PDA

View Full Version : When Myspace Profile owners die...

whatsupwithat
07-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Ever wonder what happens to myspace profiles when their owners die?

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article-list.aspx

And here's an article about it:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/watercooler/hot_topics_article.aspx?storyid=125610

Personally, i find it odd, morbidly fascinating, a revealing snapshot of people who are no longer here.

It also reminds me that I only have today and that tomorrow I may not be here.

Nikka
07-30-2007, 06:52 PM
if I die I hope my music last 50 years like evlis presley

tsmandy
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
A friend of mine passed last year when all that bad junk was floating around the east coast, and her profile is still up on Friendster and My Space. It doesn't seem right to take her off my friend list, but at the same time, it makes me sad everytime I see it.

Vala_TS
07-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I have wondered that for a while. And for lots of sites as well, I guess it's not too much of an issue since the internet is a relatively new thing and there haven't been too many cases of dying with online info left over. Maybe in the future this will become an issue when the internet community becomes older.

Vala,

hondarobot
07-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Admittedly an interesting topic. I'm not clicking that link, myself, though. That just seems like one of those "bad mojo" things. But yes, interesting. I'd never really thought about, actually.

TsVanessa69
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I know its kind of creepy. I see Ariels profiles up on x-peeps and myspace. Guys still post comments, but her myspace is now filled with comments from those who miss her. There is no clue on her x-peeps profile that she has passed.

Dkg
07-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I know its kind of creepy. I see Ariels profiles up on x-peeps and myspace. Guys still post comments, but her myspace is now filled with comments from those who miss her. There is no clue on her x-peeps profile that she has passed.

who was ariel??

SteamMillenia
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
It definitely is kind of creepy, but still fascinating. Strangely, it brought to mind the Recoleta cemetery in Buenos Aires. I guess it evokes a similar curious emotion. (in me, anyway)

yodajazz
07-30-2007, 09:08 PM
I had visited the site previously in response to a local newpaper article. It is fascinating. There were lots of young people who died in motor accidents. Someone reading that would maybe take extra care in driving.

One I read that I was amused by, was one where a woman was killed by a man she met on Myspace, and dated.

People do often have to be reminded that tommorow is never garunteed. We need to enjoy and appreciate the good things we have today.

Bigguy
07-30-2007, 10:58 PM
who was ariel??
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=12002

austinjohn1
07-30-2007, 11:11 PM
heres one of a bully in my old highschool, i always thought it was weird that they honored him by hacking his myspace and making it a memorial. and if they didnt hack it than meh. the idiot decided to run out onto the highway to chase a soccer ball and got hit by an suv going 80 mph, died instantly

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=86205188

TsVanessa69
07-31-2007, 12:37 AM

who was ariel??
Yes Ariel Andrews, or as you guys knew her, Ts Lola. Geat girl, very close with my best friend. I never got to meet her.

tsntx
07-31-2007, 12:48 AM
i remember wen dead myspace 1rst came up in news a year or so ago that while looking through it i noticed most were suicide.

hondarobot
07-31-2007, 12:59 AM
What a lousy deal that would be.

"I got Myspace out of the way, I guess I'm done". Blam. Dead.

The whole thing is interesting though. 100 years from now, little moments of millions of peoples lives will still be somewhat relevant on whatever Myspace evolves into. I don't know why I find that interesting at the moment, but I do.

hondarobot
07-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Hmmm. Myspace will eventually become a massive graveyard, to an extent, which is odd when you think about it. I can't think of anything like that before in human history, on that scale.

It's just odd and interesting, in some weird way. The world is changing.

youcancallmeclaire
08-03-2007, 04:48 AM
That would be a really great way to record the past if you think about it. I mean, how much do you really know about the personalities of your ancestors that died before you?

Now we can read their blogs and find out what member of nsync they were most like, what kind of flash games they played to win ipods and xboxes, or even how much of a rebel they were considered to be by a poorly written html algorithm.

How awesome will that be?

andyuk
08-19-2007, 02:58 AM
sad to read.
will give it a miss