PDA

View Full Version : HA members with their pet photos

KiraHarden
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
It would be fun to see HA members with the animals they love or have loved in photos, and something quirky the pet does

mbf
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
i wish i still had my cat "vitus" a fat grey cat. lazy as i am. died in 2002 :(

kira, nice pix!

tsntx
09-01-2007, 04:45 AM
jazmyn

tonkatoy
09-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Smart Bart

peggygee
09-01-2007, 05:23 AM
This is Felix the cat.

He has sex with my teddy bears. :oops:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/felix15x7.jpg

4star4
09-01-2007, 05:26 AM
I love Jazmyn!! tsntx, your JRT is so cute. I'll post a picture of me with Katie, (I've told you about her before)... She's my little JRT! Hopefully I will be able to have a friend take a picture of Katie and me. BTW: You and Jaz are looking good as always!

evilash
09-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeahyah!!! chek it!!!

BBaggins06
09-02-2007, 11:49 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/BBaggins06/DOG05.jpg

Be nice to her because she's 13 and still going on strong. She can still jump over 2 feet in the air. It's a pretty old pic though. She's got lots more gray hair now. :) Mahalo

Matt

PS. AHHH!! I thought Jazmyn was going to jump through my screen and lick my face off ....

Ecstatic
09-03-2007, 12:07 AM
I have no pics of me with my cats, but here they are: the black one is Gilgamesh and the white one is Jasmine; they are sisters and now 13 years old.
They get along great, though their personalities are so very different to one another. Jasmine does a similar thing with water: she slaps the water in the bowl
with her paw before she drinks it. She's about as graceful as a drunken moose; when she jumps on a table, anything that's on that table is apt to fall on the
floor. Gilgy on the other hand is very graceful (despite being the larger cat at 12 pounds--they're female Maine coon mutts) and can walk between wine
glasses without knocking them over. You can guess from the photo that Jazz is Jasmine's knickname. She actually does "play" the piano: she likes to jump on
our baby grand's keyboard and make dissonant chords. Gilgy though is a music critic: when I'm playing the guitar, if I'm playing well (I'm not very good), she'll
curl up next to me, but if I'm playing badly, she'll get up and walk out.

The copper & brown cat is Siddhartha, who shared her life with me from when she was a few weeks old in 1976 to her passing in 1993. She was the most intelligent
feline I've ever known; she learned everything the first time. She could unlock and escape from a cat carrier with double locks which is supposedly catproof;
we used to carry her to the vet in our arms and set her down on the bench. The vet never minded because she knew Sid would be good, no matter how many
dogs came by. She would go for long walks (miles) with me, running ahead and lingering behind but always within about 30 feet.

The best story: one time we went away for a few days and I left several bowls out with Tender Vittles in them, covered with plastic plates she could knock off.
When we returned, we found all the bowls with the lids off and half-full of dried-out food, so we figured she knocked them all off the first day. A few months later
we went away again, and decided to try the bowl trick one more time. When we returned, we found three empty bowls, one half-full and still tender, and
three still covered. Not only had she figured out that knocking the lids off dries out the food (causal analysis in a cat?), but she remembered this lesson from a
single experience several months before. From then on, we left food for her that way, and she always had fresh food.

ossumpeiEIEIO
09-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Rockie;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

BBaggins06
09-03-2007, 03:39 AM
I think Rocky's tongue is photoshopped ...

Eklipse
09-03-2007, 04:38 AM
I have a German Shepard just like that.

ossumpeiEIEIO
09-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Sorry, no photo shop, its all him.

BeardedOne
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I think Rocky's tongue is photoshopped ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A couple of my creatures are shown below. The white one is the survivor of a pair that came with my house (Sort of a Welcome Wagon kinda thing). The tiger arrived on the porch one day and dropped kittens all over the place. I found homes for the kittens and the tiger moved in (Half in, half out, she likes to climb up on the roof when she gets bored). The black and white one is a stray that adopted the girls that lived with me for a couple of years. After they moved out, he continued to camp on the porch for a couple more years. When the kittens came, he bolted after a fight with the momma and has only been seen a couple of time in the last year. This pic was taken sometime in April, the last time he showed up.

There are also about a half dozen local strays that come and go including two that sleep on my front porch and one that looks like Hitler (Aptly named 'Adolph' by the neighbors).

In the end, it's really all about the pussy.

Ecstatic
09-03-2007, 05:48 PM
In the end, it's really all about the pussy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what's the most unusual pet anyone owns?

TsVanessa69
09-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Sad news
My baby passed this morning.
it was sudden

Ecstatic
09-03-2007, 07:58 PM
So sorry to hear that, Vanessa. One of the saddest days of my life was when I had to let Sid go 14 years ago. She had developed an intestinal tumor which was nearly inoperable at her age (going on 17), and at that age the anesthesia could have killed her. So my wife and I stayed with her as the vet put her to sleep, until she was gone. She was very serene through the whole thing, almost as if she understood what was happening.

hiwatt1000
09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
...here's mine...Irish Setter, Molly...1.5 years...these are the only dogs I've ever had through life...great dogs and the closest I'll come to a redhead, again...

BBaggins06
09-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Sad news
My baby passed this morning.
it was sudden

I'm sorry to hear that Vanessa. How long were you two together? I know I'm dreading the day that I have to let go of my girl, Peanut. I've lived with her for over 12 years. Take care V. Mahalo

Matt

ed_jaxon
09-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Vanessa,

I am so sorry on the loss of your pet. Animals are very special to us and it hurts like hell when we lose them.

I hope you find comfort in the good memories.

Ed

lewdguppy
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
looks like imageshack fucked up my pix :cry:

The Guardian
09-08-2007, 06:26 AM
My Babies

The Guardian
09-08-2007, 07:04 AM
She loves fishing

redtiger
09-19-2007, 06:09 AM
My Siamese cats; Buster and Sugar. Buster is around 12 yrs old and Sugar, a recent addition to ourhousehold, is about 3 yrs old.

Somedude21
09-19-2007, 06:32 AM
I've got two cats now that are mine. My roommates each have one cat to theirselves, bringing the total amount of felines in our apartment to four. :P

Here's my cats. The first one was taken with my own crappy cell phone camera. The other two were taken with my roommate's digital camera. All are from his album.

Yuki, as a kitten.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/herbg/UkiKitten.jpg

Yuki not so long ago.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/herbg/PICT0006.jpg

And my other cat, Rei.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/herbg/Rei.jpg

Somedude21
09-19-2007, 06:33 AM
And this one just for shits and (hopefully) giggles:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/herbg/MyCatturday.jpg