PDA

View Full Version : Billy Jack. Seriously.

SkyTwo
08-06-2007, 09:48 AM
It recently came to my attention that the director/writer/actor/producer, etc. of the Billy Jack movies is currently soliciting contributions for another movie. In his own words:

"an extremely powerful, deeply inspiring, yet a totally different kind of film in both content and form, unlike any yet made – a film that will impact the 2008 election!"

Surely there are some folks here who can talk about how cinematic icon (and I use the term loosely) Billy Jack would influence the 2008 race for control of the White House and Congress.

Or maybe you'd just like to share a few thoughts about the man who preached peace, love and non-violence-- until some dumb bastard crossed him and got his teeth knocked out. Time to be the bigshot movie director you've always wanted to be! Go nuts!

Caleigh
08-06-2007, 09:38 PM
the film that i'm looking forward to is the upcoming one
by Alejandro Jodorowsky. his last film was "Santa Sange"
and whatever he does is totally trippy and hallucinatory.

hondarobot
08-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh no. Both Tom Laughlin and Alejandro Jodorowsky are making new movies? Personally, I can't stand either of those guys.

Luis Bunuel will rise from the grave, bitch slap both of them, and then take over the world. Following world conquest, Luis will then walk to a local park and spend the rest of the evening yelling at squirrels.

History will view his brief term as global dictator as a complete bunch of nonsense.

ILuvGurls
08-06-2007, 11:29 PM
and while we are at it lets make just one more installment of Walking Tall. :roll:

Dino Velvet
08-07-2007, 03:26 AM
the film that i'm looking forward to is the upcoming one
by Alejandro Jodorowsky. his last film was "Santa Sange"
and whatever he does is totally trippy and hallucinatory.

Just watched my imported Santa Sangre DVD again about a week ago. That movie is nuts. I bought the Alejandro Jodorowsky Box Set and can't understand why they didn't include Santa Sangre in it.

GroobySteven
08-07-2007, 03:29 AM
Hey where did you get Sante Sangre on DVD please? I'd love to get it - been waiting for ages for it.

I can't wait to see something new from him!

I actually watched a classic for the first time this weekend - not sure how I'd never sat down for it before, La Strada. Fantastic.

seanchai

hondarobot
08-07-2007, 03:39 AM
Hey where did you get Sante Sangre on DVD please? I'd love to get it - been waiting for ages for it.

I actually watched a classic for the first time this weekend - not sure how I'd never sat down for it before, La Strada. Fantastic.

seanchai

You like Sante Sangre? It sucks. Why do so many film enthusiasts like that movie? Good camera work, I'll give it that much.

Dino Velvet
08-07-2007, 03:41 AM

seanchai

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=Santa+Sangre&sacat=11232%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

I bought mine super cheap on ebay but the link above doesn't have my region 1 version. If you have a region free DVD player, you can get the Anchor Bay PAL version.

Or, go to http://www.horrorflix.ws/readarticle.php?article_id=515 and download it for free.

GroobySteven
08-07-2007, 03:43 AM

seanchai

You like Sante Sangre? It sucks. Why do so many film enthusiasts like that movie? Good camera work, I'll give it that much.

Jesus, shut up for once, Honda - you've stated you don't like it - noted but nobody cares like most of your worthless ramblings. I'm not trying to enforce my like of the movie or director on you - I'm asking Dino where to get it, not soliciting your opinion.

seanchai

hondarobot
08-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Heh. It still sucks.

:P

hondarobot
08-07-2007, 03:51 AM
Oh, Video Search Of Miami probably has it on dvd. I haven't looked, but it's worth a shot.

SkyTwo
08-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Sheesh, can't a guy start a thread on Billy Jack without it turning into a big drama?

But now that it's too late, I'll add that Santa Sangre is wildly overrated. The cinematic equivalent of being put in a dimly-lit room and being repeatedly hit over the head with The Really Big Book of Freud.

If Billy Jack lost his arms, on the other hand, he wouldn't be mincing around in a ball gown. He'd still be kicking the crap out of wigged-out bikers and delivering fiery orations in front of the senate-- and that's after knocking Buford Pusser on his sorry ass with nothing but a fried clam sandwich.

Because he's... Billy Jack. The only man with two first names you can trust. Forget the Jodorowsky DVD. Get yourself one of these sweet hats and you'll command respect from everyone you see.

hondarobot
08-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Sheesh, can't a guy start a thread on Billy Jack without it turning into a big drama?

Nope. Billy Jack is one of the drama triggers. You have much to learn.

:P

tsluva
08-12-2007, 03:52 AM

i wonder if they would probably alter/change up the Billy Jack
character into a bit more action-fighting figure than a political one.

Jason Statham ( Transporter, Crank,WAR) would probably make
a good choice as Billy Jack if they were to go that way.,,

SkyTwo
08-12-2007, 05:54 AM
I think that those old Billy Jack movies are stupid. :P

Are you kidding? The color scheme in Billy Jack Goes To Washington is a brilliant example of Laughlin using the environment to depict his character's inner conflict and and a sense of alienation that only increases as Billy Jack gains access to the corridors of power.

And the casting of Jane Russell in Born Losers is a sharp criticism of a society that is willing to commodify anything-- including people. Decades ahead of its time.

SkyTwo
08-12-2007, 06:53 AM
I think that those old Billy Jack movies are stupid. :P

Are you kidding? The color scheme in Billy Jack Goes To Washington is a brilliant example of Laughlin using the environment to depict his character's inner conflict and and a sense of alienation that only increases as Billy Jack gains access to the corridors of power.

And the casting of Jane Russell in Born Losers is a sharp criticism of a society that is willing to commodify anything-- including people. Decades ahead of its time.

I can't say that i'll ever see it your way pal. I have watched them on occasion over the years (they're rarely shown) just to have something to laugh at, rather than as something to be taken seriously. :lol:

I was kidding. Although the first two are pretty entertaining for their camp value. I just thought the site could use a big, butt-kickin' dose of...

BILLY JACK!

SkyTwo
08-18-2007, 06:17 AM
That Billy Jack is one bad mutha.....

SkyTwo
08-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Shut yo mouth!

SkyTwo
08-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey, I'm just talkin' 'bout Billy Jack!

SkyTwo
01-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Coming soon to an ass-whoopin' near you!

SkyTwo
02-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I think it's the plausibility of the Billy Jack films that gives them their timeless feel. Watch just a couple of scenes, and you can't help but think "That shit could really happen!"

SkyTwo
02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
It's almost an anniversary of some sort for this thread. Share your favorite bit of Billy Jack nostalgia on this special occasion!

Odelay
02-02-2009, 08:43 AM
I remember being around 12 years old when the first Billy Jack movie came out. I never saw it. But for some reason a line in that movie is memorable because my best friend went and saw it and would often repeat the line and cause me to double over with laughter.

This might not be an exact transcript but close enough...

"I'm gonna plant this boot on that cheek and there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

SkyTwo
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I remember being around 12 years old when the first Billy Jack movie came out. I never saw it. But for some reason a line in that movie is memorable because my best friend went and saw it and would often repeat the line and cause me to double over with laughter.

This might not be an exact transcript but close enough...

"I'm gonna plant this boot on that cheek and there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

:lol: That's hilarious. Anyone who can say that while wearing a goofy hat is either as tough as he claims or so insane you just don't want to mess with him.

SkyTwo
02-09-2009, 04:34 AM
This just in! Apparently Steven Seagal made a Billy Jack movie (fifteen years ago or so). Since American action movies are totally retarded-- aside from the Billy Jack films, of course-- I hadn't seen On Deadly Ground. But according the Onion's writers, Seagal made himself a film with the theme of "guy lectures people on mystical mumbo jumbo and non-violence, then breaks their legs."

Only he got fifty MILLION dollars to do it, and it was every bit as ba-- I mean, unlike the Billy Jack movies, it was apparently really bad.

The moral of the story? Don't invest in any ponytailed man's movies or music. Even if Michael Caine is involved. But especially not if a clarinet is involved.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/earthfriendly-case-file-130-on-deadly-ground,23400/[/img]