PDA

View Full Version : Gay Cars?!? WTF?????????????????????

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Found this in my current issue of FitnessRX for Men, unbelievable

Are some cars gay?

Can you tell a man's sexual orientation by the kind of car he drives? Are gay men more likely to drive Volkswagen bugs or Mazda Miatas? Do heterosexual men prefer more macho cars like Ford Mustangs, Cadillac Escalades, or Hummers? Internet sites, such as http://www.gaywheels.com/assets/content_full.gif promote the concept of gay and straight automobiles because they allow people to express their identity, Car manufacturers have taken notice, because single gay & lesbians often have more buying power than married heterosexuals. According to gay lifestyle columnist, Ramone Johnson, the best automobiles appealing to gays include Porsche Cayman S
Buick Enclave
Toyota Scion
Saturn Sky Roadster
VW EOS
and Dodge Charger

Mod Note: WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I know a few folks on here that were interested in that charger, LMAO

Coroner
08-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Man, JWBL, what are you doing the entire day?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-28-2007, 12:10 AM
LMAO, dude I worked the entire day, but this I HAD TO share

Jericho
08-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Blade was gay? :shock:

BBaggins06
08-28-2007, 12:14 AM

Was there ever a doubt???

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-28-2007, 12:17 AM

Well there was this one time when Blade http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/images/snipes.jpg
was..........................

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X3PJ0AS3L._SS500_.jpg

NOXZEMA JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jericho
08-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Didn't really think that one through! :lol:

Coroner
08-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Didn't really think that one through! :lol:

pwned :D

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 12:51 AM
I always thought hybrids were a little gay. Also, if you're not a 20-something year old white woman and you drive a Jetta, guess what, you're also gay.

Of the cars previously mentioned, I definitely agree that men who drive Miatas are gay. When you buy a Miata, you get not only a set of windshied wipers but you are also given a head visor with a wiper attached on it to clean splooge off your face.

The Dodge Charger on the list surprises me. Vic Mackey drives one on The Shield and he definitely ain't gay.

biguy4tvtscd
08-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Dodge Charger? Hell, if anything I'd think that was the beard car.

tsntx
08-28-2007, 01:48 AM
hey fags... newsflash... not every fag is a dainty lil fairy... the dodge charger is the gay mans way of looking butch or "straight" and isnt as common as a mustang... hence giving him a lil more standout and flare... u know for his faggy side. basically it replaced the jeep.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-28-2007, 01:50 AM
lol, there's a shitload of NYC, Nassau & Suffolk County cops that heard about this shit when they picked up FitnessRx and said "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" at that Charger being on the list.................

here's my take

Miata: definitely
Buick Enclave: the prettiest Buick in years???? yeah ok
Toyota Scion: chick car, any model, nuff said
Saturn Sky Roadster: the Sky?????? really?!? damn
VW EOS: no comment

added to the list:
Mini Cooper convertible
Ford Mustang with anything less than an 8 cylinder
BMW (yes I said BIMMER) 1 series
'08 Subaru WR-anything
Honda Civic Si(I dont givafuck if it has 197 hp it's a chick car 2 door or 4 door)
last but certainly not least
the Renault Clio

RangeHova
08-28-2007, 02:46 AM
For me, its not about the car but how you drive the car. I am into racing and a lot of the so called gay cars are big with guys seriously into racing. Cars like the Mini Cooper, Dodge Neon, Subaru WRX, and even the Miata are perfect for the track. I cant bring myself to buy any of those cars for safety reasons.

It’s like going for a Charger. a Mustang, or a Magnum and getting the lowrst engibe thatthey offer. That is just weak. Now if you are going for the Hemi or a Cobra that ain’t gay.

Here in the south that gays are more into big ass 4X4 pickups and SUVs.

The Buick Enclave, I don’t see that as gay but more old man.

TSCURIOUS
08-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Remember the little white volkswagon cabriolet? white with a white convertible top?
Guy here bought one used - still has never lived it down. Thought it was "cool"
Screams Gay!

sucka4chix
08-28-2007, 03:19 AM
There are 2 different lists going here: cars that gays buy, which like TSNTX said could be a car thought to be macho that fags simply buy alot of for one reason or another....and
cars that ARE gay (or get you labeled as gay).
Any car historically that appeals to or is made for women will get a man labeled as gay. No man trying to pass as straight should ever own a new VW beetle,a cabrio, ANY Saturn, the eclipse BEFORE the current model, or mini van.

alphanumeric
08-28-2007, 03:41 AM
hey fags... newsflash... not every fag is a dainty lil fairy... the dodge charger is the gay mans way of looking butch or "straight" and isnt as common as a mustang... hence giving him a lil more standout and flare... u know for his faggy side. basically it replaced the jeep.

hondarobot
08-28-2007, 03:51 AM
A Charger is not a gay car. I will not accept that idea. The gay car spectrum runs from the Mini Cooper to the Jeep, or some variation on the van idea.

I've ridden in a '69 Charger, 440 under the hood. Scary fuckin car, definitely not gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0b56Ln63BA

SarahG
08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
A Charger is not a gay car. I will not accept that idea. The gay car spectrum runs from the Mini Cooper to the Jeep, or some variation on the van idea.

I've ridden in a '69 Charger, 440 under the hood. Scary fuckin car, definitely not gay.

I am going to have to question that one as well. The Chargers were great cars, I've restored a few of them and I just don't see how someone can see that as a "gay car."

My mom could never stand them though, was afraid of them and would refuse to drive them.

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 04:18 AM
For me, its not about the car but how you drive the car.

If you sit on the stick while shifting, that might be a little gay. This reminds me of a South Park that I saw recently where Mr Garrison invented a new form of transportation after getting angry in the airport.

flabbybody
08-28-2007, 05:40 AM
is my VW Jetta a gay car?
all the jerk-offs in my office say only girls drive Jetta's.
is that true?

francisfkudrow
08-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Personally I think Ford Mustangs, and many other sports/muscle cars, seem kind of gay in that macho-man, leather hat kind of way. Even the name... Mustang... You could almost imagine a gay bar being called Mustangs. (We have one here in Harrisburg called Stallions).

Conversely, I don't think Scions, VW Jettas, or Honda Civics seem gay at all. Maybe Scions might be a little metrosexual, but not gay.

Mini Coopers can be gay, but if you have a black or dark green one (what do they call that--British Racing Green?) styled the right way, it can be cool.

Miatas really are gay though.

SarahG
08-28-2007, 06:20 AM
is my VW Jetta a gay car?
all the jerk-offs in my office say only girls drive Jetta's.
is that true?

I know a few straight guys that drive Jettas.

Felicia Katt
08-28-2007, 06:22 AM
For me, its not about the car but how you drive the car. I am into racing and a lot of the so called gay cars are big with guys seriously into racing. Cars like the Mini Cooper, Dodge Neon, Subaru WRX, and even the Miata are perfect for the track. I cant bring myself to buy any of those cars for safety reasons.

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2002/mini/cooper/safety.html

My Mini gets pretty good safety ratings with 4 out of 5 stars. It has a full complement of airbags, anti-lock brakes and dynamic stability control. And the ratings don't factor in the accidents it may let you escape or avoid. Few cars are as agile or stop as quickly as a Mini.

I don't think the Mini is a gay car, but it might be bisexual. You see hot shoe males and hot chicks driving them in pretty equal numbers.

FK

tsntx
08-28-2007, 06:23 AM

I am going to have to question that one as well. The Chargers were great cars, I've restored a few of them and I just don't see how someone can see that as a "gay car."

My mom could never stand them though, was afraid of them and would refuse to drive them.

you 2 are the only ones talking about the original.... fags like the new models... dont beleive me? my faggy ex that cheated on me w/ my ex bf is driving one right now. G-A-Y

hondarobot
08-28-2007, 06:39 AM
OK, I don't know what a new Charger looks like, it's probably pretty gay. And for Felicia, a girl driving a Mini Cooper is what it is. It's a girl car.

Felicia driving a Mini Cooper is not gay, obviously, for her. But for a guy, yah, it is.

But hearing a 440 Wedge in a Charger turn over. . . Oh my God. Standing right next to the car, your feet vibrate off the ground. I'm not kidding.

dan_drade
08-28-2007, 06:59 AM

Well there was this one time when Blade http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/images/snipes.jpg

Hahahahahahaha,
Thats a good one!!!

SarahG
08-28-2007, 07:05 AM

you 2 are the only ones talking about the original.... fags like the new models... dont beleive me? my faggy ex that cheated on me w/ my ex bf is driving one right now. G-A-Y

The Blade reference made me think it was referring to all Chargers. Going by memory the car in that movie was a '68, the taillights give it away (68 had unique taillights, in 69 they were changed away from the 4 red circles).

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Will the new Dodge Challenger, which is kind of like a 2 door Charger, be gay? I'm thinking about buying one but I don't want people snickering at me saying things under their breath. Does the bigger engine make it more or less queer?

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/features/general/dodge.challenger.concept/dodge.challenger.f34.500.jpg

dan_drade
08-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Do gays drive 4x4's ???

I do!!! LOL

SarahG
08-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Will the new Dodge Challenger, which is kind of like a 2 door Charger, be gay? I'm thinking about buying one but I don't want people snickering at me saying things under their breath. Does the bigger engine make it more or less queer?

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/features/general/dodge.challenger.concept/dodge.challenger.f34.500.jpg

Which color were you considering?

tsntx
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
thats one fucking nice looking car!! ^^^^

hondarobot
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM

It looks too polished. Something is just not right about that. A muscle car needs hard edges, and it needs to look dirty. Just my humble opinion.

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 07:37 AM

Lavender... Just kidding. I think I like the red one.

ottorocket
08-28-2007, 07:49 AM
I had a Miata, M3, RX7, Ferrari 348, and Porsche 911 turbo. Guess what they all handle great on or off the track, and if that makes me gay...i guess it makes me gay but i never wanted to fuck a guy because my car was on a gay list.

SarahG
08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Who needs handling? All you need is to go in a straight line.

ottorocket
08-28-2007, 07:53 AM

Pun intended?

SarahG
08-28-2007, 07:54 AM

Pun intended?

Of course.

ottorocket
08-28-2007, 07:57 AM

Pun intended?

But of course.

Strait lines are boring and most guys racing in strait line are only concerned with getting to the end the fastest...IMO i prefer the winding road for the sights, the smells, and the enjoyment of taking my time and making sure i get as much pleasure around each and every curve :)

hondarobot
08-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Ha! Mopar rules. Good night.

8)

ottorocket
08-28-2007, 08:02 AM

8)

It does. I have a 69 Chrysler 440 vert rusting away in my side yard.

SarahG
08-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Strait lines are boring and most guys racing in strait line are only concerned with getting to the end the fastest...IMO i prefer the winding road for the sights, the smells, and the enjoyment of taking my time and making sure i get as much pleasure around each and every curve :)

There is something to be said for raw power which handling alone will never compare to.

:D

ottorocket
08-28-2007, 08:09 AM

There is something to be said for raw power which handling alone will never compare to.

:D

Did someone say raw...ouch lol

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 08:16 AM

8)

My first car was a 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda with a 383. I saw the movie Phantasm and I had to get one. Now that I'm older and have more money, I would love to get another 'Cuda. Old restored Mopars are just so expensive and hard to find.

SarahG
08-28-2007, 08:19 AM

8)

My first car was a 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda with a 383. I saw the movie Phantasm and I had to get one. Now that I'm older and have more money, I would love to get another 'Cuda. Old restored Mopars are just so expensive and hard to find.

They're really not that bad if you can do your own work, if its a popular enough model parts are easy enough to come by, especially with places like YearOne around.

You can find a fairly complete, swamp/farm fresh one for under $10k in many cases.

SarahG
08-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Example, BIN for under $12 with a quick search on ePay

'68 R/T project, already started...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-1968-Dodge-Charger-R-T-440HP-Project_W0QQitemZ290151228155QQihZ019QQcategoryZ61 99QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dino Velvet
08-28-2007, 08:23 AM

8)

They're really not that bad if you can do your own work, if its a popular enough model parts are easy enough to come by, especially with places like YearOne around.

You can find a fairly complete, swamp/farm fresh one for under $10k in many cases.

I can barely change my own erl. I'm not very mechanically inclined.

Master_A
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
of course their are gay cars, they are called electric.

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 12:18 PM
of course their are gay cars, they are called electric.

Why are electric cars gay? Because they make more efficient use of fuel(electricity)? Because electric drag cars have the ability to launch at full torque without having to wait for rpms? Or because they are silent except for the sound of their tires?

There is so much potential in electric cars.

Master_A
08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes those reasons, i am assuming you havent seen top gear, they shown those electric cars, forget the name of one of them, they are useless, they run out of power to quickly.

reminds me of this show on tv this chick reviewing an electric moped, went on and on about how its safe for the environment, except it had to be pluged into a wall to be recharged, thus more electricity thus more coal burned at the power plants.

jungle juice is the best way to go, bio fuel gives more power and is safer and cheaper.

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
jungle juice is the best way to go, bio fuel gives more power and is safer and cheaper.

Uh... no. We just haven't mastered the proper way to collect and utilize electrical energy in our cars.
Give it a few more years for some technological advances. Awesomeness doesn't happen overnight.

Master_A
08-28-2007, 12:50 PM
come on do you honestly think electric cars could ever come close to being a good car, have you even thought of the massive amount of power needed, just about everything in a car is electric.

hwbs
08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
when u take up al the gay and girl cars... wtf do we have left...a ford f150 and a fucking caddy :twisted:

mbf
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
howdy, there are even "gay" racecars

the following porsche 917 raced in LeMans 1971

SarahG
08-28-2007, 06:30 PM
howdy, there are even "gay" racecars

the following porsche 917 raced in LeMans 1971

LMAO, leave it to a gay car thread to dig up the Pink Pig.

:lol:

Why are electric cars gay? Because they make more efficient use of fuel(electricity)? Because electric drag cars have the ability to launch at full torque without having to wait for rpms? Or because they are silent except for the sound of their tires?

There is so much potential in electric cars.

They don't have the same problems, so they may appear to be better but they do have different problems from ICE's.

You have;
-environmental impacts of all those battery cells

-electric cars require being charged. Because of this, an electric may work fine for someone using it for 40mph commutes in suburbia between work, home and the grocery store, but you'd never be able to use the vehicle for much more than its charge range. I commute regularly between many states, an electric (even one of the better ones) so I would effectively have to stop every 2-4 hrs depending on charge range, find someone who would let me use their electricity, and just sit there waiting for it to recharge fully. Fuel is more practical in an ICE (not saying gasoline for a reason) because all you need to do in this situation is stop at a gas station, refill, and go on your way.

-Electric cars are also like tiny fuel economy cars in so far as you are restricted in how much mass you can throw in it with options. You would not be able to make a large luxury electric because the mass would hamper the charge range, it is enough of a struggle to over come the mass of an electric motor of the size required for these applications. Ever try to lift a 50 hp electric motor?

-Electric cars are not necessarily more efficient. These cars plug in to charge so the question becomes "how is that electricity being generated?" The answer in most places is going to be 'inefficient coal/oil/etc power plants" although you _could_ use anything including home off the grid technology to charge the vehicle, most people especially the suburbanites these cars are most practical for, are going to be using whatever inefficient, gross polluting power plant supplies the electricity to their part of the grid.

-Electric motors are made out of, predominately, copper wire. EVEN IF we don't switch to electric cars, if the whole world industrializes we are going to run out of copper. As copper prices are NOW people are stealing copper off of LIVE utility lines and other such things. If the whole world were to only use electric cars, there simply would not be enough copper to supply the whole world. Think of all the ramifications of this... look around at all the times copper is used, think of how bad copper theft would be given how it is now... this isn't an ideal situation.

Edited for spelling.

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
They don't have the same problems, so they may appear to be better but they do have different problems from ICE's.

Yes. Of course. Why wouldn't one thing be different than a completely different thing? It only makes sense.

You have;
-environmental impacts of all those battery cells

Yup.

-electric cars require being charged. Because of this, an electric may work fine for someone using it for 40mph commutes in suburbia between work, home and the grocery store, but you'd never be able to use the vehicle for much more than its charge range. I commute regularly between 3 states, an electric (even one of the better ones) so I would effectively have to stop every 2-4 hrs depending on charge range, find someone who would let me use their electricity, and just sit there waiting for it to recharge fully. Fuel is more practical in an ICE (not saying gasoline for a reason) because all you need to do in this situation is stop at a gas station, refill, and go on your way.

I'm trying to be hypothetical here and you are SO ruining it.

Let's just assume there are recharging stations next to every gas pump.

Waiting for a charge is definitely a major downside, but I'm sure someone out there right now is trying to fix that. If I had a degree in electrical engineering, I'd do it myself.

-Electric cars are also like tiny fuel economy cars in so far as you are restricted in how much mass you can throw in it with options. You would not be able to make a large luxury electric because the mass would hamper the charge range, it is enough of a struggle to over come the mass of an electric motor of the size required for these applications. Ever try to lift a 50 hp electric motor?

That's crazy talk. There exists an electric motor capable of 420ft/lbs of torque while weighing in at a mere 147lbs.

-Electric cars are not necessarily more efficient. These cars plug in to charge so the question becomes "how is that electricity being generated?"

Well I figured it would only make sense to have a clean source of energy for a clean running car. I'm not saying electric cars are great, I'm just saying there's alot of potential in them. There are still alot of potholes that need workarounds, especially in the complete lack of mass implemented solar, convection, wind energy, and otherwise.

-Electric motors are made out of, predominately, copper wire. EVEN IF...

That is one thing that I had honestly never considered, and a really good point. Gives me something to think about though.

SarahG
08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm trying to be hypothetical here and you are SO ruining it.

Let's just assume there are recharging stations next to every gas pump.

Waiting for a charge is definitely a major downside, but I'm sure someone out there right now is trying to fix that. If I had a degree in electrical engineering, I'd do it myself.

So basically, electric cars are cool and interesting- so long as they aren't anything like what an electric car is if I were to buy one say, next month.

That's crazy talk. There exists an electric motor capable of 420ft/lbs of torque while weighing in at a mere 147lbs.

It's not crazy talk, any car that is going to be fuel (regardless combustion based or electric charge) use oriented is not going to want to be weighted up by size, options, or anything that makes a luxury car luxurious.

Cars are not and cannot be a one size fits all product, people come in different sizes, shapes, with different needs... I am not even that tall and I have found some cars just don't ergonomically "work" well for me. Most of my driving is long distance so all that is especially important.

Well I figured it would only make sense to have a clean source of energy for a clean running car. I'm not saying electric cars are great, I'm just saying there's alot of potential in them. There are still alot of potholes that need workarounds, especially in the complete lack of mass implemented solar, convection, wind energy, and otherwise..

Clean energy for the grid will be more difficult than overcoming the short falls of electric cars. Companies, tax payers and the gov aren't willing to pay to maintain or expand the inefficient, gross polluting system we have in place -now- so what is to make us think anyone will take the initiative to fund such a switch?

There is always nuclear power, but NIMBY comes in to effect here. Did you know that Long Island had a power plant completely built, fueled, staffed and ready to "throw the switch" to start generating electricity but it was never, ever turned on because the local residents were unwilling to allow it (while complaining about the cost of fuel in NYC at the same time... go figure).

Wind power is interesting, I lived near one of those farms... I said farms because you have to place it away from people in colder climates like NY because the ice that forms on the blades comes off in the winter (due to centrifugal force) at a speed that makes it potentially lethal for anyone near them. Environmentalists also say its a problem for birds... you're not going to be able to put these up on your roof, in suburbia, in a city unless the area is hot enough to prove no ice can ever form on the blades. 'course, wind power is basically an electric motor in reverse- so think of all those copper generators all over the country....

LPG/natural gas is interesting but we already have problems with supplying our need for that as it is. During the first admin, Bush's energy planed for placing a large floating rig off of Long Island where this stuff was going to be imported by ship... piped to the water's floor, and sent to NYC (since, going through the Adirondacks aint gonna happen for pipelines). This never happened, probably for good reasons as if it ever blew, that thing in operation would have taken out a significant portion of Long Island.

Biofuels are cool but, guess what? It is still oil based. Modern farming is completely dependent on patrolum based fertilizer. There is also a land use issue here, it would take alot of land to supply enough biofuel to feed all our vehicles, our homes, and all our energy needs domestically. Alcohol doesn't have to be made from corn, it could be done with just bio scrap but again you have issues of it not being enough, energy use to transport it to a place to be converted into a fuel. Even CATO's have to buy fertlizer (not as much, but the need still exists) so its not as simple as covering fields with animal manure.

hondarobot
08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
when u take up al the gay and girl cars... wtf do we have left...a ford f150 and a fucking caddy :twisted:

Looks like it's gonna be a land grab for the remaing Ford F150's at this point:

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2007, 09:15 PM
So basically, electric cars are cool and interesting- so long as they aren't anything like what an electric car is if I were to buy one say, next month.

???
Yes, let's only talk about what is currently available for mass consumption. Why bother looking forward to emerging technologies at all? In fact, let's just give up trying to improve things at all and just be happy with what currently exists.

It's not crazy talk,

It really is. You're talking about a 50hp motor that weighs some impossible-to-lift amount as if it's the only option for the situation, and then I come in and say "hey, here's a high output lightweight motor. you're crazy."
Definitely crazy talk.

any car that is going to be fuel (regardless combustion based or electric charge) use oriented is not going to want to be weighted up by size, options, or anything that makes a luxury car luxurious.

This doesn't make any sense. Are you trying to say something about power to weight ratios?

And no, I don't wan't luxury. I want a chair, strapped to a motor with wheels and a roll cage that will take me to work and back. (I'm serious.)

Well I figured it would only make sense to have a clean source of energy for a clean running car. I'm not saying electric cars are great, I'm just saying there's alot of potential in them. There are still alot of potholes that need workarounds, especially in the complete lack of mass implemented solar, convection, wind energy, and otherwise..

Clean energy for the grid will be more difficult than overcoming the short falls of electric cars. Companies, tax payers and the gov aren't willing to pay to maintain or expand the inefficient, gross polluting system we have in place -now- so what is to make us think anyone will take the initiative to fund such a switch?

People are already beginning to utilize these technologies. I think eventually there'll come a point where it'll be cost effective to have home-based and commercial recharging stations, especially when you consider total fuel cost over the life of the vehicle... and the change will initiate on it's own.

Wind power is interesting, I lived near one of those farms... I said farms because you have to place it away from people in colder climates like NY because the ice that forms on the blades comes off in the winter (due to centrifugal force) at a speed that makes it potentially lethal for anyone near them. Environmentalists also say its a problem for birds... you're not going to be able to put these up on your roof, in suburbia, in a city unless the area is hot enough to prove no ice can ever form on the blades. 'course, wind power is basically an electric motor in reverse- so think of all those copper generators all over the country....

We actually do have a windfarm in upstate NY.
And... the demand for copper would drive prices up and people would cannibalize their plumbing systems for metal. Sure, eventually we'd run out. We'll find a way around it though.

LPG/natural gas is interesting but we already have problems with supplying our need for that as it is. During the first admin, Bush's energy planed for placing a large floating rig off of Long Island where this stuff was going to be imported by ship... piped to the water's floor, and sent to NYC (since, going through the Adirondacks aint gonna happen for pipelines). This never happened, probably for good reasons as if it ever blew, that thing in operation would have taken out a significant portion of Long Island.

What's the point in sending it through the Adirondacks to get it to NYC? Are they taking the scenic route?

Biofuels are cool but, guess what? It is still oil based.

Yup.

By the way, you remind me of someone I used to exchange messages with on a yahoo group years back. Is your last name Geidtmann or something similar?
I'm probably just making outlandish assumptions and have no idea who you are.

tsntx
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
this masculine, totally not gay, hummer can be found in austin

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/16/21508814_e410abdf1f.jpg?v=0

tsntx
08-28-2007, 09:25 PM
w/e i tried to post the pic... it didnt work copy/paste the link

resdog
08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
This is interesting, these guys were in drag A LOT for the filming of that movie - and were pretty damn convincing - matter of fact, I think that Wesly Snipes looks kinda HOT???

I wonder if these guys felt any feminization effect or further need to dress up like a lady from constantly being around and dressed in sexy woman's clothing?

How would it effect you guys?

Hahahahahahaha,
Thats a good one!!!

Willie Escalade
08-28-2007, 11:09 PM
I consider the Miata to be a gay car, but it is great on the track.

The New Beetle is definitely gay; why else would it have that vase built into the dashboard?

I don't think Scions are gay, especially the tC.

On the other hand, mid-nineties Civic coupes (other than the Si) were gay...but one can't deny they are the perfect platform for tuning.

Tera Patrick has a pink Escalade; that doesn't make it gay...unless Evan is seen driving in it.

Non-eight cylinder Mustangs are gay.

I do notice a lot of gay males driving BMW 3-series coupes and sedans, as well as Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedans. M models and AMG models don't count!

The Ford F-150 (especially the Harley-Davidson and King Ranch editions) could be considered favorites of bears (look it up).

No Charger with a Hemi or a Six Pack is gay!

And I think Minis are cool...especially the Coopers Works edition.

Thank god my car wasn't listed! :lol:

hondarobot
08-29-2007, 12:33 AM
The Ford F-150 has a "King Ranch" edition? Well, that drops the gay bomb on that one. Looks like there is, in fact, only one totally non-gay motor vehicle in automotive history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A11RbhuOaXM

(Everyone is going to have to figure out which car in the video is the one I'm referring to)

marissaazts
08-29-2007, 01:20 AM
suburu and jeep liberty are the offical lesbian cars of arizona
vw beetle is either a girl car or a gay guy car

muscle cars are not gay

Felicia Katt
08-29-2007, 01:35 AM
And I think Minis are cool...especially the Coopers Works edition.

Thank god my car wasn't listed! :lol:
The performance differences between the Mini Cooper Sport, and the JCW edition is pretty minor. I'd rather have my standard MCS and the $6000.00 I saved over a JCW in shoes LOL

meow

FK

SarahG
08-29-2007, 02:04 AM

???
Yes, let's only talk about what is currently available for mass consumption. Why bother looking forward to emerging technologies at all? In fact, let's just give up trying to improve things at all and just be happy with what currently exists.

What can happen in the future as technology advances is anyone's guess, for all we know someone will find a form of transportation that makes more sense than cars altogether. There really are endless possibilities into the future, but that doesn't mean that we should be using sci-fi to judge rather or not our current space craft are cool/sicky/whatever.

The technological limits that exist with the designs now are relevant because it is what is in existance & implementation at the moment, and thus, what are inside the vehicles being referred to when people make judgment calls or other opinions about their practicality.

Per emerging technologies, the best I have seen for charging systems is still a few hours for anything with a decent range (obviously if there is less to charge, it takes less time to do it... I would imagine a car with a range of 100 miles would be quicker to charge than one with a 275 mile range all else being equal).

Are you trying to say something about power to weight ratios?

Exactly. The reason why GM never made a caddy version of the geo metro was because as you through in the stuff that makes up a luxury car, the fuel efficiency drops.

It is simple physics really, it takes more energy (energy also = work) to move say, X lbs w/out a driver than X+600 lbs w/out a driver.

I suppose if electrics had a large enough range, or their owners used it for small enough commutes, you could fill up an electric car with luxury car options and still have it "work" but a very short range electric, even if it is highly comfortable, is not going to have a large market.

People are already beginning to utilize these technologies. I think eventually there'll come a point where it'll be cost effective to have home-based and commercial recharging stations, especially when you consider total fuel cost over the life of the vehicle... and the change will initiate on it's own.

It is interesting, but no matter how you dice it it would take alot of drastic changes to reform the grid given our skyrocketing energy needs. Conservation has been preached since the 70s and I think it is safe to say no one is listening.

Even if we were to take into consideration the near & immediate future, how people get their electricity is not going to change in this country in any large drastic amount. The few alternate fuels we have are still for the most part, such a negligible part of our grid's power production that if the whole country were to switch to electric cars tomorrow... it would not be as perfect and clean as the myth that these cars aren't responsible for any air pollution.

And... the demand for copper would drive prices up and people would cannibalize their plumbing systems for metal. Sure, eventually we'd run out. We'll find a way around it though.

We would have to. Running out of copper is more of a question of when, than if.

What's the point in sending it through the Adirondacks to get it to NYC? Are they taking the scenic route?

Damned if I know, it was the only alternate plan and it was shot down. Not that the Bush Admin seemed to care about anything other than their offshore unloading rig idea... I think I remember reading at the time that if it worked they were going to build something like 11 of these things around our coastlines (as if the coast guard don't have enough to do).

dreamer
08-29-2007, 02:11 AM
I drive a 1991 Honda CRX ----fucker still gets 36 to the gallon ---call me gay ----

Willie Escalade
08-29-2007, 07:10 AM
I drive a 1991 Honda CRX ----fucker still gets 36 to the gallon ---call me gay ----
No way, my friend. I would love to have one of those, especially one with a K series motor dropped in it from Hasport. :D

Willie Escalade
08-29-2007, 07:11 AM
The performance differences between the Mini Cooper Sport, and the JCW edition is pretty minor. I'd rather have my standard MCS and the $6000.00 I saved over a JCW in shoes LOL

meow

FK
You're right. I actually don't care about the power of a Mini; I'd just love to take one out on Mulholland Drive and hang those curves. :wink:

Jericho
08-30-2007, 10:47 PM

You might like this:

http://www.68charger.co.uk/

mbf
09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
just one more gay race car:

a Porsche 935 K3 turbocharged group 5 sportscar, raced in monza 1000 kms 1982

CORVETTEDUDE
09-02-2007, 10:52 PM

You won't have to worry about the color or "gayness' of the car. Dodge is NOT producing the car. Too many coporate financial problems and, above all, there was not enough positive public response to the project/show cars to warrant pursuing the re-introduction of the car. Sorry to disappoint. Nothing to say they won't reconsider, though. If you want it, you need to let them know. Car manufacturers, spite their attempts, do not have crystal balls.

sucka4chix
09-03-2007, 05:05 AM
You won't have to worry about the color or "gayness' of the car. Dodge is NOT producing the car. Too many coporate financial problems and, above all, there was not enough positive public response to the project/show cars to warrant pursuing the re-introduction of the car. Sorry to disappoint. Nothing to say they won't reconsider, though. If you want it, you need to let them know. Car manufacturers, spite their attempts, do not have crystal balls.
Maybe someone else can make it---- there's a place in North Carolina that makes vintage camaros. Started doing it for movies, now they just make 'em for individuals. Supposed to be so much better than the originals were! Of course they're not cheap.

SarahG
09-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Maybe someone else can make it---- there's a place in North Carolina that makes vintage camaros. Started doing it for movies, now they just make 'em for individuals. Supposed to be so much better than the originals were! Of course they're not cheap.

All kinds of places & people have done stuff like that over the years. Until recently a place in mexico was making brand new VW bugs using the original dies & things.

Alot of vintage race cars have likewise been reproduced, be it moreso on an individual basis. People will find like, a seat, and make the rest of the car themselves from scratch. There are a number of 60s-70s models which have more in existance today then were originally produced.

It would be harder for a car that never saw a production run... unless your goal is to make one that looks "close enough" to the original going by (very) rough measurements & photographs.

Felicia Katt
09-03-2007, 08:12 AM

are you sure about that?
http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html

FK

SarahG
09-03-2007, 06:54 PM

are you sure about that?
http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html

FK

I think he has the Challenger confused with the Imperial.

They did briefly say they were going to produce the Imperial concept but as gas prices skyrocketed they ran away from the project.

Like Chrysler needs another suv or truck to be competitive to the market. :banghead

To think, if Chrysler had done all these vehicles back in the late 90s when fuel was still cheap.... maybe mercedes would still want to own them LOL.

youcancallmeclaire
09-04-2007, 04:25 AM
I'm usually not into big boat-like cars, but the imperial concept was beautiful.

SarahG
09-04-2007, 05:55 AM
I'm usually not into big boat-like cars, but the imperial concept was beautiful.

:D Isn't it? I really liked the interior in that one... all that wood grain.

Wonder if they still would have required employees on the Imperial assembly line to have something like 30 gazillion years of flawless employment/records.

Rod la Rod
09-04-2007, 06:30 AM
I own a Dodge Magnum 6.1L Hemi SRT8. With 425 Bhp. This is the fastest car I have ever driven. It is a station wagon version of the Charger.

It will smoke any M5 or BENZ EMG on the street and it costs about one third the price. If this car is GAY then I am fucking Liberace.

SarahG
09-04-2007, 06:55 AM
-deleted-

tsntx
09-04-2007, 07:56 AM
ok this thread has gone long enough... boys of the board... just tell us what each of yall drive so we can compile a more accurate list of faggy cars.... k?

mbf
09-04-2007, 09:27 AM
ok this thread has gone long enough... boys of the board... just tell us what each of yall drive so we can compile a more accurate list of faggy cars.... k?

well, a white 1985 Mercedes Benz 190E

(a car i never had sex in it - except i once masturbated in it)

Willie Escalade
09-05-2007, 02:18 AM
2004 Lexus ES350

One other thing...another great pic, Jenn!

ottorocket
09-05-2007, 03:02 AM

Take your pick...

71' Chevy pickup
69' 440 Chrysler
Ducati 916/999s
Mercedes E350

BeardedOne
09-05-2007, 03:19 AM
I love station wagons! I have always wanted an immediately postwar (pre1950) hearse,

I like you already. :D

Best bet would be a Cadillac Superior, Miller, or Sayers & Scovill. 1948 was a premium year, featuring the new automatic transmissions and power windows in most of the upscale models.

I've had about half-dozen old hearses and ambulii as toys. Great cars. And yah, they qualify as 'gay', no matter how big they are or how much power is under the hood (Smallest was a 429, largest was a custom-bored 505). C'mon, after the Nash Statesman, these were the only cars that were considered a bed-on-wheels. :twisted:

Realgirls4me
09-05-2007, 03:28 AM
'Nuff said.

And, yes, any Mustang with anything less than a V8 is gay. ;)

Cars owned:

Mercury Cougar
Mustang Mach-1 (428CJ engine)
Lincoln Mark IV
Ranger extended cab
Ford F-150

Sense a pattern for the make/company I prefer?

SarahG
09-05-2007, 07:49 AM
-deleted-

Toro
09-06-2007, 01:09 AM
This is a funny thread.

On a slightly different note, I have a lesbian friend who has a small Toyota pickup and a Prius - the two quintessential lesbian rides.

SarahG
09-08-2007, 01:32 AM
From break- thought it would be appropriate here.

mbf
09-08-2007, 01:40 AM

def a great find SarahG!

BeardedOne
09-08-2007, 01:50 AM

I shit thee not, that looks like a tongue on wheels. :shock:

Definitely a dyke car, ultra femme, mayhaps a babydyke. :lol:

Gay or not, who cares. They're awesome cars. Personally I rather have a hearse than an ambulance even if the difference is semantics.

My first was a Miller-Meteor (M & M) combination. By day, it served as an ambulance for the local community, by night it was the hearse for the local mortuary. It had removable rear window panels with landau bars to give it the hearse look and the jumps folded down and floor panels flipped over to provide casket rollers. For its ambulance service, it had a custom-bored 505 that baffled every mechanic that worked on it. We once pegged the speedometer on the way to the Cape. We were easily doing 125+. Of course, this was in the days of sixty-cent-a-gallon gasoline. Damn thing sucked it down at about 9 MPG, downhill in a high wind.

Wanna confuse a tire dealer? Ask if they have NR78-15s in stock. One looked me in the eye and said "Fuck you! N?!? They don't make N, buddy!". :lol:

Yes they do. :wink:

Dino Velvet
10-13-2007, 02:12 AM

http://autos.aol.com/article/general/v2/_a/modern-muscle/20071011105709990001
"At Chrysler, the Plymouth Barracuda won't be back, but they've decided the Dodge Challenger certainly will, likely sporting a 6.1-liter, 425-hp version of the old Hemi engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. Looking a bit more mature and a bit chunkier than the last Challenger of 1974, but very similar in style, the Challenger is scheduled to hit the showrooms next year as a 2009 model."

CORVETTEDUDE
10-13-2007, 03:08 AM

http://autos.aol.com/article/general/v2/_a/modern-muscle/20071011105709990001
"At Chrysler, the Plymouth Barracuda won't be back, but they've decided the Dodge Challenger certainly will, likely sporting a 6.1-liter, 425-hp version of the old Hemi engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. Looking a bit more mature and a bit chunkier than the last Challenger of 1974, but very similar in style, the Challenger is scheduled to hit the showrooms next year as a 2009 model."

Caught the same release. Maybe the popularity of the Camaro Project Car forced their hand. Actually, I'm glad to see it! This should motivate Chevy to produce something that won't be considered a "Lame Duck." The more "Retro" Hot rods available, the better I like it! Come on Detroit, give us somma that CAR shit!!!!

Dino Velvet
10-13-2007, 03:37 AM
I just wish that Plymouth was coming out with the Barracuda too. My first car was a 1970 'Cuda with a 383. After I saw the movie Phantasm as a kid, I had to have one. I would settle for an updated 'Cuda since a cherry restored one would be pricey as Hell.

Here's a pic of the concept 'Cuda. Damn you Plymouth for not making this!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/DinoVelvet/Modern20Phantasm20Cuda20vr2.jpg

1971 'Cuda from the movie Phantasm.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/DinoVelvet/phantasm1_cuda.jpg

CORVETTEDUDE
10-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Agreed!!! I had a '68 Cuda Formula "S" Fastback, with the 273. What I like most is, you could lay down the back seat and screw beneath the stars. Those were the days!!!

Dino Velvet
10-13-2007, 06:35 AM
You're a good egg, CORVETTEDUDE. You like Black Sabbath and Mopars.

Kriss
10-13-2007, 07:10 AM
[i]Are some cars gay?

DUDE, open your eyes, ALL cars are GAY. CAR CULTURE is totally GAY

AND don't start me on MOTORBIKES....................

Found this in my current issue of FitnessRX for Men,

That particular magazine sounds VERY GAY also, the fact that they have to state in the title that it is "for men" is a giveaway.

Night Rider
10-13-2007, 12:59 PM
top 3 gay cars:

1) volkswagen beetle
2) smart car (the tiny cars)
3) fiat panda

Willie Escalade
10-13-2007, 11:56 PM
I just wish that Plymouth was coming out with the Barracuda too. My first car was a 1970 'Cuda with a 383. After I saw the movie Phantasm as a kid, I had to have one. I would settle for an updated 'Cuda since a cherry restored one would be pricey as Hell.
You're not shittin'. Any 1970-1971 Hemi E-Body would easily top $1 million...convertibles considerably more since they're so rare. Not bad for an old Plymouth/Dodge that wasn't highly popular when new!

Here's a pic of the concept 'Cuda. Damn you Plymouth for not making this!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/DinoVelvet/Modern20Phantasm20Cuda20vr2.jpg
Chrysler fucked up the Plymouth brand when they kept giving all of the good new cars to the other brands (i.e. the PT Cruiser) AND with the creation of the Eagle brand (remember that?). Plymouth could have been their performance division, but no. That's a fine piece of machinery in that picture!

Let's just hope the Camaro is better. I don't mind the Firebird not coming back, but the Camaro had better be an excellent car that tops both the Challenger and the Mustang. Three trim levels: LS (or Sport Coupe, V6 powered of course), mid-level Z28 (with a top engine size of 350cc like the early 70s models), and top-line Super Sport (with a big block). Have an optional ZL1 package with the Corvette's "slightly detuned" ZO6 engine, an optional Rally Sport package complete with hidden headlamps that stay true to the '67-'70 models, as well as other heritage option packages. I'd buy one...and it would not be a gay car! :twisted:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4800/untitled10custom200vh.jpg

justatransgirl
10-14-2007, 12:27 AM
I don't know about gay cars but what kind of car should a hooker drive?

An "Escort" of course...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

Dino Velvet
10-14-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't know about gay cars but what kind of car should a hooker drive?

An "Escort" of course...

Giggle,

How about a Probe or Hummer?

justatransgirl
10-14-2007, 12:40 AM
PS - poll - I'm going to get a new car which do you all think I should do. Cost isn't a big factor.

Red Cadilliac CTS with white leather upholstery, or Roadster Convertible

Silver Merceds E class with tan leather and blacked out windows? Or CLK Convertible. (twice as much)

I like the caddy it's sort of cute. But the Mercedes I think has more class.

I 'd like some opinions I've gotta decide soon.

Hugs,

Trans Mission
10-14-2007, 06:36 AM
PS - poll - I'm going to get a new car which do you all think I should do. Cost isn't a big factor.

Red Cadilliac CTS with white leather upholstery, or Roadster Convertible

Silver Merceds E class with tan leather and blacked out windows? Or CLK Convertible. (twice as much)

I like the caddy it's sort of cute. But the Mercedes I think has more class.

I 'd like some opinions I've gotta decide soon.

Hugs,

Hang in there and get the new GTO. I am gonna trade my 2005 in on one when they start getting built.

Hopefully the new GTO's suspension is as docile as the Monaro knock-off I own. Doesn't ride like a complete buckboard, yet books when one drops the proverbial hammer.

I hope they keep the BMW-esque interior as well.

.......also, remember there is no replacement for gonzo displacement!