PDA

View Full Version : Life, The Universe, And Everything

hondarobot
04-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Pope John Paul II has died. I'm not Catholic or even consider myself a religious person at all, but I'm sure many people here do.

So with that in mind, I thought I'd post something that I had posted earlier on another site, realted to the whole "spiritual/God" realm. (it recieved no feedback there, beyond a guy interested in talking about "crystals").

Just another topic to talk about:

(This story in no way condones teenage drug use, but my experiences always worked out for me :))

Here's a story:

Me and my friends, 17 years old, got the opportunity to drop acid for
the first time. We scored, drove out to a lake access/park type deal
and put the little tabs of paper in our mouths.

The next few hours gradually became a completely mad adventure, mostly horrible,
but it was pretty damn interesting and really funny at times.

The whole thing wound down with myself, my friends Mike and Randy
lying in a hastily set-up tent. I was freaking out, Randy was moaning
in the corner, and Mike was saying "I'm thinking up new geometric
shapes!" Then he grabs each side of the tent and announces "Look, I
can make the tent breath! It's like we're inside a huge lung!"

AHHHHHH!!!

I freaked out and got the hell out of there. Made my way to our friend
Jay's shitty old Camaro (to this day, I don't know where Jay was
during this time).

I locked the doors and curled up in the front seat, hoping for
everything to return to normal.

BAM!

Suddenly the world has gone away and I'm in the middle of some crazy,
swiss cheese type labyrinth.

Out of one of the "tunnels" comes this little spark-like wisp of light, like
tinkerbell or something.

It talked to me.

Not in some dramatic, otherworldly kinda way, just kinda like a pretty cool guy.

"Hey! You're freaking out right now. You're safe here. Just calm
down."

It zipped away and I faded out, waking up some time later.

I got out of the car, saw my friend Jay (finally) standing on a hill
looking up at the sky.

I walked up next to him, we're still both "post acid" and not talking,
and I looked up. We saw the stars just as the sun was rising, and we
watched as they faded away and the morning arrived.

It was very weird, but I really do think something, I guess, beyond
the norm talked to me (Hey, I'm the first to admit that sounds
crazy).

It's just something that's always stuck with me, but it was most
likely just the results of teenage drug experimentation (I did acid
once more after that, "sparky" didn't come back).

Anybody else have any weird, possibly metaphysical experiences?

Slither
04-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Back in the early to mid 90's I was working as a lighting designer and touring with some rock bands. I had gotten kind of out of control and was strung out on all types of shit like most of the crew and musicians were.

I was on tour with a band who shall remain nameless, and that point I had begun slamming(injecting) cocaine. One of the crew guys asks me if I want to experience something amazing, so I say yeah, he had me slam some solution of coke and water. Then he told me to look at this picture(either picture or painting, I forget which) of like this beast/dragon type of thing.

All of the sudden after slamming it hits me like a mack truck, and an angel appeared out of the picture, it was insane. It had wings and was like flying around in front of my face. It was like one of those 3D movies, where you get the 3D glasses and it looks like everything is about to hit you in the face but it doesn't, this went on for a little while until the angel just dissolved. It was crazy shit.

Ecstatic
04-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Hondarobot, I wouldn't know where to start, and if I did, I'd write a book--in several volumes. Child of the 60s; dropped acid innumerable times; smoked an acre of weed, hash, and hash oil. I've also been practicing yoga and meditation for 35 years (I meditate about a half hour every day) and have spent time with some very heavy dudes (Muktananda, Gurumayi, the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hahn, many others--never thought I'd mention them in a TS forum!) which have evoked some very intense experiences.

Sex, too, is connected to it all: Freud and Tantric Yoga are not so far apart, after all. Orgasm is spiritual enlightenment of the lower body and mind (the 6th and 7th chakras if you're into that), while samadhi is enlightenment of the higher mind (the heart, third eye, and crown centers), but all partaking of the same energy in different manifestation.

I had an acid trip similar to what you describe, though I reveled in it at the time (it was perhaps my 30th or 40th trip, lol); my friend and I took the LSD optically and the visual trip was incredible. It was night, and at one point we were walking under high tension wires and we both witnessed the same greenish sparking entity hanging out around one of the towers. I'm sure that it was a subtle but physical presence of electricity (and perhaps that tower needed servicing), but the impression was intense.

hondarobot
04-03-2005, 05:41 AM
Hey Ecstatic, sounds like you've experienced some pretty heavy stuff! I don't know who those other people are (I'll google 'em) but meeting the Dalai Lama. . .intense!

What I know about the topic extends about as far as understanding what the Charkras are all about, and I'm not even real clear on that :)

As far as you and your friend seeing the "electrical entity", my second acid trip had a similar theme.

(I'm not sure how welcome "drug stories" are here, so I'll stop after this):

A whole bunch of my friends and I were throwing a party while our friend Mike's parents were out of town. Pot smoking and beer drinking were, naturally, the main themes but there was also a small amount of acid in circulation.

The central "core" of our group divided it up and dropped. Things were going great but the beer wasn't tasting so good after awhile, so my friend Troy and I offered to go to the local roadhouse-type bar and pick up some soda.

We got in his truck and started driving, the bar was only a few minutes away. Halfway along the journey, the lighting inside the truck started to become weird. It was like a powerful strobe light was going off. Neither of us said anything for awhile, trying to ignore the whole deal, but then suddenly Troy starts yelling:

"Look at me! Look at me!"

The last thing I wanted to do at that moment was do as he requested, but I couldn't help myself. I slowly turned my neck to the left, and saw it-

Troy had turned into a glowing skeleton!

And to make things worse, he made a point to scream it out:

"Holy shit! I'm a fuckin skeleton!"

We arrived at the bar, went inside (Troy was "back to normal" now) and walked past the "good-old-boy" patrons. We approached the brightly glowing soda cooler, opened the door and I reached in for a six pack.

Unfortunately, all the cans were loose and spilled out all over the floor. The people at the bar watched silently as two long haired, mid-80's "metal-guy" teenagers slowly bent over and picked up all the spilled cans off the floor while quietly mumbling to each other "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit."

Crazy story. The last time I saw Troy, after a few beers, we brought up the "skeleton story". I'm not sure how those things happen.

P.S. the Angel story was pretty cool too, Slither

Ecstatic
04-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I could write 100s of pages of my experiences, but I don't think this is the right forum for that. But a little recognition of the interrelatedness of psychedelia, spirituality (of the kundalini type), and our psychological and sexual nature enhances the whole, I think. That skeleton story is wild. I had given up all drugs long before the mid-80s, and I think rightfully because there came changes in designer drugs which I'm not sure I would have wanted to experience. Back in the day we had LSD, pharmaceuticals, and organics (mescaline, peyote, psilocybin), coke but not crack...it was a different scene.

Tantra reveals a lot about the nature of both sexuality and spirituality, and heightening one heightens the other. Male multiple orgasm, extenuated orgasm, deep meditative states: our psycho-physical selves are amazing.

And then there are times when I just want a beer and a good fuck. :)

Lobo
04-03-2005, 07:37 AM
If you can find it, Peyote is a fuckin' mind bender.
Everyone I know, including myself saw skulls when on this shit.
It's the one thing almost everybody says they see while on this stuff, skulls everywhere :twisted: !

thatguy
04-04-2005, 03:09 AM
Well there was the time in the 90's where I bought some microdots off of a kiwi in Roppongi, went on river-quest and almost scaled the Emperor's enclave, but that is another story entirely.

At any rate, the power to affect someone (thousand mile stare, anyone?) is the scariest thing with that stuff. What you see and learn is never forgotten. No one should ever dose without trusted company, comfortable surroundings or an experienced hand. And yes, at the story above I was the experienced hand.