PDA

View Full Version : A Ghost Story

hondarobot
04-17-2005, 02:13 AM
I know I posted on the whole "paranormal" topic awhile ago, and I don't want to seem like some nut, but another very strange thing happened to me today.

Actually, it was two individual events, the first of which happened yesterday.

I got into work Friday morning and there was a note on my desk:

"Jeff, the door to the Garden Court is stuck shut and the maintenance guys can't get it open, they say it feels like something heavy is laying against it from inside."

Unfortunately, all the maintenance guys at our club are hopeless alcoholics (but pretty good guys), so I'm not too shocked that they couldn't figure out what-ever the problem was. Now, the Garden Court is a cafe type bar on our second floor, we closed it off a year ago (fire marshall bullshit, long story), but it's still used on Tuesdays as a second dressing room for our amatuer drag show. There's one door and no other way to access it.

I tried the locks, they worked, but it wouldn't open. "Must be the knob is broken, or something, what do I know about door knobs?" I didn't want to end up fooling around with this all day, so I grabbed a hammer and bashed the knob off, then removed the bolt and other mechanics.

Still wouldn't open.

Time to get SWAT team on it. I got a heavy metal box and started battering the door. It finally opened a few inches and I got my arm inside. Sitting flush against the door was a chair (yes, how does that happen?).

Weird, but I figured it was jammed somehow and was the problem. I threw it several feet across the room.

Door still wouldn't budge any further.

Back to ramming. After six more blows, the door flies open like nothing was wrong at all. I looked around, on the floor, around the door, everywhere.

There was nothing, what-so-ever, that could have logically kept that door shut. Now bare in mind, I don't buy into the spooky, ghosty stuff at all, but this was weird.

There's a second, even stranger part to the story, but I wouldn't blame anyone if they haven't even read this far yet.

Very, very strange. My investigation continues.

Anyone else got any "ghost" stories?

Castor_Troy05
04-17-2005, 02:36 AM
whats the second part ?

hondarobot
04-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Thanks for asking, Castor, it was killing me not adding this part :)

I wake up this morning around 11am. I check my cell phone, it's got an incoming call from work. I'm heading out for breakfast anyways, and work is right across downtown, so I figure I'll stop in and see what the issue is.

I get in to work and I find the daytime manager, ask him why he called me.

"I was just calling you back, you phoned me at 7am and I didn't catch the call" he says.

OK, I wasn't awake at 7am. I check his phone to make sure he hasn't gone crazy. There's my name, my number, calling him that morning.

"What the hell? Did I sleepwalk-like call and not remember it?"

I check my outgoing calls. . .no record of the call, I never called him.

From a technical standpoint, I can't figure out a plausible explanation for that.

Like I said before, weird, eh?

If there is a ghost or something behind this, I'm gonna try and figure out a way to talk to it.

I've got alot of question to ask.

:)

partlycloudy
04-17-2005, 03:15 AM
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/8729/arnoldsmokingpot1na5nm.gif

Ecstatic
04-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Well, Jeff, I don't know about the door, though I have seen many strange things in my day, but I did have a weird, somewhat similar cell phone incident about a half-year back involving one of my favorite Tgirls, who I've known for over three years. I've seen her about a dozen times, so needless to say she's in my cell's phonebook. Well, one day my wife and I took one of our cats to vet, had some work done, then as we got home my phone rings and it's this girl. "Hi Ernie, how are you?" "Great, how are you?" "Great" (or similar small talk), then: "Did you just call me?"

"No. I just got back from the vet."

"Well, you did! My phone rang and it was you, for like 10 minutes. I tried to talk to you, but it was all muffled, so I called back."

"O--kay...but I didn't call. How on earth did that happen? Jeez, I must've accidentally pressed the right sequence of buttons to make the call: but that would be phonebook...letter...your name (not the first name under that letter)...then send...all while the phone was in my jacket pocket. What are the odds?"

We had a good laugh, caught up a bit, then hung up. I haven't done it yet, but that made me want to get one of those folding Star Trek phones so that the buttons aren't exposed. But why did I accidentally call her and not any of 50 other people?

hondarobot
04-17-2005, 04:01 AM
Hey Ernie, your post just made me think of a possible explanation. That whole "Paris Hilton" cell phone hacking thing made me think- maybe some screwballs somewhere are hacking cells and doing crazy shit for their own amusement?

The fact that it happened to me (if that's the explanation) right after that weird door thing is strange, but shit like that does happen.

Damn. . .I really woulda liked to have met a ghost.

Ecstatic
04-17-2005, 04:43 AM
I had a friend who claimed he talked to ghosts. Had being the operative word. One time a group of us were out walking past a graveyard, and suddenly this guy starts talking to nobody the rest of us can see, telling "him" to move on, let go his attachment to this earth, go to the light....

...the rest of us kept walking. Quickly.

hwbs
04-17-2005, 05:08 AM
hmmmm....the house i grew up in as a teen was haunted.....the family b4 there had a sudden death there that used to rent our house.....was more or less playfull spirit.....didnt really bother me....most of the occurences were in the master suite......couple times scared out my mind,lol.....my girlfriend at the time refused to sleep over......think im crazy,lol.....my relatives lives there now and no one uses the master bedroom and the upstairs bedrooms for that matter.....they wont admit why,lol

hondarobot
04-17-2005, 05:18 AM
Bwahahah. . .I love this stuff! Like I said before, I'm not sure if I buy the whole "supernatural" thing, but I really would like to.

:wink:

Chica
04-17-2005, 12:06 PM
i had come in from clubbing, well, i had gotten lost first, lost all my friends so there was me walking about 6 miles home... then after an hour and a half i realised that this wasnt the way home... walked the hour and a half back and i got on a train home... got home about 6am and went straight to bed.... stupidly got up for college at 10am and stayed there until 3pm

at about 5pm i had my dinner when my mobile rang and it was one of the people i went out with... just checking what was up... so i walked upstairs and along the hallway (it was dark) and as i reached the bathroom something white looked as though it lunged at me or something so i ran back to hit the lightswitch (although there was one right next to me, my instinct was to run back) and turned it on... nothing... a year and a half ago my mother had died, it may have had something to do with that? but iwas in a massive hangover at the time... could have been me imaging it...

there has always been creeks in my house though, but my family has been the only owners of it

Vicki Richter
04-17-2005, 08:22 PM
I definitely believe in the super natural. Just the other week I went out drinking with some friends. Both my friend and I couldn't figure out the next day how we got back to her house. She also couldn't remember that she had dropped 3 drinks in select locations around one of the clubs. It is as if some supernatural power came in and stole our memories.

Spooky huh?

tsluver247
04-18-2005, 12:07 AM
I definitely believe in the super natural. Just the other week I went out drinking with some friends. Both my friend and I couldn't figure out the next day how we got back to her house. She also couldn't remember that she had dropped 3 drinks in select locations around one of the clubs. It is as if some supernatural power came in and stole our memories.

Spooky huh?

That is what you get for drinking spirits. :)