PDA

View Full Version : Warner Brothers to Shoot Live Action Robotech Movie

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Sci Fi Channel is reporting that Warner Brothers Pictures has obtained the rights to turn Robotech into a live action movie. Toby Maguire of Spider-Man fame has signed on to produce the film through his new production company called Maguire Entertainment.

Sci Fi is also reporting that Warner Brothers intends to turn Robotech into a franchise to compete with Transformers and that Toby Maguire is possibly going to play the lead role in the film. I have to say I much preferred Robotech to Transformers when I was young, here’s hoping Warner Brothers does Robotech proud.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Legend
09-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Hollywood is so unoriginal that keep making classics into cgi disasters.

BlackAdder
09-09-2007, 08:00 AM
This is going to suck....And i mean really suck...

Robotech is so far ahead of transformers ...im speechless actually. Theres no comparison other then yeah, there both something to do with robots.

Bandyspring
09-09-2007, 09:00 AM
They better not fuck with my boy Roy Fokker dammit!

Trogdor
09-09-2007, 09:04 AM
This is going to suck....And i mean really suck...

Robotech is so far ahead of transformers ...im speechless actually. Theres no comparison other then yeah, there both something to do with robots.

Well, I prefer Transformers over Robotech myself. And Macross was better than RT, but I do feel that this could end up leaving fans with a bitter flavor in their mouths.

Kabuki
09-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Just sit back and be prepared for anything... you have people in Hollywood trying to re-live their youth. All the 80's franchises are fair game.

I'm surprised that Robotech is being made into a film in the States. Last time I checked, ownership rights were in dispute in Japan. I guess they finally got that straight.

Maybe they will finally release Macross Zero here now. Although, I already bought the series on ebay 8) I think all true Robotech fans would enjoy the series.

Macross Zero is an anime prequel OVA (anime titles that are released direct-to-video) to The Super Dimension Fortress Macross consisting of five episodes. It was directed by Shoji Kawamori and produced by Satelight. It is set nine years after the fall of an alien spaceship on Earth and one year before Space War I, the first large-scale extraterrestrial war. The alien space ship, which would later be rebuilt and rechristened SDF-1 Macross, caused the formation of U.N. government and helped trigger the U.N. Wars. Amidst the violence, a U.N. F-14 pilot named Shin Kudo is attacked by strange enemy aircraft that can transform into robots. Crashing down, but surviving, on Mayan Island he learns that this remote island and its peaceful native inhabitants hold a great secret linking them to the alien space ship and would become the focus of the war, whether they like it or not. Roy Focker, a major character from the original Macross also makes an appearance in this series.

As of 2007, there are no plans to officially release the series in English due to legal concerns with the Macross copyright, including but not limited to the original series. According to Tommy Yune of Harmony Gold USA (sub-licensor of the original Macross series and merchandising rights of The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? outside of Japan), the company would have been "willing to let the deal go through" for a possible release by A.D. Vision.

Kabuki
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok, so I was looking for a clip on youtube for Macross Zero, and I found the whole series. Here's the first part. 30:41 long. The series starts off with action. I wish the original series could have been like this. Enjoy.

Macross Zero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S28LoHKIPzE

south ov da border
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
if they make any movie, it should be exo squad. Great show...