for it? :shock:

If it had been the army, would she have had bigger bazookas :?

BeardedOne
09-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Wait...

If it had been the army, would she have had bigger bazookas :?

You betcha! :peanutbutter

Odelay
09-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Isn't it important that every part of a military servicewoman stand at attention? :roll:

peggygee
09-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Post 2200
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/womensoldier.jpg

T ransgender A merican
V eterans A ssociation

http://www.tavausa.org/

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/vet1Emblem-xsml.gif http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/vet2aniserv.gif

Q10. How can I have my VA and DOD records changed to reflect my new name and gender identity?

A10. Name. Veterans may change their names in the VA databases (national and local healthcare facility) by forwarding a letter request with a certified copy of the court ordered name change to both the regional VA office that holds one's records and one's primary healthcare facility. Retirees may do the same with DoD by providing their parent service's personnel command retiree section and the DFAS Columbus Retired Pay Office a certified copy of the court ordered name change. A new retired ID card can be issued and a DEERS name change entry made at any military Pass and ID office by presenting a certified copy of the court ordered name change. Note that the DD-214 cannot be changed once issued; however, if one legally changes name in the military records prior to discharge or retirement, the original DD-214 will be issued in the new name.

Gender (VA). Veterans may change their gender markers in the VA databases (national and local healthcare facility) by forwarding a notarized copy of the surgeon's letter that confirms accomplishment of SRS/GRS/GCS to both the regional VA office that holds one's records and one's primary healthcare facility.

Gender (DoD). Veterans may request a change of gender marker in DoD records by submitting a Form DD 149, Application for Correction of Military Record parent service's records correction activity (e.g., the Board for Correction of Naval Records). Include as a minimum a certified copy of the court-ordered name change and a notarized copy of the surgeon's SRS/GRS/GCS confirmation letter. Expect the process to take a year or more. The corrections activity, acting in the name of the Service Secretary (e.g., Secretary of the Army), will task the appropriate military personnel command to issue a Statement of Service in your new name and gender. The Form DD 214 -- which does not show gender -- will NOT be changed or amended because the name at time of discharge or retirement is considered to have been correct at that time. Issue of the Statement of Service can take up to an additional six months.

Retirees can send a copy of the Statement of Service by letter to the Retired Pay Office, DFAS Columbus, requesting the gender marker to be changed 'wherever recorded in DFAS databases.' This is important because DFAS issues a periodic master tape that overrides any data in the DEERS database.

Changing the retiree's DEERS gender marker can be done at a military Pass and ID office by presenting the surgeon's letter and the Statement of Service showing your new gender. If the retiree is unmarried, the Pass and ID personnel can make the change. If the retiree is married, attempting to change the gender marker would result in a same sex marriage; so the change is blocked. Advise the local personnel to call their DEERS Help Desk (Research and Analysis), which can override the block on same-sex spouses. If the retiree's spouse has also changed sex (i.e., an MTF/FTM couple), the local office can change both gender markers before pressing the Enter key. Patience and a sense of humor are advised when coaching local military personnel through this procedure.

justatransgirl
09-21-2007, 01:15 AM
And amazing Peggy - where do you find this great info! Thanks.

My partner joined the Navy to save money for a sex change. giggle.

Taking hormones on duty and cross dressing didn't go over very well with the military and she was asked to leave. (Actually she was afraid of getting raped aboard ship.)

I wonder - does anyone know if the American Legion has a policy for dealing with transsexuals? Since membership is offered to MALE members of the Armed Forces during time of war. What happens? If one has a sex change they are legally female, but still biologically male - AND if they were male at the point of qualification should a later sex change negate membership, if so why.

Presents some interesting issues which I don't think have been explored yet. Mainly it's called having your cake and eating it too.

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

tubgirl
09-21-2007, 03:35 AM

Well you crawled out of your cave to say that!No input on the topic at hand whatsoever,i made a comment on the topic and didn't decide to bring any unnecessary drama like must guys here tend to do.It seems like the majority of drama queens around here are guys.Wanted??oh you mean like the time you ignored sarahg's response to your hate crime bs post in which you ignored just to tell me why i'm i bumping that tortured case thread,i think your the hypocrite.

can you diagram that last sentence for me?

**edit**

and what was i supposed to say to sarah in that thread? thank you? sorry? she made a very valid point that i had not thought of prior to posting.

it's not like i have any threads with my name on them that i avoid at all costs...