PDA

View Full Version : Gender Recongnition

dave1x2000
04-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I thought some of you would like to know this, Some information from the UK, Transexuals will be allowed to legally change their recorded gender. This may affect their National Insurance Contributions. The Gender Recognition Act comes into force from April 2005 and allows transexuals to apply to have their acquired gender legally recognised. If the application is successful a gender Recognition Certificate will be issued. The Certificate is a legal document. It gives the date from which the person is to be legally recognised in their acquired gender. This date will be used to consider any rights and responsibilities that are associated with that acquired gender.
Employers given a Gender Recognition Certificate must recognise the person in their acquired gender, and where necessary adjust their National Insurance Contributions liability.

Caleigh
04-07-2005, 05:06 PM
What criteria must the transsexuals fulfill to obtain this card?
I would imagine that SRS is a requirement.

flabbybody
04-08-2005, 12:33 AM
that's a great question Caleigh, but if SRS was the requirement for the certificate, what be so progressive about this policy? For this to be meaningful, a transgendered person should only have to show that he/she is living FULL-TIME in their new gender of choice. I doubt this English guy would be bragging about a Gender Recognition act if it required SRS. dave1x2000, can you clarify?

dave1x2000
04-08-2005, 10:57 AM
As you know i live in the UK so i don't really know what the SRS stands for or means ?? is it like our Inland revenue ??
I work for a Security Company as an Officer Manager so i get all this new legislation come through to me so i will look into this matter for you and i will keep you posted is that ok.

Dina Deluca
04-08-2005, 11:11 AM
well in the U.K it is calles G.R.S
in America it is S.R.S
gender reasignment surgery
i believe that you would have completed
your genital surgery for any bill,act,law to be effective they run things very differently there
they are much stricter there with health care toward woman of trannssexual experience
sorry for anny errors just got home from trannylicious ohh what a hot nite
kisses
Dina Deluca