PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Side Of The Rainbow

hondarobot
08-02-2007, 04:22 AM
We've been screwing around with this Numark dual dvd deck at work for awhile. It's made for video DJ kinda stuff, and it is what it is. Kinda cool. But it made me think of the whole "Dark Side Of The Rainbow" thing, where supposedly a person could cue up "The Wizard Of Oz" to "The Dark Side Of The Moon" and it works as a soundtrack. After many years of hearing about this, I finally checked it out.

It's kinda odd, actually. Anybody who want's to sit through the whole thing can search Youtube for it, it's posted in segments. Here's a scene if you're too lazy to do that. I'm not saying the sync is perfect, but it's amusing at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvT-C8QArok

tsntx
08-02-2007, 05:13 AM
sync isnt perfect through out the whole thing and you have to be really trying to find things for the kawinky dinks to even get close or noticed

hondarobot
08-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Well, you'd have to be stoned. That's how the original connection was made. But the movie and album do seem to match up at times. And no, I'm not stoned.

:)

TJT
08-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Neat!

Art Bell used a mix of that soundtrack and Dark Side of The Moon as bumper music on his radio show years ago. It was pretty neat.

You'll be able make that vid look real slick if you keep at it.

hondarobot
08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
I didn't make that, but you're right it is kinda cool.

Despite what Jen says.

:P

johnb
08-02-2007, 08:36 AM
this is as old as the hills.
when the house is spinning in the tornado scene, there is a chick basically singing in aria...no words, but yet the name of the song is "the great gig in the sky".
when the house lands, and dorothy opens the door, the movie goes to color, at exactlly the same time that the song "money" starts.
when she finds the scarecrow, (the lunatic is on the grass, got to get the loonies back on the path) the name of the song is "brain damage".
the "syncronicities" on both played at the same time are endless.
got a friend who is a record producer, and he told me that for any cd, or albumn, in this case, that a group will submit 15-20 songs, then it is up to the producer/engineer to determine what songs end up on the recording, how long they are, and in what order.
the producer/engineer for this album is Alan Parsons...therein lies the culprit

youcancallmeclaire
08-02-2007, 09:15 PM
I have a version of this that got encoded to dvd upside-down somehow.

I think the evil spirits had something to do with it.

tsntx
08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
so is this the "Alan Parsons Project" dr. evil referred to?

lol

Willie Escalade
08-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Even though I wasn't high, it did trip me out a bit...especially when the house was spinning in the air.

D'yer Mak'er
08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
The band denied that it was purposely done, but Gilmour hinted that they did intend that in several interviews in the 90's.

ezed
08-04-2007, 06:41 AM
I think it's neat.