PDA

View Full Version : CRUELTY...

mbf
08-28-2007, 01:04 AM
no its not "too dark", those are disturbing facts.

its an important link and piece of information.

I ve come across this website a few years ago.

all we can do is fight for tolerance. easily said, but necessary. all of us. and it begins on this board by behaving in a civilised way.

ARMANIXXX
08-28-2007, 02:37 AM
I definately share your sentiment Mystique.

sucka4chix
08-28-2007, 02:58 AM
Ok, 115 replies about cruelty to animals, virtually none about cruelty to people--- interesting.

Mugai_hentaisha
08-28-2007, 04:20 AM
Ok I will go there

These heinous acts are horrible yes, however i figure if you look into the perps lives when they were kids...you would find they abused animals. this is almost a clinical constant.

cruelity to humans is horrible and intolerable

Cruelity to animals is usually a sign of more horrible things to come.

Felicia Katt
08-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Many of you seem to be rather sympathetic at the moment, in light of current events. With that in mind, allow me to provide this link which points to other acts of cruelty that you may or may not know about. Most of these crimes were overlooked, many are unsolved. They still never received the type of respect and recognition as current headlines.

When does human life matter? Are these crimes not cruel enough? or are we not as important outside of the bedroom?

http://www.rememberingourdead.org/
No disrespect, girl, but are you bringing them up now in the hope we will somehow overlook what Vick did? No one here ever discounted the brutality of those crimes, or excused the vile conduct of those criminals. If we had, then we should expect every bit of righteous indignation that would be directed our way.

What Vick did was just wrong, and criminal and he deserves whatever punishment and approbation he gets. He isn't being targeted because he is black, or successful. Anyone who did what he did should expect to do serious jail time and to lose their job, and the respect of the community. The only difference is how much media attention his transgressions have gotten. I wish that transgender hate crimes would garner that kind of airplay, but they won't unless the perp is an NFL star, or the equivalent.

Vick's athletic gifts gave him almost unlimited money and fame, and he squandered them both by setting up an illegal and brutal and cruel dog fighting gambling enterprise. He was placed on a pedestal, and he chose to piss on the laws from it.

No one should feel sorry for Vick. That most of us don't doesn't mean we don't feel sorrow and sympathy for other victims. We do.

FK

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 07:02 AM
I've always had pets. I bought one dog, my Akita, and have rescued countless cats that people threw out like garbage. I have a very soft spot in my heart for animals. This Michael Vick type of thing has been like a fire raging in me for years. I have always been frustrated that the law views animals as property and objects. I think, and hope in the future, that abusers of animals will be treated much more harshly under the law.

Having stated my love for animals, I agree with many that it is a greater wrong to kill a human being. I have no sympathy for murderers, rapists, or abusers of children. I am also a supporter of the death penalty. Even if it isn't a deterrent, I will be assured that person will never kill again. I take no glee that John Couey, the killer of Jessica Lunsford, was sentenced to death. But I am satisfied and feel the punishment suits the crime.

My major in college was Administration Of Justice. My professors were usually ex law enforcement. I would grill every one of them demanding to know why Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, is still alive. I would ask, "How many of the family members of his victims will he outlive?" They will go to their graves being taunted by this scumbag in life.

I realized that I didn't have the temperment to be a law enforcement officer. I don't have confidence in the system. My brain is wired more on right vs wrong instead of legal vs illegal. I couldn't imagine transporting a child killer in the back of my squad car without being tempted to pull over to the side of the road and put a .45 through his forehead.

My outlook on humans might seem contradictory to many but I value human life enough that I am willing to take it when the situation calls for it.