PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Norris could take em all for sure.

ARMANIXXX
09-01-2007, 06:40 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20523643/?GT1=10252

Updated: 5:04 a.m. ET Aug. 31, 2007

BEIJING - China’s Shaolin Temple, the cradle of Chinese kung fu, is demanding an apology from an Internet user who said its monks had once been beaten in unarmed combat by a Japanese ninja, Chinese media reported on Friday.

Shaolin Temple, in the northern province of Henan, became famous in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang ”Grasshopper” Caine in the 1970s “Kung Fu” TV series.

Ninjas — professional assassins trained in martial arts — date back to medieval Japan.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

“The so-called defeat is purely fabricated, and we demand the Internet user to apologize to the whole nation for the wrongs he or she did,” the Beijing News said, citing a notice announced by a lawyer for the Shaolin monks.

Emotions running high
Relations between Chinese and Japanese are sensitive at the best of times, with emotions still running high over Japan’s invasion and occupation of parts of China in the first half of the 20th Century.

The Internet user, calling themselves “Five Minutes Every Day,” said on an online forum last week that a Japanese ninja came to Shaolin, asked for a fight and many monks failed to beat him, the newspaper said.

Click to vote
Live Vote: Could a ninja beat a bunch of Shaolin monks?

“The facts that the monks could not defeat a Japanese ninja showed that they were named as kung fu masters in vain,” the Internet user was quoted as saying in the post.

The Shaolin Temple “strongly condemned the horrible deeds” of the user, the newspaper said.

“It is not only extremely irresponsible behavior with respect to the Shaolin Temple and its monks, but also to the whole martial art and Chinese nation,” it quoted the monks as saying.

Falrune
09-01-2007, 06:46 PM
"Five Minutes Every Day," the poster who started this, must be Korean, LOL. :D

evilash
09-02-2007, 05:28 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20523643/?GT1=10252

Updated: 5:04 a.m. ET Aug. 31, 2007

BEIJING - China�s Shaolin Temple, the cradle of Chinese kung fu, is demanding an apology from an Internet user who said its monks had once been beaten in unarmed combat by a Japanese ninja, Chinese media reported on Friday.

Shaolin Temple, in the northern province of Henan, became famous in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang �Grasshopper� Caine in the 1970s �Kung Fu� TV series.

Ninjas � professional assassins trained in martial arts � date back to medieval Japan.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

�The so-called defeat is purely fabricated, and we demand the Internet user to apologize to the whole nation for the wrongs he or she did,� the Beijing News said, citing a notice announced by a lawyer for the Shaolin monks.

Emotions running high
Relations between Chinese and Japanese are sensitive at the best of times, with emotions still running high over Japan�s invasion and occupation of parts of China in the first half of the 20th Century.

The Internet user, calling themselves �Five Minutes Every Day,� said on an online forum last week that a Japanese ninja came to Shaolin, asked for a fight and many monks failed to beat him, the newspaper said.

Click to vote
Live Vote: Could a ninja beat a bunch of Shaolin monks?

�The facts that the monks could not defeat a Japanese ninja showed that they were named as kung fu masters in vain,� the Internet user was quoted as saying in the post.

The Shaolin Temple �strongly condemned the horrible deeds� of the user, the newspaper said.

�It is not only extremely irresponsible behavior with respect to the Shaolin Temple and its monks, but also to the whole martial art and Chinese nation,� it quoted the monks as saying.Yo those monks have to either put up or shut up....Yeahyah!!!, Man i thought they were all about peace why they lettin this bother them? You know da ninja gone done win.

daltx_m
09-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Smith and Wesson makes all of them equal.

NewYorker
09-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Emotions running high
Relations between Chinese and Japanese are sensitive at the best of times, with emotions still running high over Japan’s invasion and occupation of parts of China in the first half of the 20th Century.

The China/Japan Martial arts rivalry has been going on forever. It's True that Japan's military invasion in 1937 has caused allot of left over animosity and hard feelings over the years which has intensified that rivalry. It's often been a recurring theme in many of the old martial arts flicks made in Hong Kong.

a Japanese ninja came to Shaolin, asked for a fight and many monks failed to beat him, the newspaper said.

MANY of the Monks failed but not all of them? It wouldn't be surprising, if someone in Japan is going to send a Ninja to fight Shaolin monks it stands to reason they they would send one of their best. I would expect him to possibly defeat some of the more mediocre monk fighters but then lose to some of the Shaolin temple's best.

It's all good, a Korean martial arts champion back in the 1950's both China and Japan's leading martial artists, which included a ninja and shaolin monk if I remember right. Check out the movie "Fighter in the Wind" if you want more info.

NewYorker
09-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Smith and Wesson makes all of them equal.

Not really. The whole point of ninjitsu is stealth. YOu've got to see someone coming in order to shoot them.

hondarobot
09-02-2007, 07:39 PM
That article had a great idea for a television series in it:

"Shaolin Temple Lawyer :!:" Chow Yun Fat could play the title roll, and Chuck Norris could be a shadowy drifter with a questionable past. Godzilla would appear in the roll of The Ninja.

Somebody get the Shaw brothers on the phone.

NewYorker
09-02-2007, 08:31 PM

"Shaolin Temple Lawyer :!:" Chow Yun Fat could play the title roll, and Chuck Norris could be a shadowy drifter with a questionable past. Godzilla would appear in the roll of The Ninja.

Aren't the Shaw brothers all dead at this point? Besides Gordon Liu would have to be the lawyer or at very least the client.

Falrune
09-02-2007, 08:37 PM

Aren't the Shaw brothers all dead at this point? Besides Gordon Liu would have to be the lawyer or at very least the client.

Godzilla - he's dead, right? He dissolved when that one-eyed scientist put some gizmo in the water

hondarobot
09-02-2007, 08:40 PM

Godzilla - he's dead, right? He dissolved when that one-eyed scientist put some gizmo in the water

I like Gordon Liu being the client. He'd have to disrupt the trial at some point by demonstrating his "flowing beard" kung fu style.

I'm not sure if the Shaw brothers are dead or not. They probably faked their deaths and are all living in some monkey god monestary now.

Godzilla is, in fact, dead. But he's pulled himself together and fought back from the grave before, so I wouldn't count him out just yet.

NewYorker
09-02-2007, 11:03 PM

I like Gordon Liu being the client. He'd have to disrupt the trial at some point by demonstrating his "flowing beard" kung fu style.

I'm not sure if the Shaw brothers are dead or not. They probably faked their deaths and are all living in some monkey god monestary now.

Godzilla is, in fact, dead. But he's pulled himself together and fought back from the grave before, so I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Godzilla died in End Wars but he'll be back soon since they're doing a Godzilla 3D movie.

CORVETTEDUDE
09-02-2007, 11:26 PM
OK, everyboby in the world is a frickin' Bad Ass. Bullshit...the ONLY real Bad Ass is "Mother Nature"!!! Fuck with her and see how far you get!

NewYorker
09-03-2007, 12:19 AM
OK, everyboby in the world is a frickin' Bad Ass. Bullshit...the ONLY real Bad Ass is "Mother Nature"!!! Fuck with her and see how far you get!

I don't know, we've fucked her up pretty good.

CORVETTEDUDE
09-03-2007, 01:05 AM

New Yorker, in a way you're right. We've landed a few right crosses. But, I'm tellin' you, these weather and temperature patterns aren't changing because we've gotten the better of her. She in in the slow but permanent process of showing the abusive human population, that we have fucked with her long enough.

Falrune
09-03-2007, 01:24 AM
New Yorker, in a way you're right. We've landed a few right crosses. But, I'm tellin' you, these weather and temperature patterns aren't changing because we've gotten the better of her. She in in the slow but permanent process of showing the abusive human population, that we have fucked with her long enough.

Mr. Corvette dude... yoo hoo!!! :D

Corvette 16 mpg city/24 mpg hwy (automatic)
Corvette 16 mpg city/26 mpg hwy (stick)

FREEFALLL666
09-03-2007, 02:47 AM

New Yorker, in a way you're right. We've landed a few right crosses. But, I'm tellin' you, these weather and temperature patterns aren't changing because we've gotten the better of her. She in in the slow but permanent process of showing the abusive human population, that we have fucked with her long enough.Funny how the same scientists who were saying that we were gonna be in an Ice Age by early 2000 are now saying we are causing Global Warming. Funny how they get $billions for research which involves trips to 5 star hotels and luxury resorts.

Falrune
09-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Funny how the same scientists who were saying that we were gonna be in an Ice Age by early 2000 are now saying we are causing Global Warming. Funny how they get $billions for research which involves trips to 5 star hotels and luxury resorts.

Why yes. And we apparently are causing so much havoc, currently, even Mars and Neptune are showing signs of global warming. I think some of the scientific community is disputing the significance of this warming trend and the role of man in it.

NewYorker
09-03-2007, 02:59 AM

I don't know, I kind of get the impression we've knifed her and she's starting to bleed out slowly.

NewYorker
09-03-2007, 03:01 AM

New Yorker, in a way you're right. We've landed a few right crosses. But, I'm tellin' you, these weather and temperature patterns aren't changing because we've gotten the better of her. She in in the slow but permanent process of showing the abusive human population, that we have fucked with her long enough.Funny how the same scientists who were saying that we were gonna be in an Ice Age by early 2000 are now saying we are causing Global Warming. Funny how they get $billions for research which involves trips to 5 star hotels and luxury resorts.

Really? because everything I've seen seems to suggest that it involves trips to the antartic to drill holes.

hondarobot
09-03-2007, 03:45 AM
The thread has, in true HA tradition, gone from angry Shaolin monks to global warming. Godzilla was thrown in for good measure along the way.

This, gentlemen, is yet another reason why we are the coolest forum on the net.

:rock2

BrendaQG
09-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Hired a lawyer? If they really wanted to prove their prowess they would challenge Japans best Ninja to mortal combat.

NewYorker
09-03-2007, 04:05 AM
Hired a lawyer? If they really wanted to prove their prowess they would challenge Japans best Ninja to mortal combat.

They did but the ninjas were too busy fighting priate to come.