PDA

View Full Version : Make Up

TopHeavyCutie
08-16-2007, 01:45 AM
This one is for the girls....and some guys maybe...lol

Just wanna take a quick demographic on what brand of make up that is used most often or that you prefer.

What is the top brand of make up that you use relentlessly?

For me. I am a M.A.C. girl.

If I can't get my hands on some M.A.C. , I'll settle for Covergirl as best second.

youcancallmeclaire
08-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Um... my makeup "kit" consists of eyeliner and um... lip gloss?
Well that's about it really.

It amazes me when people have like 75 different little cases with powders and things.

TopHeavyCutie
08-16-2007, 02:59 AM
lol...oh I know..That gets me too. But whom am I to judge. I have one of those rolly flight attendant type make up cases filled to the brim with All sorts and breeds or loose powders & things.

But most of the time. I just stay simple..a lil loose powder...some mascara..and gloss ..maybe a lil eyeliner...and a lil bronzer on the boobs....ah fuck it......4 hours later........ there ya go!

Luna555
08-16-2007, 03:09 AM

peggygee
08-29-2007, 07:56 PM

It amazes me when people have like 75 different little cases with powders and things.

Mine are fairly simple as well. I wash my face with generic Cetaphil,
or generic Noxzema. Then for a moisturizer I use generic Oil Of Olay.

My lipstick is Loreal, which I stock up on when there are the buy one -
get one free sales.

For the most part I don't wear anything around my eyes as they are very
sensitive. If I wear makeup I may use Covergirl, and if I want to splurge
I may treat myself to some Fashion Fair, or Flori Roberts products.

GIA LOVES RON
10-04-2007, 05:33 AM
I use M.A.C fix foundation. They work wonders for me since I have normal to dry skin. Chanel foundations are very good too, very pricey though but in the long run they make your skin look almost like velvety and the feel to it is wonderful. I would suggest brands such as L'oreal , Max Factor, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Clarins (very good moisturizer), Shiseido (love the toner and the moisturizer as well) , Dior Eyeshadows stays on your eyes forever, Lancome, Estee Lauder has wonderful variety of lipstick especially for women of color like me. I would also recommend the 3 step skin care of Clinique ( they worked for me tremendously). These are my opinion but you should check their consumer reports if you want to buy such brands just to make sure that it would probably work for you too.... Yup, that's about it... :idea:

GIA LOVES RON
10-04-2007, 05:37 AM

Mine are fairly simple as well. I wash my face with generic Cetaphil,
or generic Noxzema. Then for a moisturizer I use generic Oil Of Olay.

My lipstick is Loreal, which I stock up on when there are the buy one -
get one free sales.

For the most part I don't wear anything around my eyes as they are very
sensitive. If I wear makeup I may use Covergirl, and if I want to splurge
I may treat myself to some Fashion Fair, or Flori Roberts products.

I also agree with Peggy when it comes to "not so expensive brands" such as Cetaphil (dermatologists usually recommend this kind of products) , I am using the night cream of Oil of Olay, I've always been faithful to this brand since they are very skin sensitive and they make you feel so beautiful every morning when you wake up...
By the way, Peggy is right with FAshion Fair, again very pricey but worth it!!!!!!!!!!! :idea:

TopHeavyCutie
10-04-2007, 07:31 AM
You know what really works well before putting moisturizer on just before your foundation.....Noxema. I totally love the stuff!

Tyra Banks swears by it. It gives that tingly feeling once off...and your face feels so fresh and so clean clean :)

JANIRA
10-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Althou i have tried a slew of the pricey Brands and the cheaper ones I have found my signiture brand i ADORE all of NARS make up Especially the oil free foundation,, mind you i have never been fond on any type of foundation , i usually would just were concealer on my blemishes if i had any at that point and time,, with some bronzer,,,for a very natural look. I love make up,, but i just hate that caked on look or that feeling of your face being so heavy. But ever since i found NARS it hasnt let me down,,yet.lol.. and i love all of there colors . As far as facial cleansing goes i was in nyc last year and i stopped in at a BARNEYS CO/OP ((MY FAVRIOTE STORE) and bought this Shu uemura oil cleanser its made wit tea tree oil ,, and i have combonation skin but it made my skin feel very soft, and clean,, and he also has very good eye masks,, which i live religiouslly by. But all in all i perfer for facial cleansers and so forth i have to say KIEHL'S is what woks best for me,, I lovvvvvvvve there rae earth mask!