PDA

View Full Version : Boy Nearly Killed Trying To Cool Xbox 360

Legend
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
From funtechtalk.com:

A 14 year old boy from Brevard, North Carolina was nearly killed Sunday while trying to stop his Xbox 360 from overheating.

The boy’s mother told local news that his Xbox 360 kept turning itself off after about 5 minutes. Her son had read online that he could stop it from cutting off by cooling the power supply. “I saw him put the cord on top of a box in the living room”, said the boy’s mother. “When I left to go next door he was playing a game but when I got back he was laying on his back on the floor and unconscious”.

While his mother was away the boy had taken the power supply and wrapped it in plastic and tape. In an attempt to cool it off, he submerged it into a pan of water with the cord still plugged in. The boy had regained consciousness by the time paramedics had arrived. He was taken to the Transylvania Community Hospital in Brevard where he spent the night.

What a fucking dumbass,he deserved every bit of that for being so fucking stupid.

youcancallmeclaire
08-22-2007, 10:38 AM
My dad always used to tell me 3 things about electricity.
1. It's faster than you.
2. It's invisible.
3. It'll kill you.

I think everyone should clue their kids in on this.

User
08-22-2007, 10:52 AM
What an idiot.

Fetish Fanatic
08-22-2007, 10:53 AM
hahahahahhaa!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Mugai_hentaisha
08-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Future Darwin award winner there boys and girls

lostinasia
08-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Power of the internet - there comes a time when the moron's who post crap online are forced to accept responsibility for when someone takes their "expertise" off the wrong path

Coroner
08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
So got into the Transylvania Community Hospital and came back ALIVE?

SteamMillenia
08-22-2007, 04:50 PM
So got into the Transylvania Community Hospital and came back ALIVE?

Well, lets just say he's 'undead'.

NewYorker
08-22-2007, 06:29 PM
My dad always used to tell me 3 things about electricity.
1. It's faster than you.
2. It's invisible.
3. It'll kill you.

I had a professor who use to tell us that if we ever met someone who said they had been electrocuted to smack them, because electrocution = death.

Having worked with electricity and getting shocked bad a couple times I can say that shit is no picnic. Still this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Ignoring that he nearly killed himself didn't he think that the water might actually damage the xbox?

manbearpig
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
lol wow...thats almost as good as the girl who was whoring herself on craigslist for WoW gold.

Master_A
08-22-2007, 08:42 PM
well what do you expect, he is an xbox users

rawrr
08-22-2007, 09:49 PM

Sony fanboy alert, that was such a stupid thing to say. I'm a 360 and Xbox 1 user as well but I'm not dumb enough to put my 360 into a bucket of water lol. :roll:

Willie Escalade
08-22-2007, 10:04 PM
What a bonehead...both the kid and his folks. :roll:

hwbs
08-22-2007, 10:43 PM
i just sent mine out...the main problem is some of these games can get u playing these marathons or all nighters...the 360 cant handle it...its gonna be a bad scene when all those new titles come out ....call of duty 4 , bioshock, halo 3, and others

Legend
08-22-2007, 11:43 PM
i just sent mine out...the main problem is some of these games can get u playing these marathons or all nighters...the 360 cant handle it...its gonna be a bad scene when all those new titles come out ....call of duty 4 , bioshock, halo 3, and others

True but this dummy tried to cool the power supply which isn't the reason for the 360 overheating at all, i wonder how the fool came to the conclusion that it was the power supply.

BeardedOne
08-22-2007, 11:48 PM
True but this dummy tried to cool the power supply which isn't the reason for the 360 overheating at all, i wonder how the fool came to the conclusion that it was the power supply.

Because people are stoopid and procreate faster than they cull themselves from the gene pool.

Master_A
08-23-2007, 12:19 PM

Sony fanboy alert, that was such a stupid thing to say. I'm a 360 and Xbox 1 user as well but I'm not dumb enough to put my 360 into a bucket of water lol. :roll:

yeah so smart you actually bought the same thing twice, and so smart you paid for a mirco$oft product twice.

rawrr
08-23-2007, 01:09 PM

yeah so smart you actually bought the same thing twice, and so smart you paid for a mirco$oft product twice.

So by your logic, the PS1, PS2 and PS3 is the same as well, well done you sir are an idiot. I'm also a gamer, I own the PC, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, 360 and Xbox 1. I plan on getting a PS3 soon as well. No need to be a blind fanboy who just hates the 360 because its made by MS, open your eyes to see whats on the other side.

Master_A
08-23-2007, 01:25 PM

So by your logic, the PS1, PS2 and PS3 is the same as well, well done you sir are an idiot. I'm also a gamer, I own the PC, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, 360 and Xbox 1. I plan on getting a PS3 soon as well. No need to be a blind fanboy who just hates the 360 because its made by MS, open your eyes to see whats on the other side.

psx was cd, ps2 is dvd, ps3 is blu ray, of course xbox is the same and shit, no one with a brain buys anything with the ms logo.
the only good game on xbox was the odd world game, and that sucked too.

NewYorker
08-23-2007, 09:00 PM

psx was cd, ps2 is dvd, ps3 is blu ray, of course xbox is the same and shit, no one with a brain buys anything with the ms logo.

What are you talking about? xbox was DVD while the 360 is HD DVD, which are not the same thing. :roll:

Also, while the xbox's library was pretty bad, the 360's library is far better than the PS3's, which has yet to have a breakout hit.

Chaingunner
08-23-2007, 10:46 PM
:popcorn

Master_A
08-24-2007, 01:33 AM

What are you talking about? xbox was DVD while the 360 is HD DVD, which are not the same thing. :roll:

Also, while the xbox's library was pretty bad, the 360's library is far better than the PS3's, which has yet to have a breakout hit.

1. HD, lame technology, holds like half a blu ray.
2. 360 been out world wide for like a year, ps3 has been out world wide a few months.

The new Ratchet and Clank, Medal of Honour, and Mortal Kombat will shit all over xbux 1.5.

NewYorker
08-24-2007, 02:27 AM

1. HD, lame technology, holds like half a blu ray.
2. 360 been out world wide for like a year, ps3 has been out world wide a few months.

The new Ratchet and Clank, Medal of Honour, and Mortal Kombat will shit all over xbux 1.5.

1. Now you're backpedaling. You didn't say HD was a lame technology, you said it was the same as SD, which just makes you sound like a fool.
2. 360 had immediate hits as soon as it came out, PS3 has not. It's supposed major title was going to be Resistance and that just dropped off into obscurity. If you want to use the length of time as an excuse of a lack of good titles, then my earlier comment about the xbox becomes negated because the PS2 was out for years before the xbox.

On top of that you're just making shit up now. Of the three games you listed as shitting all over the 360, only one is exclusively for the PS3 (Ratchet & Clank), and of the other two; one doesn't even exist yet (Mortal Kombat has only been announced as in development, they haven't even said what systems it'll be on), and one is for both systems. Please stop talking out of your ass.

I'm not a MS whore, I don't like the company for the most part. I've been a playstation user since the original came out. But the 360 has won me over, it's a good system with good games. So far nothing you've said has disproved that. Meanwhile Sony has shown an intense disregard and hostility for their customers. Their bate and switch of the PS3 price drop at E3 was voted the most disappointing moment of the entire convention.

Master_A
08-24-2007, 05:24 AM
well i wouldnt expect a yank to be able to grasp the obvious.

NewYorker
08-24-2007, 05:46 AM
well i wouldnt expect a yank to be able to grasp the obvious.

So you repeatedly fail to prove or even make a point and so fall back on insults. :roll: We're done.