PDA

View Full Version : VICK PLEADS OUT

hwbs
08-20-2007, 11:33 PM
EARLY REPORTS ARE 10-12 MONTHS...ANY OF YOU SURPRISED ?

werwt22
08-20-2007, 11:37 PM
No not at all. All of his partners rolled on him....Figured it wouldn't be too long.

sucka4chix
08-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Will he ever play in the NFL again, that's the question--- I say nay!

Dino Velvet
08-20-2007, 11:51 PM
I heard he'll do about a year but I'm hoping for more time. Considering how methodical and premeditated the cruelty was, I'm not interested in his apology. I keep hearing about how we live in a forgiving society. How can you possibly forgive someone that has no remorse? Any apology from Vick will be a prepared statement approved by his lawyer that is just given for his own benefit.

As far as the NFL goes, the teams are privately owned and I can't see how any business would want to associate with a bottomfeeder like this guy.

resdog
08-20-2007, 11:53 PM
I agree with you, he is done, saw this story on ESPN yesterday, they said that he has no chance to play in NFL again until after 2010 season; after possibly doing 1-2 yrs in jail. He will be over 30 by then...

NFL is also more concerned with the gambling ring data and connections that he is turning over on as well and the potential link to org crime...more to follow.

No team will risk the bad PR that Vick brings - however it may subside in a few years and Vick could give $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to animal rights activists to lesson the blow ????

What do you think?

Too bad the guy is an amazing football player - fans loose out!!!

James

Dino Velvet
08-21-2007, 12:04 AM
That sucks. He IS my favorite QB. Hopefully it's not too stiff a penalty. He's not the first, last or only person to have ever done this. There have also been far greater inhuman crimes throughout history. Unfortunately someone has to be made an example of and this time it was him.

How much time do you think someone should get for torturing and killing several animals?

You are right about something. There have been worse crimes in the history of humanity. I guess Bin Laden is worse than Michael Vick. But why excuse bad behavior with worse behavior?

werwt22
08-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Don't forget man he wasnt the one doing all that shit...he just funded what was going on and gambled on some of the fights and they are trying to paint him as the scapegoat/ringleader. The other guys should be the ones getting the worse punishment.

goku
08-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I heard he'll do about a year but I'm hoping for more time. Considering how methodical and premeditated the cruelty was, I'm not interested in his apology. I keep hearing about how we live in a forgiving society. How can you possibly forgive someone that has no remorse? Any apology from Vick will be a prepared statement approved by his lawyer that is just given for his own benefit.

As far as the NFL goes, the teams are privately owned and I can't see how any business would want to associate with a bottomfeeder like this guy.

That is ridiculous. Here is a guy who clearly spends from July to March playing football. When you add in his appearances....photo shoots and everything else he is responsible for,do you really think he was the one torturing,strangling,and electrocuting the dogs? He is gone for 10 out of 12 months so who do you really think was training and fighting the dogs? You guessed it.......the same clowns who are pointing the finger at him to get less jail time.Taylor,Quannis,and Peace are the guys that were living in the house,taking care of the dogs,and taking him to all the fights while Vick was in Atlanta playing football. I agree that he should do time for broke the law,but what Vick is guilty of is giving his knucklehead friends money to run a dog-fighting ring. There is no way he should do more time they got!

Dino Velvet
08-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Don't forget man he wasnt the one doing all that shit...he just funded what was going on and gambled on some of the fights and they are trying to paint him as the scapegoat/ringleader. The other guys should be the ones getting the worse punishment.

That is ridiculous. Here is a guy who clearly spends from July to March playing football. When you add in his appearances....photo shoots and everything else he is responsible for,do you really think he was the one torturing,strangling,and electrocuting the dogs? He is gone for 10 out of 12 months so who do you really think was training and fighting the dogs? You guessed it.......the same clowns who are pointing the finger at him to get less jail time.Taylor,Quannis,and Peace are the guys that were living in the house,taking care of the dogs,and taking him to all the fights while Vick was in Atlanta playing football. I agree that he should do time for broke the law,but what Vick is guilty of is giving his knucklehead friends money to run a dog-fighting ring. There is no way he should do more time they got!

One if not more people mentioned that Vick actively participated in killing as many as 8 dogs.

ARMANIXXX
08-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Michael Vick will most likely be back in the NFL eventually.

Things probably won't ever be the same though.....unless of course, he wins a SUPER BOWL....then he'll be back in full force.

That is my ultimate hope.

If guys can some back from drugs,

If guys can come back from being involved in MURDER cases,

Then surely Michael Vick can come back from fighting and killing his pooches.

Dino Velvet
08-21-2007, 12:27 AM
That sucks. He IS my favorite QB. Hopefully it's not too stiff a penalty. He's not the first, last or only person to have ever done this. There have also been far greater inhuman crimes throughout history. Unfortunately someone has to be made an example of and this time it was him.

How much time do you think someone should get for torturing and killing several animals?

You are right about something. There have been worse crimes in the history of humanity. I guess Bin Laden is worse than Michael Vick. But why excuse bad behavior with worse behavior?

Since you felt the need to address me directly, I'll respond in kind. Such a short memory you seem to ahve though really. Bin Laden...how about we go back to slavery days? The Holocaust? I could go on, but there is no point. Dogs outweigh people in value obviously. Now, if I may go back to stating my opinion...because it is just that. MY opinion...he's not the first, last or only person to have ever done this or anything of this kind.

:roll:

Do other such heinous acts give Vick a pass? Again, I ask, how much time should someone get for torturing and killing several animals?

goku
08-21-2007, 12:31 AM

One if not more people mentioned that Vick actively participated in killing as many as 8 dogs.

What did you think they were going to say??? They were rolling on him to reduce their sentences! I am using my own deductive reasoning. I know football camp starts in July. The season doesn't end till march. That is 8 months already he couldn't be there. Now you add in mini camp in the spring. There is another month he couldn't be there. Then you add in all the things superstar football players have to do in the off season like.Pose for pictures. Attend sponsor and charitiy dinners. You are looking at a total of probably 10 months that Vick couldn't have been there. So my question for you is......knowing what I just told you.......Who do you think was doing the dog fighting,training,and killing year round??

hwbs
08-21-2007, 12:34 AM
there is no time table set in stone...the judge can give him the full monty if he choses to ...i think the reports are too early...i already see some lawyers saying that they think he will get the latter than the lesser...i guess we will find out next week...

lets get one thing str8 he wasn't accused of one timing to an event...this was the funding and execution of these dogs and fights..hmmmm i guess his brother looks like a saint now...

Dino Velvet
08-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I agree, witnesses that roll on others for less time are not the most credible. But, the more witnesses giving the same specific testimony under scrutiny, the more chance the information is correct.

Dino Velvet
08-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Then again, if Mike Tyson can go to jail for not raping a girl; or Ray Lewis can continue football...why not Vick. Hmm...I see a pattern there...

What pattern?

PatrickFromNYC
08-21-2007, 01:14 AM
I believe a year in jail is an appropriate punishment. Vick returning to the NFL is another thing. That will depend on if P.E.T.A. is satified with the punishment. P.E.T.A. is one the countries most powerful special interest groups and they will put an enormous amount of pressure on any team willing to sign him in the future if they are not satified. Don`t underestimate them.

Also, the Falcons can void the rest of his contract (and they will) if he pleads guilty to a felony. This will leave Vick without a team when he gets out of jail and serves whatever suspension the NFL rules.

Dino Velvet
08-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Vick could be going from the penthouse to the outhouse. What will this guy do if he can't play football? Whatever money he has now will be gone eventually.

ARMANIXXX
08-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Vick could be going from the penthouse to the outhouse. What will this guy do if he can't play football? Whatever money he has now will be gone eventually.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Why would the money that he has be gone eventually?

Are you telling me Vick can't live on the 40 or 50 or MORE million dollars he has isn't enough for the rest of his life?

PatrickFromNYC
08-21-2007, 04:10 AM

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Why would the money that he has be gone eventually?

Are you telling me Vick can't live on the 40 or 50 or MORE million dollars he has isn't enough for the rest of his life?

When the Falcons void Vicks 2004 contract (because he pleads guilty to a felony); then he is obligated to pay back a pro-rated portion of his signing bonus (70%) of 37 million. The rest of his contract is NOT guaranteed as are all NFL contracts. If he saves is money then he will be OK??

All things considered, this man will pay a HUGE price for the crimes he committed.

Oli
08-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Vick in a Deal to Plead Guilty to Dogfighting
MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and JUDY BATTISTA
Published: August 21, 2007

RICHMOND, Va., Aug. 20 — Michael Vick, the star quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons, agreed Monday to plead guilty to dogfighting charges in a deal with federal prosecutors that probably will land him in prison while he is in the prime of his N.F.L. career.

Michael Vick's plea deal likely calls for prosecutors to recommend a lighter sentence as long as Vick cooperates with the government’s investigation.

The National Football League, which has barred Vick from the Falcons’ training camp, said it would not announce its punishment for Vick until he accepted the plea in a hearing next Monday. As part of the deal, Vick agreed to plead guilty to the felony charges of conspiring to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiring to sponsor a dog in an animal-fighting venture.

He faces at least a year in prison. United States District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who announced the plea agreement in a meeting with reporters in his courtroom, will probably sentence Vick at the end of November.

Vick, 27, is now part of a small group of athletes, with Shoeless Joe Jackson and Mike Tyson, whose careers were cut short or interrupted at their peak because of legal problems.

Three of Vick’s co-defendants have pleaded guilty in the case, acknowledging that Vick “almost exclusively funded” the enterprise, Bad Newz Kennels, and the gambling associated with it.

One of the co-defendants, Quanis L. Phillips, said that he, Vick and another co-defendant, Purnell A. Peace, killed about eight dogs in April that did not perform well by hanging or drowning them at a property owned by Vick in Surry, Va.

In a statement released Monday afternoon, the N.F.L. accused Vick of lying to Commissioner Roger Goodell and to the Falcons early in the investigation.

“We are aware of Michael Vick’s decision to enter a guilty plea to the federal charges against him and accept responsibility for his conduct,” the N.F.L.’s statement said.

“We totally condemn the conduct outlined in the charges, which is inconsistent with what Michael Vick previously told both our office and the Falcons. We will conclude our own review under the league’s personal conduct policy as soon as possible.”

Goodell is expected to review the details of the plea deal when they are released next week, paying special attention to Vick’s involvement in gambling. Gambling is prohibited by the league’s personal-conduct policy. Violating those rules could subject Vick to a lifetime suspension. ...

Once the N.F.L. suspends Vick, the Falcons would be free to try to collect a portion of Vick’s $37 million signing bonus — which could top $20 million — because he would be in breach of his contract. The Falcons then could release Vick, who they signed to a 10-year, $130 million contract in 2004.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/21/sports/football/21vick.html?ref=sports

Vick is done. He will not be allowed to play in the NFL again. The dog fighting makes him a pariah, the gambling is what will get him the ban.

ARMANIXXX
08-21-2007, 04:59 AM
When the Falcons void Vicks 2004 contract (because he pleads guilty to a felony); then he is obligated to pay back a pro-rated portion of his signing bonus (70%) of 37 million. The rest of his contract is NOT guaranteed as are all NFL contracts. If he saves is money then he will be OK??

All things considered, this man will pay a HUGE price for the crimes he committed.[/quote]

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Michael Vick has made a ton of money via endorsements.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Vick is not gonna be applying for Unemployment Insurance. ;)

ARMANIXXX
08-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Vick is done. He will not be allowed to play in the NFL again. The dog fighting makes him a pariah, the gambling is what will get him the ban.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

You're guessing, and a long shot guess at that.

It's an almost certainty he will get suspended.

Lifetime suspension is a stretch.

And there's always teams that are willing to take a gamble on super talented athletes in any sport.

jmt
08-21-2007, 05:16 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Solitary Brother
08-21-2007, 06:22 AM

Have you been drinking or worse?

Solitary Brother
08-21-2007, 06:23 AM

Huh?

Solitary Brother
08-21-2007, 06:25 AM

You are truly delusional!

Oli
08-21-2007, 06:31 AM
You're guessing, and a long shot guess at that.

It's an almost certainty he will get suspended.

Lifetime suspension is a stretch.

And there's always teams that are willing to take a gamble on super talented athletes in any sport.

I am guessing, but it's not as long a shot as you think. Paul Hornung and Alex Karras were both suspended for gambling. But they didn't lie or try to hide what they did, they didn't participate in a barbaric blood sport, they didn't kill animals that most Americans consider ' man's best friend', they didn't go to jail for it, and they were not bank rolling the gambling operation.

Goodell is expected to review the details of the plea deal when they are released next week, paying special attention to Vick’s involvement in gambling. Gambling is prohibited by the league’s personal-conduct policy. Violating those rules could subject Vick to a lifetime suspension

Your guessing that people will have a short memory, and he will be able to rehabilitate his image. PETA will never let that happen, and the NFL has become much more image conscious with all the off field bad press the players have generated in the past few years.

We will know more next week after we see what he pleads to.

Solitary Brother
08-21-2007, 06:36 AM

Things probably won't ever be the same though.....unless of course, he wins a SUPER BOWL....then he'll be back in full force.

I thought this delusional thinking was confined to the NAACP.
Listen to me well fellow black people.........
Michael Vick is the living embodiment of Satan right now.
He is more hated than Bin Laden,George W.Bush,Hitler,ect..............
He wont be back.
He fucked his teams owner Arthur Blank pretty good who is by all accounts a very good owner.
Even if he was allowed to come back the public outcry(in civilized areas) is deafening against him.
All the animal rights groups and soccer moms HATE Vick along with normal guys(exclude a few delusional afro-americans).

Vick WONT be back unless its a funeral procession with his casket.

Michael Vick is a felon!
He was targeted with the RICO act.........the same statute they use to go after the mob.....
Plus numbnuts faces 40 years with the state!

He is not like freddy or Dracula or even Jesus Christ........he is dead and NOT coming back!

That is all.

TJT
08-21-2007, 06:42 AM
He'll play again. There's just a handful of guys on the planet who can do what he does. Some owner will cash in on his "rehabilitation" in couple of years and get him on the cheap to boot.

Dkg
08-21-2007, 06:43 AM
heres whata going to happen

he's going to pay a fine 500k-1mil

he's GOING to do jail time; 6-8 months, possibly less if he gets good behavoir

he's going to have 1-3yr probation

he's GOING to go back to the NFL (sorry haters but the NFL/ATL NEEDS him as does he need them) however he WILL get a suspension from the league; 1 season or less

Vick would NEVER make a deal that included his career being over, and the NFL doesn't give a shit about anything other than Atlanta bringing in the $$. Without Vick it ain't happenin
Doubt me if u want but this is whats going to happen

Solitary Brother
08-21-2007, 06:49 AM

he's GOING to go back to the NFL (sorry haters but the NFL/ATL NEEDS him as does he need them) however he WILL get a suspension from the league; 1 season or less

Vick would NEVER make a deal that included his career being over, and the NFL doesn't give a shit about anything other than Atlanta bringing in the $$. Without Vick it ain't happenin

He has ZERO control over the process...........
This is the federal government your dealing with and the terms of the sentence have not been announced yet so this whole "He will do less than a years" crap is WAY premature.
I heard 18+ months.

Plus he has STATE charged to contend with which could give him 40 + years.
I have family on my moms side in Michael Vicks hometown.
I have lived there and am a product of it.
Michael Vick is an embarassment but so are all of his apologists.

PLUS.......
One of our congressmen out here in california TOM LANTOS said he would go after Vick if nothing happened to him.

STAY TUNED!
Doubt me if u want but these this is whats going to happen

ARMANIXXX
08-21-2007, 06:54 AM
He wont be back.
He fucked his teams owner Arthur Blank pretty good who is by all accounts a very good owner.
Even if he was allowed to come back the public outcry(in civilized areas) is deafening against him.
All the animal rights groups and soccer moms HATE Vick along with normal guys(exclude a few delusional afro-americans).

Michael Vick is a felon!
He was targeted with the RICO act.........the same statute they use to go after the mob.....

He is not like freddy or Dracula or even Jesus Christ........he is dead and NOT coming back!

That is all.

So......uh.....Are you serious?

Snoriega27
08-21-2007, 07:10 AM
On a lighter note...

From Jay Leno:

"Atlanta Falcons Michael Vick has been indicted for his alleged involvement in a dog fighting ring. You know how he got caught? A pointer picked him out.

Did you hear his excuse? He said, 'The bitch set me up.'"

PatrickFromNYC
08-21-2007, 07:14 AM
He wont be back.

Michael Vick is a felon!

That is all.

So......uh.....Are you serious?

He is dead on correct.....because the alledged crime involved animal cruelty, gambling and transporting over interstate lines it becomes a RICO case...RICO carries a 10 year jail sentence...That was the leverage that eventually made Vick plead out.....

I HATE what Vick did......but I have to admit that I think the Feds could spend their time and energy on more important things

Oli
08-21-2007, 07:20 AM

I doubt you. Michael Vick will never play another down as a Falcon.

chefmike
08-21-2007, 07:24 AM

He's also responsible for the dogs who will have to be euthanized(60 or 70) who were seized. Most of them will have to be put down due to the systematic brutality that Vick and his twisted friends inflicted upon them.

If he gets less than a year he may be elgible for home detention under federal guidelines, a far better deal than he deserves. There are people serving many years in jail for this vile practice, and rightfully so.

chefmike
08-21-2007, 07:40 AM

What a ridiculous crock of shit.

Dkg
08-21-2007, 05:51 PM

Maybe not as a Falcon but he WILL play in the NFL. You are delusional if you think his career is over because of some dog fighting shit.

Get back to me when he kills a man or gets caught running an illegal drug smuggling ring

chefmike
08-21-2007, 06:01 PM

Maybe not as a Falcon but he WILL play in the NFL. You are delusional if you think his career is over because of some dog fighting shit.

Get back to me when he kills a man or gets caught running an illegal drug smuggling ring

No, he didn't kill a man, he tortured and killed defenseless animals. If he had a reason to kill a man he would have had his henchman do it, like the vile coward that he is. And drug smuggling is nothing compared to the twisted and evil acts that he admitted to. He's a sick fuck. Period.

Dkg
08-21-2007, 06:06 PM

No, he didn't kill a man, he tortured and killed defenseless animals. If he had a reason to kill a man he would have had his henchman do it, like the vile coward that he is. And drug smuggling is nothing compared to the twisted and evil acts that he admitted to. He's a sick fuck. Period.

I realize the problem here is that you believe that HE HIMSELF was responsible for those dogs being mutilated, etc. In case you forgot, there were MANY more individuals involved in this. You seem to have it confused as though it was Vick, and Vick alone running the show. Besides, you have no evidence or proof of any sort that it was he himself that was the direct abuser of those dogs, but I guess since his name is in the headline and he is the famous one out of te bunch, it MUST HAVE been him.....

Maybe you stop allowing the media to decide how you think

chefmike
08-21-2007, 06:47 PM
The dogs were on his property. He pleaded guilty. Were his flunkies guilty too? Absolutely. Are they sick, twisted fucks like Vick? Absolutely.

Maybe you should read the indictment, and stop making excuses for the vermin that engage in such barbaric activities.

Jericho
08-21-2007, 06:53 PM
All you people who think he's going to play again...What planet are you on?
He's committed a crime the public in public find unforgivable.

You can kill John Q Public, you can sodomize his wife, but don't EVER touch his dog.

What sponsor's going to touch him?
He's done.

Legend
08-21-2007, 07:03 PM

Even if he comes back,he isn't going to a quarterback because no one is going to want a felon as their leader,he will probably be a runningback or something that carries a lesser role that requires speed.

ARMANIXXX
08-21-2007, 07:05 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Michael Vick killed his fucking dogs....so the hell what.

There's much bigger, larger, more important things going on in the world.

We've got dead bodies under bridges, people shot up and/or maimed overseas, homelessness, crumbling schools, people with no healthcare.....tons of horrible shit, that makes a fucking dog killing laughable.

Please stop trying to compare the killing of his pooches to that of serious matters.

Vick will be back, and I hope he wins a superbowl. It's not even a certainty that he WON'T be back in Atlanta specifically considering the mass support he's getting from there.

chefmike
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I would've loved to see the guilty sickvick go to trial, but he still has to deal with state charges in VA. There's a man in SC serving 40 years for a dogfighting racket. 8)

chefmike
08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Michael Vick killed his fucking dogs....so the hell what.

We've got dead bodies under bridges, people shot up and/or maimed overseas, homelessness, crumbling schools, people with no healthcare.....tons of horrible shit, that makes a fucking dog killing laughable.

Please stop trying to compare the killing of his pooches to that of serious matters.

Vick will be back, and I hope he wins a superbowl. It's not even a certainty that he WON'T be back in Atlanta specifically considering the mass support he's getting from there.

You're just as big of an idiot as you ever were. By all means, let's excuse this sick fuck's barbaric, illegal activities because there are even worse atrocities in the world. What a silly jackass you are.

Legend
08-21-2007, 07:18 PM

Animal cruelty is a felon and shouldn't be dismissed like its no big deal but instead of your "homeboy" investing all that money in that dog fighting ring he could have help homelessness and rebuild schools etc.At 50 million a year i think its laughable that vick would risk all that to kill some innocent dogs.

jmt
08-21-2007, 07:40 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Realgirls4me
08-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I can't believe how "high" a couple of you set the bar (moral, legal, ethical, etc) for some in our society, which in turn boomerangs to reveal more about yourselves than anything else. There are lines that one in Vick's position and making tens of millions of dollars simply doesn't cross, and going ghetto by forcing dogs to fight, maiming them, and eventually killing them, is something one does not expect from a supposedly civilized citizen of a supposedly civilized society. A highly paid star athlete of a professional sports team who is adulated by millions, can date who he wants, buy what he wants, and travel wherever he'd like, among many other perks, has to come to grips at some point that there are a lot of responsibilities that come with making it to the top, and I'm not talking about just being the most basic of role models. Just what the fuck are these prima donnas like Vick thinking?!

It's one thing to give an athlete in the limelight a second chance who's opened up about his substance abuse, or for saying something racially stupid (Braves pitcher whose name I can't remember at the moment), etc., but cavorting with murderous thugs (Ray Lewis); getting into legal trouble and stockpiling weapons, etc. (Tank Johnson); or holding dog fights and putting them to death, are things that should ban these guys from any professional sport. Just where does one draw the line? ...I give Lewis credit for trying to make amends to the victims' families, but I still would have kicked him out of the league -- two lives were lost that evening. Black athletes of yesteryear set the table so these clowns could have it better, and this is how it is repaid?

... I agree totally once again with what Emmit Smith said in that there is a point in one's life when one must cut certain people in your life loose. I believe what he was basically saying is that they serve no purpose in your life other than to take your money and keep your head in the ghetto. Reach up. Evolve. Advance.

What Vick did wasn't only illegal, but so-o-o-o-o-o ghetto. So GHETTO.

(For what it's worth, 16 year old Legend contradicts himself once again)

Master_A
08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
figures this would be on a transsexual site, nfl is a girls sport.

Dkg
08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
The dogs were on his property. He pleaded guilty. Were his flunkies guilty too? Absolutely. Are they sick, twisted fucks like Vick? Absolutely.

Maybe you should read the indictment, and stop making excuses for the vermin that engage in such barbaric activities.

I know what the indictments are, but they are just that. Being indicted is not the same as convicted. Who is making excuses? I'm just stating the facts, and the fact is that he alone is not responsible, and he alone did not commit these crimes so stop making it out to be that way.

If people think dog killings/fighting is going to keep him out of the NFL then you're just wishful thinking. Like I said before, it's about money, and as long as he didn't kill a human being the NFL will let him continue to make money for their organization. They don't give a shit about him going to jail.

People who think otherwise are not being logical and are blinded by their rage/hate for him.

Realgirls4me
08-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I personally don't hate Vick. I pity him. All that money, fame and adulation, and yet no class or brains to go with it. For all of his life since he made his presence on the gridiron felt, he has been told how great he is/was as an athlete, and that in itself has seemed to have supplanted his growth as a person. His moral or ethical shortcomings and lapses were dismissed or ignored simply because he could juke an opposing player better than anyone else. To hell with his development as a person. There's a disconnect there between a prima donna such as Michael Vick and a world of right and wrong, and I still don't think he or others like him (his brother for example) can see it.

chefmike
08-21-2007, 09:00 PM

I know what the indictments are, but they are just that. Being indicted is not the same as convicted. Who is making excuses? I'm just stating the facts, and the fact is that he alone is not responsible, and he alone did not commit these crimes so stop making it out to be that way.

If people think dog killings/fighting is going to keep him out of the NFL then you're just wishful thinking. Like I said before, it's about money, and as long as he didn't kill a human being the NFL will let him continue to make money for their organization. They don't give a shit about him going to jail.

People who think otherwise are not being logical and are blinded by their rage/hate for him.

Actually, despite the fact that I abhor your defense of sickvick, I wouldn't be surprised if in the future he returned to the NFL. The NFL are corporate whores, and if there isn't enough public outrage at said time, they would allow the sick fuck to play again with no qualms.

Unfortunately, Vick has little chance of being electrocuted, hung, drowned, or slammed to death as he did to his dogs. The best that we can hope for is that he gets shanked while in the joint.

KO47
08-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Funny that the same people who were defending Vick earlier proclaiming his innocence and starting a race issue out of a non-race issue are now the same ones trying to play down what he did.

Are you all Falcon homers or just mildly retarded?

goku
08-22-2007, 12:54 AM

He wont be back.

Michael Vick is a felon!

That is all.

I can't speak on others behalf but I am not delusional. Have you seen Vick's partners rap sheets???

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/118379

That's just some of it. If you think Vick was the one who came up with the idea then you.......no disrespect......are delusional. You know this story.You have seen it from hood to hood.....just like I have. Ghetto kid makes it out only to be brought down by his knucklehead crew he just can't distance himself from. I agree he was wrong. I just think the repeat felons are the ones behind the whole thing. Hell..They only found the dogs because they were coming there to arrest one of these clowns for drug trafficking. Here Vick is rich as all hell and all his homeboys were looking for a ride. If you tell them no and turn your back on them you lose your pass.Meanwhile everyone else you meet just wants something from you. Even though your boys are idiots they were with you when you were just Michael. I feel sorry for Vick. Many a guy has gone down for the same thing......ask Pacman! He made a mistake hanging with the wrong crowd.The feds came in and prob threatened his boys with "repeat offender"sentences and they got scared and turned on Vick. What I said about Vick being gone 10 months is true. Do you really think those guys were killing,training,and taking the dogs to fights while Vick was gone because he said so???

Felicia Katt
08-22-2007, 02:03 AM

Being indicted is not the same as being convicted, but pleading guilty certainly is. It was his kennel, his money funded it and he directed and controlled its gruesome operations . His cohorts are equally guilty, but just like a low level mobster can roll over on the Don, they rolled like marbles on granite on Vick. They will do less time than him, but they will still be convicted felons in the end.

Vick will probably face a life time ban by the NFL, not for killing dogs, but for lying during the investigation and for gambling, both of which violate their Code of Conduct. It is about money, and if they don't ban him, they risk losing credibility with their fans, and boycotts from everyone else. Since his "friends" only career was being his hanger's on, they will lose their jobs too. And they will all end up in that special place in hell reserved for those who kill and torture helpless animals.

FK

voy4her
08-22-2007, 02:39 AM

Since you felt the need to address me directly, I'll respond in kind. Such a short memory you seem to ahve though really. Bin Laden...how about we go back to slavery days? The Holocaust? I could go on, but there is no point. Dogs outweigh people in value obviously. Now, if I may go back to stating my opinion...because it is just that. MY opinion...he's not the first, last or only person to have ever done this or anything of this kind.

:roll:

Do other such heinous acts give Vick a pass? Again, I ask, how much time should someone get for torturing and killing several animals?
1 year per animal, never allowed to own a pet again, or raise children for that matter. If you cant take care of a dog you cant take care of a child.

voy4her
08-22-2007, 02:42 AM

He wont be back.

Michael Vick is a felon!

That is all.

I can't speak on others behalf but I am not delusional. Have you seen Vick's partners rap sheets???

That's just some of it. If you think Vick was the one who came up with the idea then you.......no disrespect......are delusional. You know this story.You have seen it from hood to hood.....just like I have. Ghetto kid makes it out only to be brought down by his knucklehead crew he just can't distance himself from. I agree he was wrong. I just think the repeat felons are the ones behind the whole thing. Hell..They only found the dogs because they were coming there to arrest one of these clowns for drug trafficking. Here Vick is rich as all hell and all his homeboys were looking for a ride. If you tell them no and turn your back on them you lose your pass.Meanwhile everyone else you meet just wants something from you. Even though your boys are idiots they were with you when you were just Michael. I feel sorry for Vick. Many a guy has gone down for the same thing......ask Pacman! He made a mistake hanging with the wrong crowd.The feds came in and prob threatened his boys with "repeat offender"sentences and they got scared and turned on Vick. What I said about Vick being gone 10 months is true. Do you really think those guys were killing,training,and taking the dogs to fights while Vick was gone because he said so???

you feel sorry for Vick? You're delusional.

CORVETTEDUDE
08-22-2007, 05:20 AM
I think he needs to have his balls stapled to the wall of an SPCA, using rail road spikes. He's a fuckin' asshole....period!!!

Oli
08-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Details of Vick plea agreement will impact NFL future
By Lester Munson

On Monday afternoon, NFL star Michael Vick agreed to admit his guilt in a dogfighting and gambling scheme. Billy Martin, Vick's lead attorney, announced Vick's decision as a federal grand jury in Richmond, Va., was preparing additional charges against the Atlanta Falcons' quarterback. Vick's admission of guilt, as well as the timing of it, raises questions. Here are some answers:

Why did Michael Vick enter into an agreement to plead guilty?

In strictly legal terms, this is an agreement by Vick. In the bigger picture, it's a surrender. Vick is admitting his guilt because he and his legal team realized that there is no escape from the charges related to the federal dogfighting case. They wanted to negotiate with federal prosecutors, and they wanted to negotiate with the NFL. Instead of a negotiation from the prosecutors, Vick and his lawyers kept receiving bad news from them. That trend would have continued with additional charges being filed if Vick's legal team had not given up the fight on Monday afternoon. Instead of a negotiation with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about the manner in which the league intended to punish Vick, Vick and his legal team received a cold shoulder. When they could not negotiate, they had no alternative. They had to surrender.

If the federal case against Vick is so overwhelming, why would the federal prosecutors agree to accept Vick's plea of guilty?

The job of a federal prosecutor is to seek justice, not to seek revenge or punishment. Whenever an accused individual is willing to admit guilt and accept the consequences, federal prosecutors are interested. A guilty plea brings the case to a final conclusion. It saves hundreds of thousands of dollars in trial preparation, and it avoids any chance something could go wrong in the trial that would allow a guilty defendant to go free. In the dogfighting case, it was important to the prosecution team that Vick admit he was doing wrong. It is a major step forward in a national effort to eliminate dogfighting.

Vick will appear in court again on Aug. 27. What should we watch for?

Vick and the government prosecutors will file papers that give the details of Vick's admissions. The factual details in those papers will be critical. Will Vick admit that in March 2003, he helped Quanis Phillips, one of his co-defendants, hose down a losing dog and then electrocute it? Will he admit that he helped execute eight more dogs in 2004 and 2005, some by hanging, some by drowning and one by slamming it on the ground until it was dead? Will he admit that it was his money that was used in the purses and the side bets in the dogfights described by his cohorts? If he admits a personal role in the execution of dogs and a lead role in the gambling enterprise, he might never return to the NFL. Goodell and NFL officials will scrutinize these papers as they decide what should be done with Vick.

In addition to the details disclosed in the paperwork, watch next Monday for Judge Henry Hudson to set a date for Vick's sentencing. In most federal courthouses, the sentencing comes at least several months after the guilty plea; but in the "rocket docket" procedures that prevail in Richmond, the sentencing will probably come more quickly, perhaps as early as October. Judge Hudson must also determine whether to sentence Vick's co-defendants before he sentences Vick. Tony Taylor, the first of Vick's cohorts to plead guilty and agree to testify against Vick, was to be sentenced on Dec. 14, after he testified at Vick's trial (which had been set for late November). That scheduling was an obvious incentive for Taylor to testify effectively against Vick. But now, with Vick's admission of guilt and the trial off the docket, Judge Hudson may move the date of Taylor's sentencing up, and sentence all three of Vick's co-defendants, including Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace, before he sentences Vick. All three will be entitled to consideration for leniency because they admitted their guilt and promised to help the federal prosecutors in their case against Vick.

How much time will Vick spend in jail?

Previous reports indicate that the government wanted Vick to spend between 18 and 36 months in a federal penitentiary. Other reports say it could be between 12 and 18. Before the judge issues a sentence, Vick must submit to an investigation by federal probation authorities. Probation officers will investigate his life in painstaking detail, including the dogfighting enterprise. These pre-sentence reports are kept secret and submitted only to the sentencing judge. The report will include a recommendation on a sentence. Judge Henry Hudson will consider the report's conclusions as he sentences Vick. Hudson has been tough when it comes to sentences. He uses the word "maximum" more often than he uses the words "minimum" or "probation." If Vick cannot convince Hudson that he can be a good citizen, Vick will be doing 24 months or more.

Why did Vick wait until Monday to admit his guilt?

This investigation is not even three months old. It has progressed with incredible speed. The first raid on Vick's 15-acre compound came on April 25. Agents of the U.S. Department of Agriculture quickly entered the investigation and took it over. They have quickly put together an extraordinary amount of high-quality evidence. Until the raid, Vick was living a life of celebrity and success. It must have been very difficult for him to make the adjustments necessary to realize he was in serious trouble and on his way to jail. Not long ago, he was telling Goodell personally that he was not guilty of anything. Today, he surrenders. So his plea of guilty is not late. In fact, it comes earlier than anyone could have imagined.

Are there any winners in this terrible story?

Yes. The winners are the investigating agents, the federal prosecutors and the humane societies. I have never seen an investigation in the sports industry that was done so quickly and so professionally. The only possible comparison is to the virtuoso work of Greg Garrison, the Indianapolis attorney who prepared and tried the rape case against former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, which led to Tyson's conviction and three years in prison. In most cases against celebrity athletes, the athlete has most of the advantages: better investigators, better lawyers and more money. Vick had the money and the lawyers, but he never caught up with the investigators and prosecutors in Virginia.

The local prosecutor in Surry County, Va., where Vick built his dogfighting compound, says he will now take action against Vick. What can he do to Vick that the federal authorities haven't already done?

Gerald Poindexter, the local prosecutor, can huff and puff and seek attention, but that's about it. Vick need not worry much about Poindexter. The federal authorities have the seven witnesses, the financial records, the e-mails and all the other evidence. Poindexter can charge Vick with dogfighting under a Virginia law that makes it a felony, but any punishment the player might serve on that charge would be done at the same time Vick is serving his federal sentence. Poindexter appears to be a bit embarrassed that the feds took over an investigation that he had started, and so whatever action he ultimately takes might be motivated, at least in part, by a desire to save face.

Lester Munson, a Chicago lawyer and journalist who has been reporting on investigative and legal issues in the sports industry for 18 years, is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Solitary Brother
08-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Vick will be back, and I hope he wins a superbowl.

I will win the SuperLotto AND the Megamillions Lotto in the same week.
I will have a 3 way with Paris Hilton and Brittany Spears.
I will solve the problem of Global warming AND bring everlasting peace to mankind.

All in the same week.

I thought since you were dreaming big I could to.

Regards

Solitary Brother
08-22-2007, 06:23 AM

He wont be back.

Michael Vick is a felon!

That is all.

You ramblings are truly sad.
I come from his hometown.
I have lived there for 7 years in the projects poor as fuck as a black man.
I know better than any of you where he came from and I say he is garbage!
Did his "homeboys" make him drown and or electrocute dogs?
Regardless of the answer things dont look good for him.
Either he is a non thinking robot with no personality at all or he is a low class brute and barbarian.........take your pic.
I am so sick of black people excusing bad behavior and criminality yet whining ad infinitum about racism.
I guess everything the "racists" do against us should be excused too.

Realgirls4me
08-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Cult of Athlete, Warped Vick's Values

By Shaun Powell (Newsday)

Michael Vick is not guilty.

No, really, in one sense, despite his plea yesterday, this is the wrong guy. For months, investigators circled their wagons around the Falcons quarterback with the intensity of blitzing linebackers and implied that Vick masterminded the slaughtering of dozens of dogs who couldn't cut it in the ring. They cut deals with members of Vick's posse, who snitched about those brutal dogfights held on his spread in Virginia. Vick, the feds believe, created this.

But who created Vick?

Who gave power and money and influence to someone who has done nothing, other than sling a football, to deserve it?

Who failed to teach him right from wrong, or the importance of making good choices, when they had the chance?

Who unleashed, pardon the expression, Vick on those dogs and turned him into a national disgrace?

Those are the real guilty people. If the feds are correct about Vick's role, then those people also helped strangle and shoot and drown animals that in essence were poisoned by a man who was poisoned himself long ago.

Personal accountability is definitely in order here, make no mistake. What Vick did was heartless and he should do time. But he's a symptom of something larger and troubling: a young man led down the wrong path by an upbringing that wasn't exactly "Leave It to Beaver"; by his "boyz" who leeched off him instead of living their own lives; by a celebrity-inhaling society that elevated him to a god and by a sports league loaded enough to give him a $130-million contract.

Vick didn't build a cruel kennel with just the help of a couple of buddies; he had help from tons of people, the ones who made him who he is, the ones who shaped his character.

He wasn't a spoiled, immature and misguided animal abuser from birth. Actually, he was exactly like your child: an innocent sponge, ready to absorb the world around him. Except his world was probably a lot different from the one you exposed to your child.

He was born to a mother who was still in high school, and by the time Brenda Vick was 21, she had four kids. She was a baby with babies, not unusual in poor black America today. How could she teach them about life when she hadn't experienced life herself? How could she watch her kids when she had to work enough jobs to feed them? Plus, she raised them in the projects, where too many influences are bad.

This was the incubator where Vick's values and morals were shaped. These were the circumstances that also ruined his younger brother, Marcus, who later would be kicked off the team at Virginia Tech for stomping on another player's leg and who once was charged with pointing a gun at a group of kids.

Vick was a great athlete in high school and a superstar at Virginia Tech, where football fever runs high and football players - especially the special ones - are treated like they're, well, special. The coddling of Michael Vick intensified when he arrived in Atlanta as the savior of the Falcons. Interestingly, during a "Monday Night Football" promo a few years ago, Vick was asked what was the best thing about being Michael Vick.

"V-I-P wherever I go," he exclaimed.

The Falcons gave him a monster contract and essentially handed him the keys to the organization, if not the city. But being rich and famous doesn't necessarily hide all the character flaws, and Vick had a few. He used his middle fingers to salute the home fans last season. He was charged by a woman with giving her a disease. There was the water bottle incident at the Miami airport this year. He showed a pattern of irresponsibility. And in every misstep until now, the Falcons covered for him, excused his behavior, looked the other way.

Vick also loved the gangsta culture that uses pit bulls as status symbols. He surrounded himself with buddies from back home, some with rap sheets, and bankrolled them. They played by their rules and amused themselves with dogfights that claimed plenty of canine victims.

But you tell me:

Born to a teenage mother, raised in the projects, consumed by a negative culture, back-slapped by vulture "friends" and elevated by a sports-mad society, who's the real Vick-tim here?

And who's really guilty?

I thought this was an excellent article as to how nurture, particularly to a star athlete, can inadvertently create Frankensteins among us regardless of how much wealth and fame one might have attained years later. The writer hits a homerun as to the conditions that can spawn such people and behavior. Vick was basically back-slapped all of his life into thinking that anything he did was alright simply due to what he did on the field. In this culture of celebrity and sports hero worship, we praise an athlete such as Vick for his exploits and prowess on the gridiron, but offer no empathy or understanding when his warts and shortcomings are exposed for the world to see. I'm certainly not here saying we should give Vick a pass, as he needs to be punished and we as a society need to eradicate such behavior, but as one who grew up in the 'hood, and among many African-American star athletes, I can see and understand how the Michael Vicks, Pacman Jones, and Tank Johnsons come into being. The sad part is that the conditions that created Michael Vick still exist, be they harsh economic situations or the genuflecting of athletes as if they were gods from an early age on up. Our priorities are all fucked up in other words.

Oli
08-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Sorry Real, but that article was the first step in the rehabilitation of Michael Vick. To me it said 'Look, what he did was wrong, but he's a victim also'. What a load of shit. When does Michael Vick take responsibility for his actions? Life is a series of choices, and he has made bad ones.

He chose to take the money and leave college early with out a diploma. The sociology classes (his major) did nothing for him.

He chose to associate with less then reputable people.

He chose to engage in something he knew was against both the law and the rules of his employer (the NFL).

And now, he has chosen to listen to his lawyer, and plead guilty.

KO47
08-22-2007, 08:27 AM

Being indicted is not the same as being convicted, but pleading guilty certainly is. It was his kennel, his money funded it and he directed and controlled its gruesome operations . His cohorts are equally guilty, but just like a low level mobster can roll over on the Don, they rolled like marbles on granite on Vick. They will do less time than him, but they will still be convicted felons in the end.

Vick will probably face a life time ban by the NFL, not for killing dogs, but for lying during the investigation and for gambling, both of which violate their Code of Conduct. It is about money, and if they don't ban him, they risk losing credibility with their fans, and boycotts from everyone else. Since his "friends" only career was being his hanger's on, they will lose their jobs too. And they will all end up in that special place in hell reserved for those who kill and torture helpless animals.

FK

Well said, and even though I don't agree with a "Hell" or any type of afterlife for that matter, let's not forget that these animals were worse than just helpless. Far worse. They were given life and bred by Vick and his crew for the sick entertainment of a number of disturbed individuals. The very fact that grown ups can stand up and cheer for two animals ripping each other to shreds is flat out sickening. It's barbaric at best.

What's even more frightening about this is that how a large number of the population(including star running back Clinton Portis) don't see anything wrong with betraying a species that we humans basically engineered. Dogs in general did not exist in a natural habitat--humans engineered them. This is not the same thing as a lion mauling a gazelle to feed itself. Obviously, there are white dog fight breeders but black folks who support this savagery are way in the wrong.

It's funny though how OJ Simpson and Michael Vick are seen as heroes and Colin Powell and Condoleezee Rice are seen as as sellouts in some communities. I mean, we're talking about a black man who rose through the ranks of the Army all the way to the top and to one of the most prestigous ranks of the White House. Yet somehow, the white man is all to blame for these problems. Open your eyes.

Realgirls4me
08-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Oli,

Have you ever been around athletes, particularly African-American athletes from the 'hood? As one who has, I can tell you that in many cases their lives are nothing like what most kids encounter through their formative years. It's a totally different world, particularly as they reach their late teens and early adulthood. Talk about coddled? In one sense, it's a miracle that a guy such as Vick made it this far: His brother sure didn't.
Yes, he made a lot of bad choices, but they were made without the benefits that many such as you and I take for granted, and which Vick obviously didn't have. He never attained the smarts to let go of the 'hood, and for that he should be pitied, and not just pounced on. The writer, like myself, never have said he shouldn't pay for his crime, by the way. Just to understand how the Vicks of the world are possibly created.

Felicia Katt
08-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Oli,

Have you ever been around athletes, particularly African-American athletes from the 'hood? As one who has, I can tell you that in many cases their lives are nothing like what most kids encounter through their formative years. It's a totally different world, particularly as they reach their late teens and early adulthood. Talk about coddled? In one sense, it's a miracle that a guy such as Vick made it this far: His brother sure didn't.
Yes, he made a lot of bad choices, but they were made without the benefits that many such as you and I take for granted, and which Vick obviously didn't have. He never attained the smarts to let go of the 'hood, and for that he should be pitied, and not just pounced on. The writer, like myself, never have said he shouldn't pay for his crime, by the way. Just to understand how the Vicks of the world are possibly created.
He may not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but his athletic gifts definitely gave him one. He chose to sharpen it into a shiv. He has no one to blame but himself. No one else bears any fault . If he was poor and did dog fighting to feed his family that would be one thing. He was filthy rich with everything and every reason to not risk it He chose to do what he did for his own selfish, thuggish pleasure. Thats another thing entirely. Vick is not short for victim. If he tries to claim he is, he deserves an even harsher sentence.

FK

Oli
08-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Oli,

I played four years of D1 baseball, in Philly, so yes. And I agree, my upbringing was idyllic compared to almost anyone. I understand what you are saying, and would accept it except he's 27. By all accounts, the owner of the Falcons has tried to mentor him. I'm sure his agent has talked to him about his associates and the need to be careful who he spends time with. The league has a week of seminars about personal conduct for rookies that they are required to attend. At some point, the light bulb had to go off. He didn't pay attention to it.

An 18 year old, from a similar backround, in the same situation I could understand and have some empathy for. Michael Vick, Pacman Jones and the others are adults, who have to assume reponsibility for their actions, regardless of the circumstances of their upbringing.

bassman2546
08-22-2007, 02:16 PM

The law is the law. He will get the appropriate sentence according to the Judge, probably not long enough since American athletes always seem to get a slap on the wrist.

Yes, other people have done this, but he got caught and he will pay for his actions. No offense, but that was just a retarded comment you made.

CORVETTEDUDE
08-22-2007, 05:35 PM

He wont be back.

Michael Vick is a felon!

That is all.

You ramblings are truly sad.
I come from his hometown.
I have lived there for 7 years in the projects poor as fuck as a black man.
I know better than any of you where he came from and I say he is garbage!
Did his "homeboys" make him drown and or electrocute dogs?
Regardless of the answer things dont look good for him.
Either he is a non thinking robot with no personality at all or he is a low class brute and barbarian.........take your pic.
I am so sick of black people excusing bad behavior and criminality yet whining ad infinitum about racism.
I guess everything the "racists" do against us should be excused too.

Solitary Brother speaks as an intelligent man. Upbringing is a factor in the development of any one person's character...but, certainly not an excuse. SB, I agree, whole heartedly, the racism has got to stop. I am white(100% Irish), was brought up a military brat. As such, our family lived in base housing, all over the world, next door to other military families, without regard to race/color/creed/etc. My best friends, growing up, were never white. But, am I prejudiced, you bet your ass....against stupidity and racism(keeps me pretty busy). You, my brother, I would be honored to meet.

chefmike
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
A Blood Sport Exposed
Vick's Case Puts Dogfighting Culture in the Spotlight

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/21/AR2007082101997.html?hpid=topnews

chefmike
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Vick plea brings attention to local dog-fighting case

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/aug/21/vick_case_draws_attention_dogfighting/?breaking_news

Quinn
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Oli,

Real,

I respectfully disagree with the notion that Vick should in any way be pitied. Whether he "attained the smarts to let go of the 'hood'" or not was entirely up to him, representing a personal choice. If Vick and people like him are "created," it is becuase they allow themselves be molded/socialized in a particular way. I'm not saying it's easy or equitable; it just simply is.

-Quinn

ezed
08-23-2007, 04:16 AM
My opinion, Vick will serve the year. Atlanta will sue for the portion of the bonus. They won't touch him again ...ever. But they won't give up on the suit.

He better stay in shape in jail. If he doesn't let himself go physically OR mentally. He will be back in the NFL two years from now on one of the worst teams at that time (or with the Oakland Radiers).

The MEDIA (I'm with you on this TS Mandy on another thread) will go lightly on the dog killer front, looking for the bigger story of redemption (ie rehab).

Vick will then go nowhere, because he'll be on a suck team for short money and his number one receiver will be the ball retriever on the sideline. And god forbid if one of his linemen on this dead end team is an animal lover with a long memory.

The revulsion of the public will fade in a couple of months and we'll be on to the next scandel. But I think Michael has forever given up his chance for greatness because he didn't think. He let others do that for him.

Realgirls4me
08-23-2007, 04:24 AM
He may not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but his athletic gifts definitely gave him one. He chose to sharpen it into a shiv. He has no one to blame but himself. No one else bears any fault . If he was poor and did dog fighting to feed his family that would be one thing. He was filthy rich with everything and every reason to not risk it He chose to do what he did for his own selfish, thuggish pleasure. Thats another thing entirely. Vick is not short for victim. If he tries to claim he is, he deserves an even harsher sentence.FK

Sudden wealth does not spawn epiphanies, nor does it bring enlightment. The reason I can scorn, but also pity one such as Vick, is because I grew up in that environment and have seen firsthand the stunted mental and emotional development of athletes such as Vick due to their ability to fling a ball better than everyone else. Sports comes first in that world and to hell with developing into a person of thought, compassion, empathy, and high character, etc. Are you kidding me? All of their eggs are in one basket. ... The fact that he did have millions, and yet at 27 still could not break away from that thuggish culture he hailed from, or feel the suffering he brought those dogs confirms my belief that this man was a hollow suit bereft of any humanity, compassion, and the legal and moral rudder to turn away from that behavior.

I played four years of D1 baseball, in Philly, so yes. And I agree, my upbringing was idyllic compared to almost anyone. I understand what you are saying, and would accept it except he's 27. By all accounts, the owner of the Falcons has tried to mentor him. I'm sure his agent has talked to him about his associates and the need to be careful who he spends time with. The league has a week of seminars about personal conduct for rookies that they are required to attend. At some point, the light bulb had to go off. He didn't pay attention to it.

An 18 year old, from a similar backround, in the same situation I could understand and have some empathy for. Michael Vick, Pacman Jones and the others are adults, who have to assume reponsibility for their actions, regardless of the circumstances of their upbringing.

What does all this tell you about the mindset of a spoiled, detached athlete such as Vick? By the way, I'm glad you bring up the 18 year old example. In many ways, Michael Vick is still 18, if not less mature than one. Think about it: One would have to be incredibly out of it to NOT recognize all Vick had, and still -- STILL -- be drawn to the ugly thuggish lifestyle and behavior of a truly sordid world. Think of all guys like Vick miss out on because they truly are a cup and a saucer short of a full set? Make sense?

Real,

I respectfully disagree with the notion that Vick should in any way be pitied. Whether he "attained the smarts to let go of the 'hood'" or not was entirely up to him, representing a personal choice. If Vick and people like him are "created," it is becuase they allow themselves be molded/socialized in a particular way. I'm not saying it's easy or equitable; it just simply is.

-Quinn

Not if he is incapable of that line of thinking and reasoning. You're giving Vick wa-a-a-ay too much credit. You are assuming he's like us, and he is not; not even close. I might agree with you if you were talking about the Dupont heir who shot and killed that wrestler several years ago, because he had everything Vick did not and certainly should have known better, but Vick came from squalor, and where the only positive reinforcement came from his exploits on the field. Yes, ultimately it was his choice, but it was a choice bereft of any of the decision making "tools" you I and the majority of people simply take for granted. I pity Vick in the way I would pity any moron who would not only vote for Dubya as president twice, but also continue to support him despite the catastrophic failure he's been. They are mindless sheep who vote via soundbytes, hairstyles, image, or what a Conservative tinhorn tells them, and this despite the fact that they may be voting against their very interests. They, like Vick, arrive to their decisions and acts NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER. They can't elevate beyond a certain capped level, and that's why I pity them. It's how they arrived to their decisions which warrants the pity I'm discussing. And I am not comparing what some do at the polls with Vick's horrific acts fwiw.

chefmike
08-23-2007, 05:49 PM
More blood on Vick's hands-

Pit bulls at Vick's house face deadline

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-08-22-1015712039_x.htm

Dino Velvet
08-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Jamie Foxx is vigorously playing the race card and running to the aid of Michael Vick.

http://omg.yahoo.com/jamie-foxx-defends-nfl-star-michael-vick-over-dog-fighting-charges/news/1928

Jamie Foxx Defends NFL Star Michael Vick Over Dog Fighting Charges

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (August 23, 2007) – Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson recently sat down with Jamie Foxx for a candid talk about Jamie's new gig – and even a hot button topic from the world of sports – Michael Vick's dog fighting charges.

Jamie is busy doing his thing on "The Foxxhole," his weekly show on Sirius Satellite Radio show. And while an incredible LG Beach House in Malibu provides a spectacular summer backdrop, no subject is off-limits with Jamie, as Shaun found out during her stay as a special guest.

"Is he really going to jail?" Jamie asked Shaun about Michael Vick.

"Yes, he's going to plea bargain," Shaun said.

Although Vick has been almost universally condemned since agreeing to plead guilty to dog fighting conspiracy, according to Foxx, people should not be so quick to judge the NFL star.

"It's a cultural thing, I think," Jamie said. "Most brothers didn't know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn't know that was Fed time. So, mike probably just didn't read his handbook on what not to do as a black star."

While he has a way of lightening even the most sensitive of subjects, Jamie is sincere in his belief that the quarterback is not being given a fair shake.

"I know that cruelty to animals is bad, but sometimes people shoot people and kill people and don't get time," Jamie continued. "I think in this situation, he really didn't know the extend of it, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Vick is scheduled to appear next Monday in U.S. District Court in Richmond, Virginia. According to reports, the recommended sentencing range will be from 12 to 18 months in prison.

Tail Gunner
08-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Vick is done along with his legs anyways, can't wait to see his teammates get chewed up week after week for his inability to think things thru.

dc_guy_75
08-25-2007, 06:46 AM

I think his crimes are equivalent to child molesting. Of course, there have been greater crimes... so what? He'll serve only year in jail, not a "crimes against humanity" sentence.

Mystique, take your relativism and shove it up your ass.

Realgirls4me
08-25-2007, 08:08 AM
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that
you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does
it or who says it."Malcolm X

If one replaces the word "patriotism" with the term "unconditional support" in that X quotation, we possibly might see what the head of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP was thinking. They, or any organization or person, would garner far more respect denouncing what Vick did instead of coming to his aid. Jaysus, talk about going against the majority of this country's sentiment on that matter, but to excuse it simply because Vick didn't kill a human instead?! Talk about sounding not only insensitive, but outright stupid given the criticism Vick has received since all this unfolded. I know Atlanta is ground zero in this ugly incident, and thus the prejudices by some to support Vick there, but damn, at least think about what you are doing to tarnish the image of the NAACP. Just shut the fuck up!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-08-22-vick-wednesday_N.htm

... It's a good thing the national chapter of the NAACP didn't feel the same way:

Vick Must Be Held Responsible...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7145048

:(

tetsuo
08-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Is vick a transsexual?

dc_guy_75
08-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Is vick a transsexual?yeah, he's a total tranny. The latest of many transsexual, lightning-quick, quarterbacks.

tetsuo
08-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Is vick a transsexual?yeah, he's a total tranny. The latest of many transsexual, lightning-quick, quarterbacks. Thought so, i guess thats why you guys are talking about her so much.

Realgirls4me
08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
There are certain news stories that can't be avoided and simply transcend and trump whatever the topic at hand might be at the time.

tetsuo
08-25-2007, 08:51 AM
There are certain news stories that can't be avoided and simply transcend and trump whatever the topic at hand might be at the time.yes this is very important news front page on all the papers across the world.

hwbs
08-25-2007, 09:19 PM
i love all the other athletes comments...it is just further proof that they think they are above anyone else...these days they start the silver spoon treatment at like 12 years old if some school spots them for having talent in a particular sport.. lol @ their ignorance....

ARMANIXXX
08-26-2007, 03:20 AM

You're just as big of an idiot as you ever were. By all means, let's excuse this sick fuck's barbaric, illegal activities because there are even worse atrocities in the world. What a silly jackass you are.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Full of insults on the internet huh?

I considered returnin em,

But I'm not gonna.

chefmike
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Jamie Foxx is vigorously playing the race card and running to the aid of Michael Vick.

http://omg.yahoo.com/jamie-foxx-defends-nfl-star-michael-vick-over-dog-fighting-charges/news/1928

Jamie Foxx Defends NFL Star Michael Vick Over Dog Fighting Charges

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (August 23, 2007) – Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson recently sat down with Jamie Foxx for a candid talk about Jamie's new gig – and even a hot button topic from the world of sports – Michael Vick's dog fighting charges.

Jamie is busy doing his thing on "The Foxxhole," his weekly show on Sirius Satellite Radio show. And while an incredible LG Beach House in Malibu provides a spectacular summer backdrop, no subject is off-limits with Jamie, as Shaun found out during her stay as a special guest.

"Is he really going to jail?" Jamie asked Shaun about Michael Vick.

"Yes, he's going to plea bargain," Shaun said.

Although Vick has been almost universally condemned since agreeing to plead guilty to dog fighting conspiracy, according to Foxx, people should not be so quick to judge the NFL star.

"It's a cultural thing, I think," Jamie said. "Most brothers didn't know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn't know that was Fed time. So, mike probably just didn't read his handbook on what not to do as a black star."

While he has a way of lightening even the most sensitive of subjects, Jamie is sincere in his belief that the quarterback is not being given a fair shake.

"I know that cruelty to animals is bad, but sometimes people shoot people and kill people and don't get time," Jamie continued. "I think in this situation, he really didn't know the extend of it, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt."

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Vick is scheduled to appear next Monday in U.S. District Court in Richmond, Virginia. According to reports, the recommended sentencing range will be from 12 to 18 months in prison.

I saw that friday, what a dumbfuck he is.

chefmike
08-26-2007, 11:48 AM

I think his crimes are equivalent to child molesting. Of course, there have been greater crimes... so what? He'll serve only year in jail, not a "crimes against humanity" sentence.

Mystique, take your relativism and shove it up your ass.

Co-sign!

chefmike
08-26-2007, 11:57 AM

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Full of insults on the internet huh?

I considered returnin em,

But I'm not gonna.

It wouldn't matter either way, your original post that I responded to has already shown that you are just as full of shit as mystique et al....and BTW, you can stick a fork in your boy conVick, because he's fuckin' done. 8)

chefmike
08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Is vick a transsexual? No, he's a sadistic scumbag.

chefmike
08-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Falcons want $22 million back from Vick
QB must stay on team's roster until issue settled
STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
08/26/07

The Falcons will try to recoup $22 million already paid to suspended quarterback Michael Vick, a person with knowledge of the team's plans told the Journal-Constitution on Saturday.

Vick was suspended indefinitely by the NFL on Friday after he pleaded guilty to federal dogfighting charges in Virginia. That cleared the way for the Falcons to pursue money paid to Vick in signing bonus money.

Vick has received roughly $40 million in guaranteed bonuses — and even more in base salary — but teams are only allowed to try to recoup money paid in signing bonuses, per the collective bargaining agreement with the players' union.

To collect the money, Vick must remain on the Falcons' roster. Therefore the team will not release Vick until the matter is resolved, the person familiar with the situation said.

The Falcons are expected to cut ties with Vick, once their most popular player, once the signing bonus matter is finalized.

If Atlanta receives payment from Vick, the money would be applied to the salary cap of the upcoming season. For example, should Atlanta receive all of the $22 million it seeks before the 2008 NFL calendar year, it would be credited toward the 2008 salary cap.

That would provide a huge windfall of cap space for the Falcons to use in pursuing free agent players.

As for this season, the Falcons will not have to pay Vick his $6 million base salary. However, he will count roughly $8.5 million against their salary cap. Though Vick will remain on the roster, he will be placed on a suspended list, which will allow the Falcons to add a player in Vick's place.

This could be the latest financial hit for Vick. On Friday, Nike official severed its ties with the quarterback, saying in a statement, "We consider any cruelty to animals inhumane, abhorrent and unacceptable."

The shoe giant earlier had suspended Vick's endorsement contract.

KiraHarden
08-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Vick is a piece of shit!
www.youtube.com/kiraharden
www.myspace.com/kiraharden

chefmike
08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Vick is a piece of shit!
www.youtube.com/kiraharden
www.myspace.com/kiraharden

LMFAO...short and sweet!

BTW Kira, that's one smokin' hot avatar! Please allow me to wish you a belated welcome aboard!

JelenaCD
08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
pit Bulls are nasty animals that fight by nature , so this whole story and Peta feeling sorry for nasty mean animal dogs is a joke !

Felicia Katt
08-27-2007, 12:56 AM
pit Bulls are nasty animals that fight by nature , so this whole story and Peta feeling sorry for nasty mean animal dogs is a joke !

http://members.tripod.com/~animom/petey.gif

Petey was a pitbull. Their nastiness is bred and cultivated by men, not nature. Vick and his thugs were killing the dogs who weren't vicious enough. Thats artifical selection, not natural. Feeling sorry for animals who are being exploitated and brutalized for sick entertainment is not a joke. Feeling sorry for someone like Vick, who had everything and chose to immerse himself in that kind of nasty violence, is.

FK

JelenaCD
08-27-2007, 01:18 AM
i have no sympathy for pit bulls , sorry , and anyone that owns one i think is crazy , many animals are born predators , PETA wants to support natural born predators and make believe they are victims !

jmt
08-27-2007, 02:37 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

whatislove
08-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Could you be more delusional? Pit bulls are bred as fighting dogs now and they came from hundreds of years of breeding to be fighting dogs.

"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities." (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840.)

Thats the journal of vet medicine, btw. Here's the website for http://www.atts.org/ that other shit you use as a reference.

Now they can be decent dogs for some people in some situations, but only an idiot would leave a small child near one.

i have no sympathy for pit bulls , sorry , and anyone that owns one i think is crazy , many animals are born predators , PETA wants to support natural born predators and make believe they are victims !

Why would you say some ignorant bs like that when you dont have a clue what your talking about. Pitbulls were the number one family dog in america. They actually had the nickname of the "nanny dog" because of how great they are with children. The American Pitbull Terrier ranks right at the top of temperament evaluations ahead of other so called family breeds.

Alfons Estelt of the American Temperament Test Society, Inc., said, "The American Pit Bull Terriers participating in our temperament evaluation have thus far shown a passing rate of 95%. The other 121 breeds of dogs in our tests showed the average passing rate of 77%.

whatislove
08-27-2007, 03:14 AM
On Vick....

Even if you blow off the whole cruelty thing... Just suppose he bankrolled a greyhound track with the greyhounds and sent slow dogs to become family pets... It's still beyond idiocy. Participating in gambling rings, crossing state lines, tax evasion, organized crime.

It's a laundry list of dumb, dumb shit that will get you a) FIRED, b) thrown in jail.

Mystique do you disagree?

jmt
08-27-2007, 04:11 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia Katt
08-27-2007, 04:30 AM
It doesn't matter if the dogs involved were like Lassie, or like Cerebrus, the threeheaded hound guarding the entrance to Hades, if they were made to fight for blood sport for the perverse pleasure of some thugs, and tortured and killed if they weren't vicious or bloodthirsty enough, they were victims. Michael Vick isn't being prosecuted by PETA, but by the DOJ. Its a crime, not a political social issue. PETA condemns all forms of animal cruelty, and to suggest that Vick did not cruelly victimize these animals is just wrong.

FK

Quinn
08-27-2007, 04:39 AM
It doesn't matter if the dogs involved were like Lassie, or like Cerebrus, the threeheaded hound guarding the entrance to Hades, if they were made to fight for blood sport for the perverse pleasure of some thugs, and tortured and killed if they weren't vicious or bloodthirsty enough, they were victims. Michael Vick isn't being prosecuted by PETA, but by the DOJ. Its a crime, not a political social issue. PETA condemns all forms of animal cruelty, and to suggest that Vick did not cruelly victimize these animals is just wrong.

FK

Finally, some clarity of thought regarding this whole matter. IMO, the extraordinary degree to which a number people have gone to make excuses for Vick's cretinous behavior or obfuscate the issue is beyond ridiculous.

-Quinn

tetsuo
08-27-2007, 05:12 AM
i love all the other athletes comments...it is just further proof that they think they are above anyone else...these days they start the silver spoon treatment at like 12 years old if some school spots them for having talent in a particular sport.. lol @ their ignorance....yes most are idiots who get payed to play kids games, and my theory is that most people don't enjoy watching sports, they were just brain washed as kids (like they do with religion) to watch sports. People also watch sports so that they have something to talk about or so it makes them feel like a man, but lets face it sure sports are fun to play but watching is boring as shit, i mean come on, all the fucking rules, football yeah some one throws the ball someone catches it and runs while a bunch of men try and jump on the guy. Yeah thats entertainment, fucking same shit, same stupid assholes.

tetsuo
08-27-2007, 05:29 AM
i have no sympathy for pit bulls , sorry , and anyone that owns one i think is crazy , many animals are born predators , PETA wants to support natural born predators and make believe they are victims !All dogs are natural born predators, cats as well, and people too! Yeah!!! I learned something new today!!! Wow WEEE Cool!!!

chefmike
08-27-2007, 08:19 AM
I think one can safely say that the callous remarks by mystique, jelena, and all the other sickvick apologists are the epitome of ignorance.

chefmike
08-27-2007, 11:59 AM
There is Fury in the Canine Nation
Peggy Drexler

I was sitting around with my husband and teenage daughter - and our ever-present golden lab Stuart - when I happened to remark that I didn't think Stuart was all that bright.

Retribution came swiftly.

My husband demanded to know why I would say such a thing about a dog that - with the proper training - could almost certainly master long division. My daughter rattled off his encyclopedic knowledge of commands - sit, shake hands, stay and, well, it kind of drops off after that - unless you count: "Stuart, sit there and look happy."

And Stuart took it all in with his normal hanging-tongue and love-struck gaze, until he was interrupted by some pressing business in his lower regions.

As I listened to their defense of Stuart's intellect, it occurred to me that Michael Vick will never play professional football again.

He has messed with the wrong crowd.

According to the Humane Society, there are 73 million owned dog in the United States. Although owned and owner are probably misnomers. How about: inter-species cohabitaters?

Almost 40 percent of US household share their home with at least one dog. Of those, 25 percent have two dogs, and 14 percent have three or more.

Yes, the canine nation is mighty. But numbers are only the dimension of Michael Vick's problems.

There is also the depth. Ask any dog lover, and they will tell you that these animals who share our lives are not property. They are all members of an extended family. Visit your local dog park on a Saturday morning, and listen to conversation strikingly similar to a play-date - with parents discussing the best day care while keeping a close eye on the bullies.

Michael Vick crept into this family under the cover of the deep Virginia woods, and did evil things inside pitch black buildings behind the house on Moonlight Road. He has admitted to brutalizing, torturing and killing not the most cuddly members of the clan, but members just the same.

Just to get a sense of what he is up against, consider some recent trends.

The outside dog house is a relic of our less-enlightened past. Recent statistics say that 80 percent of dogs live indoors.

An American Pet Products Manufacturer's Association survey found that these house dwellers often enjoy their own private space - often their own room. Confirmation of that came Friday in a USA Today story that interior designers have a hot new niche in designing dog rooms - often including DVD players looped with animal shows and separate canopied outdoor entrances with their own address.

The APPMA says we'll be spending $50 billion on pets by the end of the decade. A lot of that is for food. A lot of it is not.

A quick scan of a site called puppytrends.com turns up Kate Spade dog bowls, fruit-scented cleanser for "dirty little fur faces", raised and grassed indoor potty areas, designer dining tables and a 60s retro-print designer dog coat. Other sites offer Swarovski-encrusted collars, dog strollers and flowery spring party dresses.

There are books for planning the perfect dog birthday party, and helpful advice for dog weddings. I found a group advocating -- and offering to facilitate -- marriages between people and dogs (Isn't that what former Sen. Rick Santorum said would happen if this whole gay marriage things got out of hand?).

Interestingly, you find little of any of this for cats. Experts say people don't see cats as a personal reflection of themselves in the way they do dogs. Besides, I'm pretty sure cats would laugh about it behind our backs

Dog funerals are big. As cremation cuts into traditional human funerals, there are now 500 funeral homes offering pet funerals - up from a handful 10 years ago. The number would be much higher, the industry says, were it not for states that frown on the idea of commingling the departed - which is why some firms are building $100,000 separate facilities for pets-only cremations.

Maybe it's an uncertain world that is driving people to overlook the slobber and embrace unconditional love. Maybe it's boomers doing a little emotional back-filling as kids move out. Maybe it's the increase in singles and young marrieds having kids later, who hate coming home to an empty apartment.

Whatever the reasons, it's big trouble for Michael Vick. When he leaves prison, the PETA people will be waiting, and they will hound him (the puns are flying) every place he tries to earn a dollar. Who Let the Dogs Out? will become his life's anthem.

Scanning the extended NFL player rap sheet, there is gambling, recreational and performance-enhancing drugs, DUI manslaughters, assaults, sexual assaults, illegal weapons, disorderly conduct and even murder. In the majority of cases, the highly-paid perp admits the crime, does the time or pays the fine -- then works his way back onto the field and into the good graces of a public that can overlook a lot in return for power, speed and a little remorse.

Not this time.

Sure, many of those who consider Michael Vick a serial killer wrap their little four-legged darlings in angora and put on padded booties when the temperature dips. But they are legion in numbers. They are mad as hell. And they won't forget.

chefmike
08-27-2007, 10:23 PM
SickVick now claims that he's found Jesus...

Now there's a shocker. :roll: There's not very many atheists in foxholes, after all...

SickVick describes his torturing and killing of dogs as "immaturity"...perhaps the same sort of"immaturity" should be inflicted on Vick and his ilk... 8)

Dino Velvet
08-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Is there anyone gullable enough that would actually buy the apology that he attempted today? I hate when people who are facing prison say "I'm sorry" for the sole purpose of receiving a more lenient punishment. There are plenty of shameless defense attorneys all over cable news trying to peddle this apology as legit.

tetsuo
08-27-2007, 11:59 PM
SickVick now claims that he's found Jesus...

Now there's a shocker. :roll: There's not very many atheists in foxholes, after all...

SickVick describes his torturing and killing of dogs as "immaturity"...perhaps the same sort of"immaturity" should be inflicted on Vick and his ilk... 8)I wonder if Jesus owns a pitbull as well, or perhaps he's more into cock fights.

cockgobbler
08-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Maybe I am just cynical by nature, but I somehow fail to believe that Vick is truly sorry. He says he pled guilty to own up to what he had done. Fine. However I seriously doubt if his co-accused had not agreed to testify against him, he would have pled guilty.

And by the way, these poser thugs he hangs with apparently don't follow the "No Snitching" hip-hop code.

dc_guy_75
08-28-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm just happy he found Jesus... hence, creating an opportunity for Al Sharpton (and other religious figures) to convienently come to his defense.

Too bad there isn't a hell for Vick to go to.

whatislove
08-28-2007, 03:27 AM
On Vick....

Even if you blow off the whole cruelty thing... Just suppose he bankrolled a greyhound track with the greyhounds and sent slow dogs to become family pets... It's still beyond idiocy. Participating in gambling rings, crossing state lines, tax evasion, organized crime.

It's a laundry list of dumb, dumb shit that will get you a) FIRED, b) thrown in jail.

Mystique do you disagree?

I addressed Mystique personally because I'm interested in knowing what she thinks about the situation if the "cruelty" aspect were not in the case.

chefmike
08-28-2007, 07:14 AM
I think one can safely say that the callous remarks by mystique, jelena, and all the other sickvick apologists are the epitome of ignorance.

chefmike
08-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Is there anyone gullable enough that would actually buy the apology that he attempted today? Actually there are several people that are gullible enough to buy that BS that have posted in this very thread.

Go figure...

chefmike
08-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Vick says right words but goes a step too far
TOM SORENSEN

He made a mistake when he said he "found Jesus."

Maybe Vick has. But a man who wants to get out of jail or stay out of jail always says he has found Jesus. Find me a man who stands before a judge who has not found Jesus.

It's a cliche. It was one too many.

"I told a judge once that my client had found Jesus," says George Laughrun, a Charlotte criminal defense attorney for 26 years and the rare attorney people I like. "The judge said, `I didn't know he was lost.' "

The Vick who said he rejected dogfighting financed a dogfighting ring. The Vick who said he found Jesus was willing to execute dogs deemed unworthy.

When Vick finished his 23-sentence statement, he departed. He took no questions.

"Every case has one question," Laughrun said. "The question is: Why did you do it?"

My question for Vick -- and for anybody else who gets his kicks watching dogs rip each other up -- is similar.

What's wrong with you?

http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/253527.html

south ov da border
08-29-2007, 06:44 AM
there's nothing he can say or do in this situation besides admit that he screwed up and be done with it. He can't play the I'm sorry role, he can't really do anything besides say I did it and take whetever flack he gets from this...

kink234
08-29-2007, 07:06 AM
My feelings are despite the horrible actions of Mike Vick, he is getting about a year plus and I think given the terms it's good deal. This because if "helps" the feds close down other major dog fighting rings. Considering that 1 yr + is fair deal.

As far as him playing in the NFL, he will play again 100%. If he shows that he truly sorry which I believe he is on the path to understanding that. I believed his apology was sincere and those who say give him a life time ban are a little unrealistic.

Everyone should get a second chance when they screw up and he is no different.

chefmike
08-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Michael Vick's Self-Defeat
Jonathan Capehart

" I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God."

When I heard disgraced Atlanta Falcons phenom Michael Vick utter those words before the cameras in his mea culpa moment just after pleading guilty to a federal dogfighting charge, I let out a primal scream of disbelief. Finding God -- like going to rehab -- seems to be the refuge of choice for celebrities on the wrong side of the law.

Sitting in a chair at Walls Barbershop a short time later, I paid close attention to the reactions of the black men there as the Vick story blared over the radio and that sound bite was played. A gentleman waiting for a haircut snickered. Before leaving, I asked him why he reacted the way he had.

"I'm skeptical," he said.

I'm thrilled not to be alone in not giving Vick a free pass. In the days leading up to Vick's dramatic moment Monday in Richmond, I was growing weary of many African Americans treating him as if he were the victim of an overzealous prosecutor. There were the demands to not rush to judgment. There were the reminders that in America everyone is innocent until proven guilty. And there was the creeping belief that Vick was being singled out because he was a black man who had grown so rich that the white man had to take him down.

Have there been and will there be blacks disproportionately bearing the brunt of criminal prosecutions? Yes. But I refuse to circle my wagons to protect the likes of Michael Vick.

If there is a twinge of anger in that last sentence it's because, as a black man, I am angry -- at Vick and other black men of incredible talent who achieve enviable stature against the odds and then throw it all away. The 27-year-old quarterback in December 2004 signed a record 10-year contract worth $130 million. Yet all it took to snuff out his own career was a criminal dogfighting enterprise called "Bad Newz Kennels," which Vick financed and where he participated in cruelly snuffing out underperforming and losing pit bulls.

His guilty plea came after weeks of lying. He lied to Arthur Blank, the owner of the Falcons. He lied to National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell. And he lied to the legion of fans who marveled at his prowess on the gridiron.

All that money. All that prestige. All that power to do good, to be a positive role model for black boys and men across the country. Black pride in action.

I should have known he wasn't cut out for such a lofty mission when he flipped the bird to booing fans at the Georgia Dome last season after the Falcons lost a game. But while Vick fell short, there are black heroes out there.

The father who comes home every night and provides for his family is a hero. The mother who works two jobs so her children can go to a better school or grow up in a better neighborhood is a hero. The grandparents who give their children and grandchildren a sense of self and worth and place in the world are heroes. But even heroes need someone to turn to. Someone of stature and character who will reinforce the view-- through words and actions -- that the path to success is paved with sacrifice, hard work, perseverance and a whole lot of gumption.

"I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts, and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature, so that means I need to grow up," Vick said in a tone that did strike me as penitent. "I hope that every young kid out there . . . will use me as an example to using better judgment and making better decisions." That's a good first step on the road to redemption, but it will be a very long time before Vick claws his way back to respectability in my book. If ever.

capehartj@washpost.com

chefmike
08-29-2007, 06:34 PM
LMFAO...

Only divine Oprah can rescue Vick

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/COL08/708290344/1081

chefmike
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
VICK STORY EXPOSES UGLY CRUELTY IN AMERICAN SOCIETY

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucgg/20070827/cm_ucgg/vickstoryexposesuglycrueltyinamericansociety

Steve-Oh
08-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I wish this thread would eventually go away.
Everytime I see the word "Vick", I think it has something to do with someone named "Vicki"...

But seriously, if Mr. Vick is truly sorry (I never once heard him express any remorse toward the dogs), he should dig deep into his huge pockets and give lots of his money to any dog shelter, ASPCA or Humane Society. Maybe then, his apology could earn some credibility.

sucka4chix
08-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Ok, I've monitored this thread silently for a while, boiling in anger for various reasons. Now I'll spew forth my venom:
First of all, the obsession that some of you haters have for Michael Vick (yeah that's his name. I think some of you forgot that, so you made up your own monikers), is disturbing. Yeah there's a hell, and some of you will be surprised to know you're probably closer to it than Vick is!
I don't know Mike Vick so I'm not judging him--- not my job. If you're from his hometown, so what? That doesn't automatically make you anything.Vick did some fucked up shit, may not be a very nice guy, I don't know. Never met him. Don't care. I never put him on a pedestal anyway. He's a gifted athlete. That's it. Only makes him your role model if you wanna be a running quarterback, or now, an incarcerated dog fighting entrepreneur.
His biggest crime was being ghetto and ignorant. Once you get to a certain point (multi-millionaire with adoring fans), you need to let some shit go. Like when you become a man you put away childish things. But he couldn't. Many people can't put away their vices. Many people on HA can't. Vick is no different than the married men that sneak out and fuck trannies on the weekend. I know you're thinking " he killed dogs, though". A married man on the DL, can ruin many lives too, human lives.
And as far as the dog killing goes. The crime was training the dogs to be killing machines. After that, killing them was inevitable. He wasn't killing lassie, more like satan!
There is an entire culture that should be evoking more rage and attention than Michael Vick. The culture that says its ok, even coveted to be a thug. You're nothing until you kill someone. That the ghetto isn't a place you should be striving to leave but something to be claiming proudly. Why aren't more of you outraged at this phenomenon? There are many young kids walking around neighborhoods with pitbulls with weights around their necks. It's part of this culture or subculture. This is what needs to be addressed. Vick is only a piece of a much bigger puzzle. If you guys are so concerned, which I know you really aren't, get out and do something about the subculture that spawns the Michael Vicks of the world!

Ok, I think I address all the things bugging me. Thanks

chefmike
08-29-2007, 10:13 PM
What a ridiculous crock of shit!

sucka4chix
08-29-2007, 11:39 PM
What a ridiculous crock of shit!
Yep. The response I expected.

chefmike
08-30-2007, 08:27 AM
That's the response you should expect when you post BS like that. Fuck sickvick and all his apologists!