PDA

View Full Version : Webcams!! Happy Naked Fun Time!

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Please help me out here. :)
I would like to maybe start a webcam thingy, but as geeky as I am, I know absolutely nothing about them. I have never used one, I guess because I never had a good reason to.

I have a few questions.. If anyone could answer any of them, I would be really happy.

First of all...

1. What are some good sites for nakey webcam action?

2. Do any of them pay? How much?

3. Do any girls put webcams on their personal sites?

4. With a webcam, does my computer act as the distribution point for all the streams, or are there servers that do that? I have a good internet connection (900k/s), but I am just wondering how that kind of load is handled from the machine.

5. What are some decent, not too expensive cams? I would like one with decent resolution and framerates. What kind of software is associated with them? For Macs? (even though most peripherals are compatible both ways these days)

6. Do I need a really fast computer? It doesn't seem like I would, because of the low quality... but I would really like to set it up on my iMac G3 instead of my super awesome powermac G4. The iMac is 500mhz and (when I get around to it) will have 1GB of ram. Would that be enough to host a cam? I'm asking because I would really prefer to set it up in the bedroom instead of the living room where my main computer is. That, and the iMac is much quieter.

7. Can I record the streams?

That's all I can think of right now.
Halp?

<3
Claire

whatislove
08-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Do you have a video camera? Because video cameras with firewire can be used, and they are good to excellent quality. Maybe someone will sell you their's because it eats tapes?

Not so sure about the software for webcams, I know you cant use ichat on a g3 however.

I heard one of the girls who posts does webcam whoring, so yes it pays.

Also better lighting helps...

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-to-improve-your-cheapo-webcams.html

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Do you have a video camera? Because video cameras with firewire can be used, and they are good to excellent quality. Maybe someone will sell you their's because it eats tapes?

Not so sure about the software for webcams, I know you cant use ichat on a g3 however.

I heard one of the girls who posts does webcam whoring, so yes it pays.

Also better lighting helps...

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-to-improve-your-cheapo-webcams.html

Looks like there is a fix for the G3 issue. I don't know if I would want to use iChat anyway. I really don't care for it.

And you know, I just remembered... I think my digital camera has a webcam mode. I should go check on that. :)

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Wait, no. Nevermind. Apparently the cable I need is MIA somewhere. :?

Chaotic
08-30-2007, 05:08 AM
I was hoping for some new nakie Claire pics here! Ah well! :shrug

Good luck with the webcam thing!

domme
08-30-2007, 08:30 PM
we want teh piercing pix
we want teh piercing pix
we want teh piercing pix

!!!

buster
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
1. ImLive, LiveJasmin, Ifriends, etc.

2. Some performers told me that ImLive pays them 35% of what they make. Most girls on imlive charge $1.98 per minute, some charge $2.80 and a few go up to $3.80. Don't know anything about ifriends or livejasmin.

3. I think vicki had a cam on her personal site, not sure though. DeliaCD performs on Camz and posts edited recordings of those shows on her own site. Kayla Long and Arelia Blue offer webcam services Tasha Jones Productions offers a lot of webcam shows, but I don't know if that fits your definition of "personal" site

4. I don't know, but most of the streams from Imlive have been pretty bad. There are a few girls that have good connections and nice cams, though - so I'm guessing better equipment makes a difference even though the user's stream is always low-ish resolution.

5. No idea.

6. No idea.

7. Might depend on what you use, but most decent software should allow this.

I hope this helps :)