PDA

View Full Version : Gphone.........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-31-2007, 03:42 AM
http://www.gadgetspy.co.uk/wp-content/photos/google_phone.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hondarobot
08-31-2007, 04:01 AM
It's too early to make a call, around early 2010 I bet things will be closer to solid on this front. For early bets, I'd say Apple with the phones, not sure about service providers. Killer App (who knows what that will be?) due in around Q2 2009. Most likely we'll see massive mergers very soon.

Just painting in broad strokes here. Who knows? Be prepared for surprises.

:wink:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-31-2007, 04:10 AM
Google Inc has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in its cell phone project and is courting U.S. and European mobile operators according to The Wall Street Journal.

Google has also developed prototype phones and talked over technical specifications with manufacturers including LG Electronics, but finally gone with Taiwan’s High Tech Computer (HTC) Corp to design a Linux software-based phone for launch in the first quarter of 2008.

HTC have been responsible for a large number of Microsoft Windows powered devices over the years, and make some great speced hardware - just pitty the Windows Mobile OS crashes.

Sources are saying T-Mobile, owned by Deutsche Telekom , would likely be Google’s U.S. partner with France Telecom’s Orange selling the phones in other markets.

Mobile advertising is still a relatively small market but advertisers and wireless experts expect this to change when Google’s phone launches with the new funding model. Interesting times are coming in 2008…

skepticism was there for the iphone too

as an HTC user I'm thrilled, even if that shit looks just like the HTC Touch that I really really must have

it'd be nice to see Google jump in the mix, consider the free office software thrown in, hehe

Jericho
08-31-2007, 04:39 AM
with France Telecom’s Orange selling the phones in other markets.

Nooooooooooooooooo, any provider but those arse sucking slime rats, Orange! :x