PDA

View Full Version : iPhone price dropped by $200

Jasadin
09-06-2007, 04:33 AM
I was one of those folks who bought one for 600 bucks.I feel like my picture in under the 'word' fool in the dictionary.All this time I've been justifin' the steep price to all the nay sayers I encounter daily.Thanks Apple.

TheOne1
09-06-2007, 04:39 AM
at least you have a good avatar

Jasadin
09-06-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm just saying that I like to be kissed first.haha

Apparently I paid Apple an extra $200 to top me.

justatransgirl
09-06-2007, 06:38 AM
I feel your pain - Jessica and I just spent $300 on a new phone and laptop wireless card. (We can now use our laptop anywhere there is cell service - so now I can post while driving...) :-)

Heck honey for $200 I'll top you and it'll feel a lot better...

PS - what's the deal with the iPhone batteries? I heard they only last liks 2 hours?

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

RangeHova
09-06-2007, 06:43 AM
It is all apart of jumping on an item first. If you are the first to get anything that new you will pay way too high a price for it.

I'm a gadget freak but I never allow myself to be the first. The prices always drop.

I know guys who paid $1200 for DVD burners only to watch them get sold for $200 a year later.

ottorocket
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

Falrune
09-06-2007, 07:22 AM
I was one of those folks who bought one for 600 bucks.I feel like my picture in under the 'word' fool in the dictionary.All this time I've been justifin' the steep price to all the nay sayers I encounter daily.Thanks Apple.

I've always have preferred and used Macs, but I never bought Apple's Newton, I see no need for an iPod, and have no desire for an iPhone.

I think they're making a huge blunder in customer relations by dropping their prices so rapidly. This was not a standard drop in the price of technology, instead, it was because they over-estimated the demand for an iPhone. They had over-hyped the iPhone, and had customers thinking it was some kind of Playstation 3 or whatever. But they still had many units in storage, so they fooled the customers into feeling that there might be a shortage, but there was no shortage... there was a surplus. Anyway, my condolences

CORVETTEDUDE
09-06-2007, 07:40 AM
FREE isn't cheap enough!

ARMANIXXX
09-06-2007, 07:58 AM

But you were an early adopter, and as such, your benefit was being "the first one the block" with an Iphone.
To some, that is worth the extra money.

*shrug*

Jasadin
09-06-2007, 12:57 PM
But you were an early adopter, and as such, your benefit was being "the first one the block" with an Iphone.
To some, that is worth the extra money.

*shrug*

Yeah,I guess I wasn't expecting it to drop so fast.I waiting a few weeks before I even shelled out the dough but dam..........I mean why not give a bottle of iLube with each purchase?haha :lol:

partlycloudy
09-06-2007, 11:57 PM
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

BeardedOne
09-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah,I guess I wasn't expecting it to drop so fast.I waiting a few weeks before I even shelled out the dough but dam..........I mean why not give a bottle of iLube with each purchase?haha

Bend over, here's your upgrade. :shock:

Other than that, Ms. J., Where the hell ya been?

Ecstatic
09-07-2007, 12:50 AM
So it's only twice as expensive as it should be, and not 3x?

rawrr
09-07-2007, 01:05 AM
The Iphone is still pointless, just another crappy Apple made product. If you want a good MP3 player I would suggest Creative, much better than Ipods.

whatislove
09-07-2007, 02:58 AM

Dang they just gifted you $100 back...

BigTime
09-07-2007, 06:21 AM
where have you been the last 20 years, all tech products do this. you wait a while for them to work all of the wrinkles out, people are no longer that wowed, and prices will drop.

qeuqheeg222
09-07-2007, 08:22 AM
yeah i dont know why people get the buying frenzy right off the bat..remember when the camera cellphones were goin for 200-300..now they give you one with a contract..patience consumers...patience...