PDA

View Full Version : Sisters speak about men on the down low

62des
07-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Those homos. Man+Man= Gross But that's not even the problem. The problem is that they don't use condoms. I'm scarred for life cz of this thread. :cry:

62des
07-29-2007, 08:13 PM
lol I haven't seen it yet. It was too long. I'll watch it later. Maybe you can just sum up the important parts because those shits are long as hell.

peggygee
07-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Those homos. Man+Man= Gross But that's not even the problem. The problem is that they don't use condoms. I'm scarred for life cz of this thread. :cry:

I watched both of them, found them very interesting.

D/L activity or the sexual indiscretions of people doesn't surprise me at all.

What might be interesting to note is that the MSM (men sleeping with men)
activity cited, often takes in men sleeping with transsexuals, not just
homeboy with homeboy dalliances.

While we here on this forum may question the accuracy of that, health
departments, researchers, your wives, and girlfriends will say that if
you are bedding down with anybody with the same plumbing, and hiding
it, that you would be on the down low.

But I think the most important thing to take away from the two clips, is
that you should know your STD status, and ideally the status of anyone
that you are sexually intimate with, and exercise the appropriate
precautions.

The life that you save, may not only be your own, but that of a loved one.

whatsupwithat
07-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Awesome. Thank you for the link. The DL is a major problem especially when it comes to HIV/AIDS.

62des
07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
^ I dig that last quote that you mentioned. Blaming others instead of yourself even though you were sleeping with multiple partners unprotected. That puts a TON of pressure for straight guys who've contracted a disease like that. The first thought about him would be that he got the virus from another guy. That's really sad. There's so many false assumptions about how to tell. They mentioned exchanging phone numbers??? Haven't they ever heard of friends that get together to go out looking for women? I'm really confused. But I do get the part where the guy said that he gave him a card without even knowing him. Although I'd only exchange numbers with businessmen and friends that I already know. That card thing was definitely gay though. It makes me offended a little as a man because now women have to look at you and wonder. That would seem a bit uncomfortable. But I have another thought. Why the hell would guys talk about this topic? Just out of the blue come out and say so what's up about this DL thing? If you're a guy, why would that even need to be brought up when you're into women. I think that's a really dumb question. But it does make sense that us guys talk about the women who sleep with women behind closed doors. That's a different story though because we're trying to get with women and I can't lie that thought pops in my head sometimes. Why worry about DL men when you like women. I guess this DL thing is mutual for both men and women but the world has the emphasis on men.

62des
07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
^ Why did you quote me? The quote was about guys talking about other guys on the DL. Not complimenting guys. Yea guys never compliment other guys. But lets not turn this whole phone number thing into a sign of homosexuality. Guys don't get the phone numbers of other guys unless they know each other from work or other social places that they interact around each other like school or somethin. Guys get other guys numbers that they KNOW for the purpose of hanging out and of course scammin on women. You know, doing GUY THINGS. There's such a pressure on straight guys today not to come off as gay. There's way too much emphasis on this shit. Women calling men gay because their not being aggressive? That's just an excuse for them to redeem theirselves from not getting hit on to ease their own insecurity. We need to become more in tune with ourselves and not worry about what people think about us. So what if a girl thought you were gay, that's just one person in the world. Unless it threatens your good reputation at a social workplace or such, why worry when you'll probably never see her again? To tell you the truth the media has blown this subject out of proportion and I actually never heard this subject outside of computer or on TV.

Dkg
07-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Why the hell would guys talk about this topic? Just out of the blue come out and say so what's up about this DL thing? If you're a guy, why would that even need to be brought up when you're into women.

He said the guy "complimented him". Guys don't compliment guys unless you're dogs from child hood. Only then is it allowed to compliment with saying "your outfit looking fly dog" or, "I see how you rocking playa".

For some guy out of the blue to compliment and he don't know your name. That's a sign he's trying to get at you. I know exactly what they are talking about because I get clowns trying to socialize when I don't even know them. I hate that shit, very annoying.

LOL yeah it's true. Guys also don't ever admit to one another if they consider someone to be a good looking person, even when it's not on a sexual level, but of course there's no problem saying who's ugly.

anyways, I don't consider TS women to be "men", so I don't see why it would be kept on the DL. Well, I could, but I personally wouldn't. Maybe one day society will be more open about this issue.

peggygee
07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
R. Kelly's 1996 hit, Down Low (Nobody Has to Know), put a name to
the 'creepin' going on in the hood

Somewhere along the line, the term took on the connotation of guys
getting busy with their homies.

R. Kelly - Down Low Lyrics

Listen girl you want me but he needs you
Yet you're tellin' me that everything is cool
Tryin' ti convince me baby to do as you say
Just go along and see things your way
Chorus:
And keep it on the down low- nobody has to know
We can keep it on the down low- nobody has to know
Secret lovers is what you wanna be
While making love to him, girl you're silently calling on me
What is a man to do in a situation like this?
I feel there is something that I don't wanna miss
Chorus (2x)

peggygee
07-30-2007, 09:54 PM
[quote]

6:55 mark

I really hate when those guys try and pull shit like this. It's very annoying and I think even more disrespectful to the person that is being approached. A lot of these guys assume that because they see you with a transgender woman and I can be;

*Conversing with her on the train
*Giving her a seductive hug
*flirtatious actions like playing with the palm of hand or patting her inner thigh during conversation, letting her sit on my lap on the Bus or Train. (Not really that flamboyant, but an example)

Just because those actions may have been practice between me and said Transgender woman, doesn't give this guy the right invade my space by trying to associate with me by asking for my number or anything. Get lost buddy, strictly chicly for me. :roll:

Was this in the clips, and I missed it, or is this referring to something else?

crayons
07-30-2007, 10:01 PM
if a man sleeps with a clubkid is that considered downlow activity?

Dkg
08-02-2007, 12:09 AM

what the heck is a clubkid?

ohioboy
08-02-2007, 03:10 AM
LOL wow@ the clubkid thing. That is weird. I guess I don't go to those types of clubs.

The black community is in a tough spot...I wouldnt know where to start. They are some of the most conservative people in America if you look closely, yet they often vote Democrat.....think about that. It seems simple but its a microcosm of African-Americans.

How many groups of people do you know with the split between Christianity and Islam like that? And Im not talking whites as a whole, even tho 99 percent are christian.

Blacks in America have no identity...they dont know where they fit. They want to belong, but for so long they werent allowed.
Why do you think hip hop spread so quickly? It was a way to represent themselves.

peggygee
08-02-2007, 03:32 AM
How many groups of people do you know with the split between Christianity and Islam like that? And Im not talking whites as a whole, even tho 99 percent are christian.

Good point about how Black America embraces both Christianity and Islam.

African-Americans make up about a third of the estimated 4 to 8 million
Muslims in the U.S. -- conservatively, around 1.5 million, nearly 5 percent
of all African-Americans. According to a poll conducted in 2001 by
Muslims in the American Public Square (MAPS). 20 percent of African-
American Muslims are converts while 80 percent were raised Muslim.

http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=2877

sexyredman
08-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Guys shouldn't worry about being approached by another guy. If that is not your flavor, you can respectfully tell him that and keep it moving, but there is no need to be disrespectful if they are keeping their distance and not disrespecting you. In chances for love, people take stabs in the dark, gay, straight, or whatever.

Chuck
08-03-2007, 06:31 AM
As a black man who is into transgender women I do not consider myself DL in the least because I always treat her like a lady -- especialy in public. If I can't treat her like a lady then there's no use wasting her or my time. I know most black women would disagree though. I think this whole DL thing is overstated, exagerated, and leads to a type of paranoia that is even more detrimental to black people than it is to white people. For starters, I do not think that black men are any more prone to being homosexual or DL than white men, yet black women clearly have a paranoia about the whole thing that white women do not have. This leads the current young generation of black men to overcompensate with violent, thuggish, uncultured behavior as if to prove their masculinity to black women. A lot of the brothers I know date outside of their race to get away from this BS, not because they are self hating black men as many black women would presume. But that's going into another sub-topic.

I think black women have been bamboozled on this subject by gay black writers more than happy to exploit and entertain black female fear and make a few dollars while at it. Like I said already. It just doesn't seem as if the average white woman is as preoccupied with this issue as are black women. WHY IS THAT?

However if I am wrong and this is a uniquely black problem (and I do mean if) then one cannot help but wonder if the higher percentage of black men going through the criminal JUST US system contributes to this DL phenomenon.

Dkg
08-03-2007, 03:21 PM

what the heck is a clubkid?

Non-Transgender here men view by other men but NOT considered Gay by the Down Low Board of Approval (http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18584) The verdict is still in recess. :roll: :roll: :roll:

oh hell no. basically a feminine guy? Nah no thanks.

62des
08-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I view DL as MEN sleeping with MEN. If you told a person you were bi-sexual, they would assume you like MEN and women. Transexuals don't fit into the man category and I'm sure transexual wouldn't even cross the other person's mind. A lot of people got TV, CD, and TS fit into the same category and they are not.

62des
08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Well just what IS right Mr. know it all.

62des
08-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I thought this topic was just about men on the DL... Men sleeping with different women can be on the DL. Jsut ask R. Kelly.

peggygee
08-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Well just what IS right Mr. know it all.

I view DL as MEN sleeping with MEN.

That is where you're wrong. DL has to do secrecy of sexuality . Not Men sleeping with men only. They mentioned that in the video more than once. it's NOT Gender specific at all.

If a female is promiscuous and claims Christianity or not open about that practice. That's a form of DL.

If a man is sleeping with men and women and not open about it socially, then that's DL as well.

If a woman is sleeping with other women (lipstick lesbians) and sleeping with men, but not open about her sexuality socially, it's still considered DL.

Closet Lesbians suffer the same issue. I had more than a few female friends come out recently state their lesbian or Bi-sexual. Some of them are 40 years old, they had to live 15 years on the DL.

DL has to do with secrecy of sexuality.

Right again my informed friend.

By the by, any lipstick lesbians out there?
Holla at your girl. :wink:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/lipstick-lesbian4x4.jpg

Any and everybody else, I don't do D/L,
or dirty little secrets.