PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate 4x4's or SUV's...

Falrune
08-28-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm surprised they'd even sell in England (or in Europe, for that matter). Personally, I dislike driving behind them; but their size and fuel-ineffiency may be justified for some families (usually not, though). Anyway, I dislike them mainly because they obstruct my vision.

Still, my greatest road rage is aimed at Volvos. Especially the Diesel models. They are one car traffic jams on our freeways, LOL. They always have hundreds of cars behind them and about a quarter mile open road ahead of them. :wink:

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 06:25 AM
I was driving on the highway at night recently and saw the silhouette of what I thought was an armored bank truck, but as it got closer I realized it was an H2.
I hate seeing any vehicle like that in a city, just like I hate seeing those wheels that spin when the car stops moving. :(

Whee, let's waste some gas by adding a bunch of unnecessary weight to our cars.

dan_drade
08-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Hey now,
Easy on the wheelers. I happen to have a wheeler and I love it. But I do understand some of the complaints. It is a real pain in the ass to have some guy in a Hummer taking up two parking spaces in a crowded parking lo (in my opinion, he should be giving a hummer and not driving one), and having to drive behind some stupid woman and her only child making a gazillion point U turn in a busy intersection, only to leave me hanging in the intersection when the light turns red. That just pisses me off.

The only people that should drive a wheeler are those that go wheeling. If you are just a mom or dad that has to cart the kids around, go out and get a fucking minivan. It's easier for them to drive, gets better gas milage and is much easier for morons to park and turn in.

NOW THATS A WHEELER :P :P :P :P

SarahG
08-28-2007, 07:10 AM
The H2 is just plain pathetic in my book, it isn't even a real hummer... it's just a pickup chassis with a body made to look "kinda if you're drunk and squinting" like a hummer.

Most those owners haven't a clue they could have gotten a mil surplus one for less than the cost of alot of these newer ones. When I was in HS one of the guys I went to school with got one for 25k, very cool toys.

dan_drade
08-28-2007, 07:16 AM
The H2 is just plain pathetic in my book, it isn't even a real hummer... it's just a pickup chassis with a body made to look "kinda if you're drunk and squinting" like a hummer.

Most those owners haven't a clue they could have gotten a mil surplus one for less than the cost of alot of these newer ones. When I was in HS one of the guys I went to school with got one for 25k, very cool toys.

You make a great point there. But let's face it, the guys that drive hummers don't buy them for what they can do, they buy them for what they are. It's a mine is bigger than yours thing.

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm one of those big American fat guys(6'2'' - 290 lbs). I need head room, shoulder room, a large captain's chair for my huge ass, and enough horsepower to pull me up a hill. That's why I drive a full size Chevy 4x4.

I live in LA and the people that I hate are the assholes in BMWs that dart in and out of traffic and old Iranian women in giant Mercedes' that back up into the street without looking.

alphanumeric
08-28-2007, 07:42 AM
well I just have to say that I enjoy 4x4ing myself, although I haven't done much of it for years. but I did it in an 85' 2 wheeled drive 6 cyl jimmy. and i went on some really rough roads, and only got stuck once.

As for the hummer, I did flat deck hauling in the states once and had to haul three hummers from california back to texas on a flat deck, and I jokingly asked the Sgt. in charge if it would be ok if one of them "accidentally" fell off my truck

he just looked at me for a moment and said "That wouldn't be a very good idea..." well I guess if the army wanted you to have a sense of humour they'd have issued you one :lol:

goldtop
08-28-2007, 09:39 AM
so you hate big cars and you hate little cars

nice one

tsntx
08-28-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm one of those big American fat guys(6'2'' - 290 lbs). I need head room, shoulder room, a large captain's chair for my huge ass, and enough horsepower to pull me up a hill. That's why I drive a full size Chevy 4x4.

I live in LA and the people that I hate are the assholes in BMWs that dart in and out of traffic and old Iranian women in giant Mercedes' that back up into the street without looking.

uh... no.

the biggest prob in LA ... and i should know i spent a whole 5 days there... lol... is that yall actually ALLOW motorcyclists to drive between traffic at 60 miles an hour.... that shits crazy! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 10:21 AM

uh... no.

the biggest prob in LA ... and i should know i spent a whole 5 days there... lol... is that yall actually ALLOW motorcyclists to drive between traffic at 60 miles an hour.... that shits crazy! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I hate when motorcycles split lanes. Is that illegal in Texas? It should be.

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 10:44 AM
People passing on the shoulders. I don't know what the laws are elsewhere, but it's fucking illegal here and yet everyone gets away with it, half the time almost killing someone in the process. Like me.
And people who don't signal. I hate you.

Master_A
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM
i saw on top gear that 4wd in the uk out sold all other cars, its like it world wide, fucking soccer mums with their precious lil bastard kids, love it when you see on the news about some kid getting run over by the family 4wd.

i hate them, what i dont get, if i had a dollar for every tranny i have meet from usa who had a red neck mobile/pick up/truck as they call them id be a millionaire.

what the hell is with trannies in the usa and red neck mobiles.

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't know. I drive a Cavalier. It's always spotless.
No gun racks, no deer on the hood, no american flags painted on the back window, no support our troops magnets...

I do keep a machete under the driver's seat though. :twisted:

CORVETTEDUDE
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
All you two-wheelers and 2wd/fwder's, Look out, I'm comin' thru!!!

PhillyTSlover
08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Why waste your hate on SUV's? If you can afford to drive one, and afford the shitty gas mileage, who cares?

I drive a Nissan Pathfinder LE that gets about 15mpg combined. Best car I've ever owned. It's roomy without being huge, I can carry up to 35 bags of mulch in it (done it before), and it's killer in the snow. I live at the bottom of a steep hill, and they always plow my car in, with like 3' of snow. Instead of spending 3 hours digging out, I can just put the Pathfinder in 4wd L and bust my way out.

SUV's ROCK!

tonkatoy
08-28-2007, 04:02 PM
What I hate are all the doctors and lawyers and other urban professionals who decided they needed to drive 3/4 and ton pickups, then complained enough about the ride (empty of course) that the big three started to really wuss out on undercarriage. So if you need a truck to actually work out of the first thing you have to do is replace/add springs and do other modifications to make it acceptable. I find it amazing that they even make a F-350 crew cab with a short bed, albeit single wheel model. I have to say though, all in all I heart my truck, there I said it. But I view most SUV's like a lot of people here do, they are wasteful on many levels, and many of the people who have them don't need them, so they wind up dragging all the weight of a 4 wheel drive vehicle around all the time, and there is a good chance it will never get used.

TSCURIOUS
08-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Why waste your hate on SUV's? If you can afford to drive one, and afford the shitty gas mileage, who cares?

I drive a Nissan Pathfinder LE that gets about 15mpg combined. Best car I've ever owned. It's roomy without being huge, I can carry up to 35 bags of mulch in it (done it before), and it's killer in the snow. I live at the bottom of a steep hill, and they always plow my car in, with like 3' of snow. Instead of spending 3 hours digging out, I can just put the Pathfinder in 4wd L and bust my way out.

SUV's ROCK!

I agree - I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and love it. Same reasons.

SarahG
08-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't know. I drive a Cavalier. It's always spotless.
No gun racks, no deer on the hood, no american flags painted on the back window, no support our troops magnets...

I do keep a machete under the driver's seat though. :twisted:

Those magnets fuck up your paint.

Willie Escalade
08-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Jen, I agree with you about the motorcycles. That shit pisses me off as well!

I love my SUVs though...but if it came down to getting my Escalade and an STS, I'd get the Escalade with a Duramax diesel custom installed. :wink:

Really, if I could afford the big SUV and the even bigger fuel costs, I'd probably go for it.

Realgirls4me
08-29-2007, 03:27 AM
How about these? That black one has a Caterpillar engine. Ouch! :)

tonkatoy
08-29-2007, 03:32 AM
that is not that out of the ordinary, I have a small (34K gvw) dump truck with a Cat motor, 3126B, its not a real big engine, i think my Banks equipped 7.3 l powerstroke makes almost as much HP and torque.

hondarobot
08-29-2007, 03:38 AM
Good fuckin grief! I'm 100% serious, I love that thing. That's completely crazy. If I had unlimited cash, I'd buy one of those, cram a muscle car in the underbelly, paint the whole thing black, put a jolly roger on the top, and terrorize the country side.

That's a Ship Of The Line for the modern day land pirate.

:twisted:

partlycloudy
08-29-2007, 04:07 AM
what's up with tiny tiny guys that drive big big suvs?

hondarobot
08-29-2007, 04:14 AM
They have more room available to move around.

GroobySteven
08-29-2007, 04:25 AM
So what do you drive Sylvester?

I don't hate any car - just the fucking drivers. The fast lane is for over-taking, otherwise get the fuck out of it.
Hawaii drivers are the worst I've seen in the world.

GroobySteven
08-29-2007, 04:46 AM
I don't hate any car - just the fucking drivers. The fast lane is for over-taking, otherwise get the fuck out of it.

I sometimes just tailgate the left lane Sunday drivers until they move. (So close that the cars almost touching)

They wouldn't move in Hawaii.

Had a guy doing that to me last week, even though there was a car in front of me - I hit my breaks hard and then accelerated immediately, he didn't try that again. My car stops on a dime and 0-60 in under 6 secs - he was in an truck, so ...

SarahG
08-29-2007, 04:50 AM
Good fuckin grief! I'm 100% serious, I love that thing. That's completely crazy. If I had unlimited cash, I'd buy one of those, cram a muscle car in the underbelly, paint the whole thing black, put a jolly roger on the top, and terrorize the country side.

That's a Ship Of The Line for the modern day land pirate.

:twisted:

Anyone else picturing that 'customized' rv from "Domino"?

Willie Escalade
08-29-2007, 07:02 AM
How about these? That black one has a Caterpillar engine. Ouch! :)
Oh, HELL YEAH!

One of these days, I'm going on a cross-country trip. I would LOVE to have one of these, especially that black one!

While in whatever city I'm in, I'd use an electric scooter or something. Pass along the site where you got that picture from!

Willie Escalade
08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
I only do it to cars who have allot of open road in front of them. If there's multiple cars clogging up the left lane then it calls for passing the entire herd in the right lane. Even the breakdown lane if i am very frustrated and tired of it on a given work day.
Same here.

When I'm on the 101 Freeway going throught the Cahuenga Pass, there is always someone clogging the fast lane. It's funny when I pass them and leave 'em in the dust...and sometimes I have to go over two lanes to do so.

Last year on my driving trip to San Francisco, there was a car on I-5 that would not go faster than 55 mph...even though I think the speed limit was 70. Shit like that makes me want to commit homicide because the freeway is only two lanes wide each direction. That particular person was driving a mid-nineties Buick Roadmaster (5.7 liter V8 ). When someone in a Nissan Sentra passes you while you're driving one of those, you know you're going too damn slow. Asshole. :evil:

TJT
08-29-2007, 07:10 AM
What I hate are all the doctors and lawyers and other urban professionals who decided they needed to drive 3/4 and ton pickups, then complained enough about the ride (empty of course) that the big three started to really wuss out on undercarriage. So if you need a truck to actually work out of the first thing you have to do is replace/add springs and do other modifications to make it acceptable. I find it amazing that they even make a F-350 crew cab with a short bed, albeit single wheel model. I have to say though, all in all I heart my truck, there I said it. But I view most SUV's like a lot of people here do, they are wasteful on many levels, and many of the people who have them don't need them, so they wind up dragging all the weight of a 4 wheel drive vehicle around all the time, and there is a good chance it will never get used.

Ain't that the truth. It's a goddamned truck not a fuckin' luxury car.

I grew up in the sticks,dirt roads,vertical terrain. The places you really need a 4x4 back there are few and far between if you have good clearance/suspension on your truck and know how to drive. They are nice to have if you've got to drive slick,wet or loose terrain.

The funniest thing I see are these urbanites who go 4 wheelin' in groups on weekends near my farm. Little lines of 'em comin' and goin' all day long on gas line roads I used to drive an old Ford sedan on.

TJT
08-29-2007, 07:15 AM
what's up with tiny tiny guys that drive big big suvs?

LOL!!! What do you think ;)

Everybody used to call those big gumbo tires on those jacked up 4 wheel drive pick-ups "no-dick tires" when I was younger. Bigger the tire, the smaller the dick was the theory.

Realgirls4me
08-29-2007, 08:44 AM
The irony of it all, is that the big American car companies started replacing their station wagon lines with either mini vans or SUVs 25 or so years ago depending on the model, but low and behold, the station wagon seems to be making a comeback today with other car manufacturers. They might not be labeled as "station wagons", but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...

... I never understood why Ford dropped their popular Country Squire and Mercury Marquis station wagons. Their demise was hastened with styling changes that left these highway boats a former shell of themselves. Those last few Ford stationwagons were butt ugly. But unlike the SUVs of today, one could at least see around or through them on that speedy number one lane. :)

Some big yachts of yesteryear:

skullyjcm
08-29-2007, 08:51 AM
I sit back dont say much,
I like to see pictures of hot looking shemales/TS.
BUT :evil:
Like fuck I dont think Beacause you have a 4X4 you should be shot.
I have had 4x4's for over 15 years now.
I drive a 2006 F-350 and today I just got a new 207 H2 Hummer
Dont hate the 4x4's
it the brain dead fucks out there called fucking humans that piss me off.
the fucks that buy them to drive around town and wax the fuck outta them
now that bunch should be shot,and with a ball of there own shit to boot.
but dont group us all the same saying the whole fucking lot should be shot because the hard core 4x4 fuckers cary guns and we sure and fuck ain't afraid to use em.......and we should start by shotting the fucker that treat there 4x4's like cars..........
P.S.
what the fuck is it with spinners???spin there fuckin heads
I may be outta line .......butt so fucking what :twisted:

Master_A
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
holly crap is that a real motor home?.

now thats what i dont get, what on earth makes someone go, "yes i want to sit in a big car eat watch tv, cook, and shit in the car, and then empty a tank full of my own shit and families shit, and that will be a fun holiday".

sucka4chix
08-29-2007, 09:32 PM
that is not that out of the ordinary, I have a small (34K gvw) dump truck with a Cat motor, 3126B, its not a real big engine, i think my Banks equipped 7.3 l powerstroke makes almost as much HP and torque.
Yeah 3126 is a joke, but's it's in alot of small commercial trucks 'cause it's cheap, until you have to rebuild it...

sucka4chix
08-29-2007, 09:34 PM

now thats what i dont get, what on earth makes someone go, "yes i want to sit in a big car eat watch tv, cook, and shit in the car, and then empty a tank full of my own shit and families shit, and that will be a fun holiday".
Ever stayed in a hotel for a week? It gets kinda expensive. If you can take your own housing with you , why not?

SarahG
08-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Ever stayed in a hotel for a week? It gets kinda expensive. If you can take your own housing with you , why not?

Expensive as those rvs that can go for as much as a full, normal sized home?

The rvs thus pictured in this thread aren't cheap.

youcancallmeclaire
08-29-2007, 10:08 PM

I sometimes just tailgate the left lane Sunday drivers until they move. (So close that the cars almost touching)

They wouldn't move in Hawaii.

Had a guy doing that to me last week, even though there was a car in front of me - I hit my breaks hard and then accelerated immediately, he didn't try that again. My car stops on a dime and 0-60 in under 6 secs - he was in an truck, so ...

I do the same exact thing.
It's bullshit that people try to run me off the road for obeying the law.

I've had enough tickets for now. I think I'll stick to the speed limit.

Falrune
08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't hate any car - just the fucking drivers. The fast lane is for over-taking, otherwise get the fuck out of it....

If I happen to be in the passing lane, I will always move over (when it's safe) if someone comes up rapidly behind me. I think it's courteous to recognize that sometimes people may need to get somewhere in a hurry. Also, on California highways (outside the cities), most people (75% or so, LOL) will drive to the right unless they are passing.

Come to think of it, the real problem with driving in California has been how our tax money has been misused and highways have not kept up with growth. That, and Volvos. :wink:

OEMEnemyNum1
08-30-2007, 04:34 AM
I drive a 4x4, but I live out in the country and have horses. I'll admit though, my truck is way more comfortable than my Tercel.

Master_A
08-30-2007, 05:20 AM

no cos im not a snob i dont need a 5 star hotel with bs, just a nice place, allot cheaper than any rv, not to mention who the fuck wants to have to empty out their own shit.

Realgirls4me
08-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Come to think of it, the real problem with driving in California has been how our tax money has been misused and highways have not kept up with growth. That, and Volvos. :wink:

The real problem with California, as well as other populous states, is that no one has the political courage and will to propose stopping all the concrete paving of this state, regardless of the growth. Instead of widening these 16 lane monstrocities, or creating new ones, how about placing monorails or maglevs down the center of our already existing corridors? When are we going to invest in mass transit for this state and country instead of paving over it?

Falrune
08-30-2007, 07:47 AM

The real problem with California, as well as other populous states, is that no one has the political courage and will to propose stopping all the concrete paving of this state, regardless of the growth. Instead of widening these 16 lane monstrocities, or creating new ones, how about placing monorails or maglevs down the center of our already existing corridors? When are we going to invest in mass transit for this state and country instead of paving over it?

I do not see the solution as one way or another: I would not mind seeing an expansion of various public transit systems providing that these systems can be cost:effective. However, it is clear that Los Angeles has also not kept up with it's growth, and whether good or bad, needed to make some plans for increased road traffic.

The Texas Transportation Institute in 1999 ranked the Los Angeles metropolitan area 31st among the 39 largest American metropolitan areas in freeway lane-miles per capita at .419 lane-miles per 1,000 people, 66% fewer than the U.S. metropolitan area most well endowed with freeway lane-miles per capita (Kansas City) and even fewer than many East Coast metropolitan areas with a reputation for traffic congestion such as Boston, Washington and Baltimore.

So I'm not proposing any concrete and asphalt monstrosity. But I am hoping that LA will do a bit better job of keeping-up with other US towns in relieving congestion.

TJ347
09-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Yes, I know I'm resurrecting another thread, but I had something to add so...

marquis999
09-16-2007, 12:56 PM
That's an awful big vehicle to be driving around LA with only 1 person in it.

SarahG
09-16-2007, 01:10 PM
I thought those vans lost popularity because they were so hard to keep upright?

You think suvs can roll easy :lol: Those really long wheelbase vans of the early 90s & earlier were MUCH worse.

At that point its almost more logical to get a bus.