PDA

View Full Version : Need help from folks who know the Chicago scene

crobar
09-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Granted, the following will seem a bit wacky but I was wondering if anyone had any info on a couple of girls I spotted out on the town last night (Saturday, Sept. 15).

One I saw at Berlin. She was quite tall and simply stunning -- as gorgeous as any woman I've seen. She looked a bit like Miriam (Rivera?). And before you all chime in saying, "It must have been me!" -- she was with a handsome Hispanic man who was said to be her "husband." He certainly acted like a husband; he was apparently insanely jealous and protective. I'm not trying to break up a happy marriage but I'm dying to know who she is. Perhaps she performs somewhere?

The other girl I spotted earlier in El Gato Negro. I know, I know -- I don't usually go there but I read a few posting saying it's gotten better so I decided to check it out. I have to admit the girls are considerably hotter than they've been in the past. The girl I'm interested was dressed rather conservatively (for El Gato Negro anyway). She was wearing jeans and a tan cardigan with a shawl neck. But when she took of the sweater -- good God! She was Hispanic (surprise!) and looked a bit like MiaFever with short hair, except a bit younger and more slender. Apologies for the half-baked celebrity comparisons.

Again, I realize this is all a long shot. However, any help you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

borhino
10-17-2007, 03:43 AM
Just curious - will be out in Chicago in the near future and the reviews on El Gato are all over the map. Since it sounds like you've been there lately...how is the place?

borhino
10-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Or is there somewhere else in Chicago that's fun to hang out? Sorry hit submit too soon, fingers faster than my brain! :oops:

BrendaQG
10-29-2007, 07:35 AM
I personally have enjoyed myself, If not paid my car note from my visits there. So I have no complaints.

Some people say it's a dive. I like to think that it lacks pretension, it's not too big for it's breeches. I like that in a hang out. The funniest thing I ever read in a review El Gato Negro was "I felt like I was doing something illegal just by sitting at the bar." That just about says it all.

Note: Rumor has it that El Gato Negro will be shut down sooner rather than latter.