PDA

View Full Version : who do u guys think of the new ipod

hwbs
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
:twisted:

stillies77
09-06-2007, 11:55 PM
figures i get a new ipod on july first and the first week of september they bring out a brand new one...what the fuck.

flabbybody
09-07-2007, 04:13 AM
they said on CNBC that the new ipod touch can access the web and send emails, as well as all the music you can download wirelessly.
It sounds like having a high power computer in your pocket smaller than a pack of smokes.
Can I post on HA while I'm looking at all the pretty girls on the # 4 train? Is it a camera phone too?

Legend
09-07-2007, 04:33 AM
This thing will sell like hotcakes so many people wanted those features from the iphone without having to deal with switching phone plans.

Looking 4 Now
09-07-2007, 04:44 AM
I want one

alphanumeric
09-07-2007, 05:05 AM
meh.

TomSelis
09-07-2007, 05:41 AM
It looks slick. I'll probably end up getting one.

Solitary Brother
09-07-2007, 05:52 AM
I got an iphone and the web browsing features are very cool.
I can see whats going on at HA at work!

youcancallmeclaire
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I'll buy an iPod when they come out with one that can hold atleast 200GB.

Right now my digital music collection is 88GB, and I still have more than half of my CD collection left to rip. :/

mbf
09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
It secks

period

biguy4tvtscd
09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't think of it.

I have a 30GB IPod which is currently only half full and more than meets all my "music on the go" needs and desires.

I have zero need to access the web via a tiny little lacking portal like an IPod or a IPhone, or even a Cell Phone. Basically, when I want to access the web, I go to a PC.

I have zero need to send E-Mails "on the go"

I have zero need to download music. I buy CD's and rip them, so no need for wireless d/l functionality.

So, in a nutshell, the new IPod (much like the IPhone) offers nothing I need, and therefore, I neither care, nor think about one.

RangeHova
09-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I was all set to get one until I saw how little music it held. My digital music collection is in the multi terrebyte range, so puttiing all of my msuic on a portable device is not close to possible but my musical moods and desires change far too much for 8 gigs to be enough to staisfy me. I'd be moving and swapping far too much with that device.

If you enjoy video on your iPod 8 gigs is nothing. I don't even think the 30 gig iPods are good for that.

The thing that I do like about it is that the introduction of the Touch has made regular iPods better. The 80 gig is noe a hundred bucks less and they now offer a 160 gig.

sucka4chix
09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Gee, some of you guys want way too much. There are only 1440 minutes
in a day. So if you played 3 minute songs ALL DAY, you could hear a max of
480 songs. Why do you think you need every song you own in a portable? Did you take your entire cd collection with you everytime you left the house, back in the day? What are you doing that you can/need to watch more than a few vids to choose from a day?
It's pretty cool that I can watch several eps of Chappelle's show on a portable (or even hook to a tv) and when I'm done (probably in a WEEK) load some more.

suckseed
09-12-2007, 07:11 PM
figures i get a new ipod on july first and the first week of september they bring out a brand new one...what the fuck.

Sorry to hear that, Stillies. This place would've helped -
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
They were advising against buying an ipod this summer for this very reason.
I know people that have a half dozen or more ipods. You don't always want to take the biggest one, cause then you have to keep your eye on it. What I wonder about is what people who lose theirs do with all the songs they purchase if they didn't opt for the backup. I've got about 50 gigs of music, but it's all from my cd's. At .99 a song, it'd be $2,000 to fill up an 8 gig nano.
No, thanks! I'm amazed people purchase music this way when they can have both for the same price.

Willie Escalade
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
It looks cool, but I won't be getting one. When I need t access my email, I use my cellphone; for music, I have the Creative Zen Vision:M...thirty gigabytes. That's more than enough for me, especially since I have about 8 gigs to go.

Most electronic items a person buy becomes obsolete after a few months.

LINYguy
09-21-2007, 05:37 PM
The new IPOD looks real cool, but they only make them in 8g or 16g. That doesn't compare to the 80g classic IPOD. But, if you are going to use it like a PDA (calander, contacts, online, and some media)and are not looking to store a massive amount of songs, then it would be perfect for you.

CORVETTEDUDE
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
They are GaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!!! :thumbsdown

youcancallmeclaire
09-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Gee, some of you guys want way too much. There are only 1440 minutes
in a day. So if you played 3 minute songs ALL DAY, you could hear a max of
480 songs. Why do you think you need every song you own in a portable? Did you take your entire cd collection with you everytime you left the house, back in the day? What are you doing that you can/need to watch more than a few vids to choose from a day?

1. Not everyone wants to reload the songs on their iPod every single day.
2. Yes, when I was younger, I used to haul about 3-400 CDs around with me all the time. Now I can hold far more on an iPod and it weighs less.
3. Why would I not want my entire collection to choose from? Maybe I am on the bus and I want to hear that indie guy with the banjo singing about turtles, but I can't because my iPod is only 80gb and it wouldn't fit. :(