PDA

View Full Version : New Batman Dark Knight photos

manbearpig
08-17-2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/great-new-hi-res-images-from-the-dark-knight.php

Think Heath can pull it off?

saifan
08-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Nice. I was underwhelmed by the teaser trailer but this looks like it is going to be pretty good. Although I wouldn't have thought of Heath when casting I think not going with an obvious or huge name was the right decision.

manbearpig
08-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Nice. I was underwhelmed by the teaser trailer but this looks like it is going to be pretty good. Although I wouldn't have thought of Heath when casting I think not going with an obvious or huge name was the right decision.

Definitely. He does the crazed Joker look justice lol But Jack Nicholson will always be the best. Is it just me, or does Jack have a creepy smile...?

DonPA
08-17-2007, 10:23 PM
I guess they are going for the painted on white face and not the acid turning his hair green and such. He looks good though.

manbearpig
08-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I guess they are going for the painted on white face and not the acid turning his hair green and such. He looks good though.

Kinda look like the smiley face was burned into him too

BrendaQG
08-18-2007, 12:56 AM

Definitely. He does the crazed Joker look justice lol But Jack Nicholson will always be the best. Is it just me, or does Jack have a creepy smile...?

Yes he does. I was watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" earlier this week. Jack was the Joker and the Joker was Jack. That smile didn't have to be painted on him.

I don't think he will be able to pull it off. I mean the joker in all the previous incarnations had one feature to his madness that it seems that ledgers Joker will lack. Unpredictability, and depth. I mean Jacks Joker could beliveably have a long and relatively sane conversation with someone then seconds latter kill them. You just did not know what he was going to do. Same for the Joker in all the other versions as well (including the TV show and cartoons).

manbearpig
08-18-2007, 02:10 AM

Yes he does. I was watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" earlier this week. Jack was the Joker and the Joker was Jack. That smile didn't have to be painted on him.

I don't think he will be able to pull it off. I mean the joker in all the previous incarnations had one feature to his madness that it seems that ledgers Joker will lack. Unpredictability, and depth. I mean Jacks Joker could beliveably have a long and relatively sane conversation with someone then seconds latter kill them. You just did not know what he was going to do. Same for the Joker in all the other versions as well (including the TV show and cartoons).

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. He could possibly add a darker, more insane spin on the character. With Christian Bale as Batman (who was fantabulous in The Prestige btw) its not too much of a stretch. I'd like to seem em throw Harley Quinn in there too lol Natalie Portman anyone?

Eklipse
08-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Christian Bale is an awesome Batman!

GroobySteven
08-18-2007, 02:29 AM
Jack's Joker was the worst incarnation of The Joker from the Batman comic books. It was Tim Burton's Joker - irritating, colourful and non-threatening. The best casting back then would have been Willem Dafoe who would have needed virtually no makeup. What Burton done to the Penguin was ridiculous also - although DeVito would have been a great menacing, criminal minded Penguin and not the freak in the movie.

Ledger will be great if Chris Nolan directs him right.

seanchai

Coroner
08-18-2007, 05:11 AM
Pathetic. Leave your brain out of the cinema and youŽll have lots of fun. Aaaa.

SkyTwo
08-18-2007, 06:40 AM
I hate to say this, but he looks more like The Crow than The Joker in those stills. Hopefully the boardroom was saying "more psycho" without saying "more emo." The first was a blast, and I'd really hate to see a... sophomore curse.

And is my memory failing me, or was Bale's costume not quite so Michael Keaton? And as much as I hate seeing big stars playing themselves, a la Jack Nicholson as Joker, he was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. And that movie had more quotable lines than you can shake a few good men at.

gunn
08-18-2007, 06:58 AM
OK NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO BEAT JACK IN ANY ROLE HE DOES.BUT REMEMBER PEOPLE WERE DOUTING THAT JACK COULD DO A GOOD JOKER. BUT AFTER SEEING THE MOVE ALL DOUTS WERE GONE I THINK IT WILL BE THE SAME WITH HEATH.THESE GUYS ARE GOOD ACTORS AND COULD PULL OFF MOST ROLES.HOW MANY OF YOU BELIVED THAT,THAT NEW BOND MOVIE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOO? GOOD.

SkyTwo
08-18-2007, 07:17 AM
OK NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO BEAT JACK IN ANY ROLE HE DOES.BUT REMEMBER PEOPLE WERE DOUTING THAT JACK COULD DO A GOOD JOKER. BUT AFTER SEEING THE MOVE ALL DOUTS WERE GONE I THINK IT WILL BE THE SAME WITH HEATH.THESE GUYS ARE GOOD ACTORS AND COULD PULL OFF MOST ROLES.HOW MANY OF YOU BELIVED THAT,THAT NEW BOND MOVIE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOO? GOOD.

Please, people. Don't be like this guy. Don't read Faulkner and post.

Fetish Fanatic
08-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I can't get with that batman mask.. It looks like it should be thinner... fit more to the face..

manbearpig
08-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Jack's Joker was the worst incarnation of The Joker from the Batman comic books. It was Tim Burton's Joker - irritating, colourful and non-threatening. The best casting back then would have been Willem Dafoe who would have needed virtually no makeup. What Burton done to the Penguin was ridiculous also - although DeVito would have been a great menacing, criminal minded Penguin and not the freak in the movie.

Ledger will be great if Chris Nolan directs him right.

seanchai

haha Willem Dafoe, that'd be awesome