PDA

View Full Version : MADDEN NFL 08 - XBOX 360

sam2982
08-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Greetings fellow gamers...

I'm finally going to step into the next generation. I'm getting an Xbox 360 by the end of the week and with it, Madden 08 (which will be on sale effective 12 midnight tonight). So how many of you actually have game? I will most definitely be on Xbox live and I need a challenge. Since I can't go anywhere or do all that much (thanks to being the victim of a hit & run on friday), I'll have no choice but to take it out on you.

Are you ready for M.E.?

*Smooches*

I am nasty at any and all sports games... my 360 died saturday so I am sending it in to get fixed. I will be out of commission for 4-6 weeks (sounds like a sports injury lol). But, after that I would love to whip some tail.. I also get down with NBA 2k7 and fight night... gamer tag is stu2982

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-14-2007, 01:24 AM
<------------------------ been playing '08 for 4 straight hours now, pays to have little cousins working summers at Gamestop

;)

sam2982
08-14-2007, 01:29 AM
I am nasty at any and all sports games... my 360 died saturday so I am sending it in to get fixed. I will be out of commission for 4-6 weeks (sounds like a sports injury lol). But, after that I would love to whip some tail.. I also get down with NBA 2k7 and fight night... gamer tag is stu2982

*LOL* An early phantom injury...just like T.O. & Randy Moss. That sucks that your system died though. I've heard that has happened to a few people. Hopefully I can avoid it when I get mine. Get well soon *lol* See you in 4-6 weeks.

BTW...since the prices have dropped on the systems, which is better to get? The Xbox Elite or just the regular 360?

The elite is pretty much the same just with more space on the HD... so if you plan on downloading a lot of stuff then go for it... by the way... DO NOT get nba live... game is a joke... get nba 2k8 you will thank me

also, if you like shooters pick up a used copy of gears of war... great game and even better online... My brother is bring over his 360 with madden this weekend... so let me know what your gamertag is and maybe we can get a game in.

sam2982
08-14-2007, 01:31 AM
<------------------------ been playing '08 for 4 straight hours now, pays to have little cousins working summers at Gamestop

;)

lucky f*ck
can we get a review? lol

sam2982
08-14-2007, 01:48 AM
The elite is pretty much the same just with more space on the HD... so if you plan on downloading a lot of stuff then go for it... by the way... DO NOT get nba live... game is a joke... get nba 2k8 you will thank me

also, if you like shooters pick up a used copy of gears of war... great game and even better online... My brother is bring over his 360 with madden this weekend... so let me know what your gamertag is and maybe we can get a game in.

That's what I thought. From the descriptions I've read, it didn't seem like much more than a bigger HD. All that room won't be necessary for me. As for NBA Live Vs. 2K...I must admit, Live has been on a decline and last year was HORRIBLE!!! I've played 2K before. Great game, but I'm giving Live one last shot. They can't get any worse than they did with '07.

I'm not really big on shooters, but Halo caught my attention. Other than that, they just don't seem to keep my attention.

rent live and 2k8... dont waste 60 bucks on live you will be very disappointed

timxxx
08-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Sorry can't help with Madden 08, we play proper football on this side of the Atlantic. I can only second what sam2982 says about Gears Of War
the game is proper nice(awesome)you NEED to get that!

sam2982
08-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Sorry can't help with Madden 08, we play proper football on this side of the Atlantic. I can only second what sam2982 says about Gears Of War
the game is proper nice(awesome)you NEED to get that!

you play a little fifa?

timxxx
08-14-2007, 02:27 AM
you play a little fifa?

fifa hell no! PES 6
lets not fight just admit PES 6 is better than fifa :)

I'm not really big on shooters, but Halo caught my attention. Other than that, they just don't seem to keep my attention.

Like you don't a big fan of shooters but Gears Of War is much more than just a shooter.Rent it l bet you will be hooked.

sam2982
08-14-2007, 02:43 AM
you play a little fifa?

fifa hell no! PES 6
lets not fight just admit PES 6 is better than fifa :)

Like you don't a big fan of shooters but Gears Of War is much more than just a shooter.Rent it l bet you will be hooked.

honestly, i haven't played fifa in years so i can't argue with ya

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-14-2007, 03:06 AM

;)

lucky f*ck
can we get a review? lol

1st off let me say I am a DIEHARD Fifa fan

BUT

I've been playing Madden since the original cartridge version on the Sega Genesis back in 1991. It was the 1st game I ever bought, actually I bought the genesis and the Madden game the same day and I'll never forget all my friends with Nintendo Tecmo bowl seeing Madden and going "holy shit"

I'm gonna be honest with you, this shit has not changed much since '06, '08 to me is full of nice features but it's basically the same gameplay. I can't wait to get my hands on a PC version because at least then I'll get to test out my videocards which have always blown me away with Madden football.

If you're a Madden fan, you WILL NOT be dissapointed. I love being able to pick up the controller and just continue like I have for years..........

hwbs
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
sent out my 360 ,lol.... seems like everyone i know has done this a few times ,lol...i am not going to get it...i don't know why everyone goes out and buys the same game from last year , lol...everyone says they are great....well maybe in their local home game... then try to play online and get pwned...i will stick to gears online ....looks like my top 10000 ranking will go out the window with my baby gone for 2 months....

i buy madden every once in awhile...usually after they lower the price to $20....only sports game i love is tiger woods...that shit is almost as addictive as tetris..

blckhaze
08-14-2007, 10:01 PM

;)

lucky f*ck
can we get a review? lol

1st off let me say I am a DIEHARD Fifa fan

BUT

I've been playing Madden since the original cartridge version on the Sega Genesis back in 1991. It was the 1st game I ever bought, actually I bought the genesis and the Madden game the same day and I'll never forget all my friends with Nintendo Tecmo bowl seeing Madden and going "holy shit"

I'm gonna be honest with you, this shit has not changed much since '06, '08 to me is full of nice features but it's basically the same gameplay. I can't wait to get my hands on a PC version because at least then I'll get to test out my videocards which have always blown me away with Madden football.

If you're a Madden fan, you WILL NOT be dissapointed. I love being able to pick up the controller and just continue like I have for years..........

Oh man Tecmo was that sjit till madden. My frst maden was '03 for the game gear. Man i burned thru so many AA batts it wasnt funny. Good to hear madden isnt changed to much. There isnt too much they cn really improve on. It one of the few sports game thats extremely realistic and great for beginners and experts alike.

hwbs
08-14-2007, 10:07 PM
if i would buy one it would be for the wii ...graphics aren't as good but game play is unmatched from other platforms..

Master_A
08-15-2007, 07:58 PM
been playing it for 2 days, well on a real console.

hwbs
08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
if u are referring to me , i have about 4 platforms to play it on... :twisted:

houstonshemalefan
08-15-2007, 11:27 PM
I would recommend a PS3 in order to avoid all the "Ring of Death" and "Disc Read Error" dramas.

meghanchavalier
08-15-2007, 11:27 PM
When Halo 3 comes out I'm going to kick all of your asses :twisted:

hwbs
08-16-2007, 01:41 AM
do u play gears or just strictly halo online?

meghanchavalier
08-16-2007, 04:11 AM
I'm a gamer geek I love playing. I like to play the game but since Halo went online I usually bypass the game for the online play. By the way, the new graphics on Madden 08 are pretty awesome!

sam2982
08-17-2007, 01:07 AM
got the pre paid box from xbox today and shipped it out... lets hope I get it back sooner than later
again, my gamer tage is stu2982 and my brother is bring over his 360 tomorrow with madden plus we play nba 2k7 so send me a friend request or something and we can get it on

Legend
08-17-2007, 02:19 AM
MYSTIQUE,did you watch aots today if you did you might wanna wait until you get a 360.

sam2982
08-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Is the strategy guide necessary? I've never needed it before, but wasn't sure if there was extra stuff I'd need to know.

For Madden? No way... strategy guides are for pussies!

Legend
08-17-2007, 02:34 AM
MYSTIQUE,did you watch aots today if you did you might wanna wait until you get a 360.

I didn't catch it. What happened?

The loop was about how all xbox 360's were faulty and suffer from the dreaded three rings of death and microsoft refused to acknowledge it yet they offer a 3 year warranty if you suffered from it.

Strong_Drink
08-17-2007, 03:31 AM

The loop was about how all xbox 360's were faulty and suffer from the dreaded three rings of death and microsoft refused to acknowledge it yet they offer a 3 year warranty if you suffered from it.

I just checked out G4TV's website and read a few things about it. I've heard that a lot of people experienced the RROD. However, could that be because they play it for days at a time? From everything I've been hearing, it's more so an overheat problem. Still, it must be better than PS3. With all the consoles that have died, Xbox 360 is still leading in sales and people still continue to send it back and wait for the replacement.

I GOTTA HAVE IT!!! :twisted:

Its more of a problem with the first generation of 360s. The Elites and the newer manufactured models don't have as many problems.

The games and the 360 itself are fantastic.

sam2982
08-17-2007, 04:36 AM

I just checked out G4TV's website and read a few things about it. I've heard that a lot of people experienced the RROD. However, could that be because they play it for days at a time? From everything I've been hearing, it's more so an overheat problem. Still, it must be better than PS3. With all the consoles that have died, Xbox 360 is still leading in sales and people still continue to send it back and wait for the replacement.

I GOTTA HAVE IT!!! :twisted:

plus you are covered if the 3 rings of death happens... its a pain to send the x box in but at least they will fix it