PDA

View Full Version : YANKEE BROADCASTER PHIL RIZZUTO DIES

BeardedOne
08-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Just saw this when I logged on. My first memory of him was in his ads for The Money Store, but I'll never forget his "Holy cow!" signature.

And we'll continue to hear him everytime they play "Paradise by the Dashboard Light".

Vicki Richter
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
RIP TO A YANKEE GOD.

I thought you were dead Mega. How is your very large meaty cock and balls doing?

flabbybody
08-14-2007, 11:18 PM
I spent the better part of my youth listening to his play by play. he made quite a number of mistakes during a typical broadcast, but he had a flair and style that was unmatched. anyone old enough to have seen him as a player?

Realgirls4me
08-15-2007, 02:22 AM
RIP ... I've always wondered why Rizzuto is in the Hall of Fame. He does not have HOF numbers to merit it. Someone -- preferably NOT a Yankee fan -- want to elaborate on that?

omghi2u
08-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Well 'realgirls4me' he was a yankee, so it is inevitable that the whole country will be force fed every last bit of information. No dis-respect to.... whoever the guy is. But give it a week, you might be able to write a biography on the man.

hondarobot
08-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Merv Griffin just died as well. RIP.

hondarobot
08-15-2007, 04:44 AM
This would be "Heh" one. . .

:wink:

ezed
08-15-2007, 05:44 AM
RIP ... I've always wondered why Rizzuto is in the Hall of Fame. He does not have HOF numbers to merit it. Someone -- preferably NOT a Yankee fan -- want to elaborate on that?

I'm a Boston fan. There's alot more to the game than the numbers. Phil brought speed, spirit, fielding and smarts. Clutch plays. And Championships. He has seven I believe. If I as a die hard Boston fan can defend his induction into the Hall of Fame, then it should not be disputed. He was the consumate player, the type of guy who in the locker room, creates championship teams. Numbers don't reflect this type of character. Wins do.

hondarobot
08-15-2007, 06:01 AM
I figured MEGA would have posted by now. You wanna keep going? We'll keep going. You know that by know.

hondarobot
08-15-2007, 06:10 AM
It's a bunch of fucking nonsense, is what it is. Goodnight.

Snoriega27
08-15-2007, 07:05 AM

I guess you can debate whether Rizzuto deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but how he got in was stated succinctly by the NY Times:

"After many years of failing to get into the Hall of Fame, Rizzuto was elected in 1994 by the Hall’s veterans committee, which reconsiders candidates not voted in by sportswriters. Friends like (Yogi) Berra, (Bill) White and (Pee Wee) Reese sat on the committee."

CORVETTEDUDE
08-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Mega...nice to hear from you. Yes, it's a sad day. Phil, as I am told by a very good friend, and Yankee guru, was the oldest living Hall of Famer.

Realgirls4me
08-15-2007, 09:38 AM

I guess you can debate whether Rizzuto deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but how he got in was stated succinctly by the NY Times:

"After many years of failing to get into the Hall of Fame, Rizzuto was elected in 1994 by the Hall’s veterans committee, which reconsiders candidates not voted in by sportswriters. Friends like (Yogi) Berra, (Bill) White and (Pee Wee) Reese sat on the committee."

Aaaaahhhh. I should have known. The old political back scratching at work again I see. I knew those numbers didn't merit being him in the Hall.

freak
08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
when I was a kid I use to watch all the games on WPIX Channel11, I missed his broadcasting. The man was one of the best, RIP